Celtic v Aberdeen, Scottish Cup Semi Final

Flybhoy

6 minutes ago, ScottishZizou said:

The Montrose/Inverness Celtic fans buses just crammed full of idiots who pay their money to a club (they have no connection to except they historically win and these people like winning) who then monopolises the league and they revel in it.

Scottish society is just a myriad of what Infantino et al want football to be.

Everyone go and support the big clubs with all the resources and so they get even bigger and more powerful.

The referees manage to 'see' things against them that are missed the other way round.

Montrose Emerald???!!!!  - aren't these guys aware that Stewart Petrie has done a fanastic job of getting the Mo promoted and now into the play-off position in L1 ?

3 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Scottish society is just a myriad of what Infantino et al want football to be.

Everyone go and support the big clubs with all the resources and so they get even bigger and more powerful.

The referees manage to 'see' things against them that are missed the other way round.

Montrose Emerald???!!!!  - aren't these guys aware that Stewart Petrie has done a fanastic job of getting the Mo promoted and now into the play-off position in L1 ?

I completely agree with you that there’s a push to support the big clubs and it’s shameful that people in Montrose would take greater satisfaction from Celtic winning than the work that Petrie is doing. Maybe it’s something lacking in the persons life that they need to fill it with a winning sensation. 

I don’t really buy the old firm get more penalties and decisions line. Possibly because they have bigger supports and referees are only humans they get swayed from time to time but I don’t think referees go out on purpose to ensure they win.  

I said to my mate at the time that Dominic Ball's first booking, which was a ludicrous decision, could come back to haunt us, I actually advocated taking him off as soon as he had been booked. Hayes had kicked it out for a throw and then ran into him. I've not seen the second one again. Aberdeen committed 5 more fouls than celtic but received 5 times as many cards and the only one they received was for diving. It appeared every foul of ours was to be met with a sanction. The first red card totally fucks the game and Thomson had fucked himself by booking ball for nothing early doors.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, ScottishZizou said:

By far my favourite part of yesterday was walking back to the car and hearing Celtic fans celebrating and commenting on how easy it was whilst getting on to coaches heading to other parts of Scotland. Just hilarious. Imagine being so non self aware that you could get on a bus to another part of Scotland to the place where you should be supporting your football team and taking pleasure that there’s just no one who can challenge Celtic when the reason is that morons like them support Celtic for no good reason except they can earn a small slice of satisfaction from their glory-hunting ways.  The Montrose/Inverness Celtic fans buses just crammed full of idiots who pay their money to a club (they have no connection to except they historically win and these people like winning) who then monopolises the league and they revel in it. I’m probably coming across as seething (likely because I am) but the levels of delusion in these people is mind blowing. The whole thing just feels pointless when the cards are stacked so heavily in a couple of teams favour and it’s almost all because people just love jumping on the gravy train and getting some perverse sense of satisfaction from wanting a team to win that they clearly know will. What’s even more infuriating and actually quite funny is that these people are too thick to register that they’re actually the problem and seem to think that smaller clubs should be able to magically manufacture fans when these are the people who should be said clubs fans. 

There was an excellent post by someone on here and I can’t remember what thread and by who, that had the rise in the old firm attendances mirrored by the fall in most other teams. That also mirrors the overwhelming old firm dominance that has become in modern times. If I were McInnes I would leave as it just seems utterly pointless trying to get any further. 

In actual football related news, Aberdeen did themselves no favours yesterday, it was always going to be tough missing Shinnie, McGinn, Logan and GMS but they never helped themselves with poor decision making at big moments. Important they can bounce back and try make sure there’s European football again. 

You come across as seething alright.

Let folk glory hunt if that gives them satisfaction. Let them support Celtic, Man City in England and Barca in the CL. I'd as soon listen to happy glory hunters than the bitter hairshirt moaners.

4 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

However we should have a squad which can cope with injury. Shinnie out, and the whole identity of the team is lost. We’ve got no one who can replace what he brings. McGinn out and you’re playing Stewart out wide again. Logan out and you’re sticking Ball back to RB not only weakening that position but the centre of the park too.

Pretty much said this before the game No kudos for saying it after the game with hindsight. 

18 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

Wee James Forrest goal was a belter.

Aye, even better when I saw it back on the highlights.

I thought he was much closer in the stadium, some strike.

2 hours ago, Snafu said:

The problem is Aberdeen or anyone else just don't have the quality to compete with Celtic over a season and when they do step up and improve their quality players are away to the likes of Celtic sending them back to where they were to start again. No issue with this its just life in football everywhere. But when Celtic fans complain about the lack of competition every season for the title and yet still forget their team cherry picks the best players from their competition season after season it's more boring than hearing Celtic fans celebrating for the thousandth time beating the likes of Dundee or St. Mirren. For the smaller clubs its always difficult to bring in a replacement of the same quality as the player that has left. Celtic fans must be the most 'interesting fans' on the planet.

Absolute mince.
Celtic have left the Scottish market alone plus Aberdeen got the benefit of having Christie for a year probably the only one you could point to is Armstrong.
Celtic have more players coming through the development squad than we cherry pick from the Scottish game.
Aberdeen only play Celtic 4 times in the league that leaves 34 games where Celtic has no effect on the Aberdeen result.

2 hours ago, ScottishZizou said:

By far my favourite part of yesterday was walking back to the car and hearing Celtic fans celebrating and commenting on how easy it was whilst getting on to coaches heading to other parts of Scotland. Just hilarious. Imagine being so non self aware that you could get on a bus to another part of Scotland to the place where you should be supporting your football team and taking pleasure that there’s just no one who can challenge Celtic when the reason is that morons like them support Celtic for no good reason except they can earn a small slice of satisfaction from their glory-hunting ways.  The Montrose/Inverness Celtic fans buses just crammed full of idiots who pay their money to a club (they have no connection to except they historically win and these people like winning) who then monopolises the league and they revel in it. I’m probably coming across as seething (likely because I am) but the levels of delusion in these people is mind blowing. The whole thing just feels pointless when the cards are stacked so heavily in a couple of teams favour and it’s almost all because people just love jumping on the gravy train and getting some perverse sense of satisfaction from wanting a team to win that they clearly know will. What’s even more infuriating and actually quite funny is that these people are too thick to register that they’re actually the problem and seem to think that smaller clubs should be able to magically manufacture fans when these are the people who should be said clubs fans. 

There was an excellent post by someone on here and I can’t remember what thread and by who, that had the rise in the old firm attendances mirrored by the fall in most other teams. That also mirrors the overwhelming old firm dominance that has become in modern times. If I were McInnes I would leave as it just seems utterly pointless trying to get any further. 

In actual football related news, Aberdeen did themselves no favours yesterday, it was always going to be tough missing Shinnie, McGinn, Logan and GMS but they never helped themselves with poor decision making at big moments. Important they can bounce back and try make sure there’s European football again. 

While you are spot on, there’s another factor which ensures Celtics dominance.

The self preservation society known as the champions league, keeps the big bucks at the top clubs and keeps them ahead of the rest each season.

31 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Absolute mince.
Celtic have left the Scottish market alone plus Aberdeen got the benefit of having Christie for a year probably the only one you could point to is Armstrong.
Celtic have more players coming through the development squad than we cherry pick from the Scottish game.

GMS, Armstrong, Ciftci, Allan, Christie, Hayes, Morgan, Bain and Hendry have all been signed from Scottish clubs in the last four years.

How many players have you brought through your development squad in that time?

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

GMS, Armstrong, Ciftci, Allan, Christie, Hayes, Morgan, Bain and Hendry have all been signed from Scottish clubs in the last four years.

Go away, this thread isn't for bottom 6 dross.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ralston,Johnston,two Henderson bothers,Tierney,Forrest,McGregor,Aitchison and Miller off the top of my head.

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Ralston,Johnston,two Henderson bothers,Tierney,Forrest,McGregor,Aitchison and Miller off the top of my head.

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's all tied on 9 all. 

Who can break the deadlock? 

... Hang on, what's aitchison? Is this made up? And 2 Hendersons eh? Maybe I've not been following the mutants closely enough or maybe this is a stretch.