Celtic v Aberdeen, Scottish Cup Semi Final

Flybhoy

8 hours ago, G-MAN said:

Sorry I don’t get your point Romeo ?

McInnes apologised for his gesture to the Fans. He was then asked if it was to do with the Sectarian Chants. He said it was.

What’s that got to do with child abuse ?

You’re the one who keeps bringing it up. Creepy fucker.

Massive deflection, move along, nothing to see here.

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, WeeMentalDavie said:

To anyone claiming it was a 50/50, straight from Sportscene. Ball didn't have to challenge. Hopefully Christie isn't out for too long. 20190414_234239.jpg

Using a still imagine to try and back up a non-existent point :lol: 

Do you think Ball went in to stick the head on Christie in mid air? If your answer is yes you’re a moron. 

3 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Massive deflection, move along, nothing to see here.

You’re up and about early today. I have continuously condemned the paedo songs by our support, but despite requesting a few times, you continue to find it impossible to condemn your support’s sectarian singing. All you’ve really done since the game finished is post supposed smart arse comments. And just to clear it up, Derek answered all of the questions he was asked, but of course you know that.

You’re up and about early today. I have continuously condemned the paedo songs by our support, but despite requesting a few times, you continue to find it impossible to condemn your support’s sectarian singing. All you’ve really done since the game finished is post supposed smart arse comments. And just to clear it up, Derek answered all of the questions he was asked, but of course you know that.
Sectarian singing is of course abhorrent. But I am being accused of point scoring by some Don's fans on here for sticking up for victims of abuse. They seem to want to gloss over it completely for some reason.

Using a still imagine to try and back up a non-existent point [emoji38] 
Do you think Ball went in to stick the head on Christie in mid air? If your answer is yes you’re a moron. 
No I don't think he did. I don't think he is that sort of player but nobody can claim it was a 50/50 challenge and you can't complain about receiving a 2nd yellow for it.

See when I said that I enjoy these days out, I felt that made it pretty clear that I was at the game. We were poor, obviously, but until the sending off the game was going along the way that I had predicted it in my head. Get to half time at 0.0 and then have a go second half. Ball’s first booking wasn’t for persistent fouling. Thompson was indicating that he felt that Ball stopped Hayes going round him. I was right above the ball boy incident, and Thompson knew exactly what to do, but he was trying to make sure that the Celtic player put it out for a goal kick. The penalty was obvious as Devlin stood on Hayes foot. Thompson had a decent game if you look at it sensibly, which I admit that I didn’t during the game.

It’s pretty much how I saw the game.

We were doing fine until a key moment that has fired our game plan into the sea, and then we instantly go behind. Game over from there.

I don’t have any referee complaints really and Im failing to get excited about the McInnes chants, I’m not buying this *********** thing being that terrible.

Just a horrible day at the office and I had moved on by the time tiger won the masters.

21 minutes ago, Romeo said:
26 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Sectarian singing is of course abhorrent. But I am being accused of point scoring by some Don's fans on here for sticking up for victims of abuse. They seem to want to gloss over it completely for some reason.

A Celtic supporter coming out with “they seem to want to gloss over it for some reason” has to get some kind of award for irony. No Aberdeen supporter that I know would do anything other than condemn any type of paedo singing, and those that don’t were probably singing along. Why don’t you focus on us good guys out there? 

That's two Scottish Cup semi-finals that have exposed our recent recruitment as nowhere near to being good enough. Big rebuild coming up, with Shinnie, Mackay-Steven and probably McKenna departing, and we can't afford expensive mistakes like Forrester, Gleeson and Wilson again - latter two should be stepping up in situations like this game, but they're total jobbers. 

This is what I keep thinking.

The mistakes that caused us to lose yesterday weren’t made on the day, or in the immediate lead up to the game. The man marking, counter attacking football was the only tactic we could really deploy against a much better side with key players missing. You’d have to be an idiot to set this team up to “have a go” with a makeshift right hand side, and two teenagers in midfield. The man marking was working pretty well, and we could have at least kept them out, barring a wondergoal worldy (much like the goal they eventually scored), and maybe pushed for a goal ourselves.

However we should have a squad which can cope with injury. Shinnie out, and the whole identity of the team is lost. We’ve got no one who can replace what he brings. McGinn out and you’re playing Stewart out wide again. Logan out and you’re sticking Ball back to RB not only weakening that position but the centre of the park too.

The recruitment/management of players has been poor long term and that’s what cost us that game, and this season in general tbh. Another MASSIVE rebuild this summer. For this first time in a while, I could see McInnes upping and leaving.

38 minutes ago, WeeMentalDavie said:
49 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:
Using a still imagine to try and back up a non-existent point emoji38.png 

No I don't think he did. I don't think he is that sort of player but nobody can claim it was a 50/50 challenge and you can't complain about receiving a 2nd yellow for it.

It’s 100% a booking.

6 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

It’s 100% a booking.

Because of the horrible injury to Ryan Christie people are looking at the challenge in a worse light than if he had just got up and walked away. How many times have we all seen someone on a booking get off with their next yellow card offence because the referee wants to keep 22 players on the park. 

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Because of the horrible injury to Ryan Christie people are looking at the challenge in a worse light than if he had just got up and walked away. How many times have we all seen someone on a booking get off with their next yellow card offence because the referee wants to keep 22 players on the park. 

I don’t necessarily disagree with this. You often see a clash of heads (defender heading through the back of a striker after he’s won the ball for example) not punished with a booking but I do feel this was the correct call. 

The Dominic Ball Scottish Cup semi-final quiz

Q1. A Motherwell player is running into the box in what could be a dangerous position and appears to control the ball with his arm - Kevin Clancy is the referee.

Do you.....

(i) Play on, and ensure you stop any cross into the middle. 

(ii) Completely stop in your tracks and put your hand up claiming a handball, allowing the ball to be centred for a tap-in by the striker

Q2. You are on a (harsh) yellow-card against one of the bigot brothers at Hampden, with Craig Thomson as the referee?

Do you.....

(i) Tread carefully - stand your ground, but avoid diving into challenges?

(ii) Wait another few minutes, then recklessly wipe out an opponent who isn't really going anywhere 

1 minute ago, Romeo said:
6 minutes ago, kingjoey said:
I’m not a good guy?

I'm sure you are but maybe you should take your own advice.

Please clarify exactly what you mean, rather than talking in riddles.

1 hour ago, Romeo said:
2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Sectarian singing is of course abhorrent.

Well it may have taken you until the day after the match to finally accept this but that's progress.

By far my favourite part of yesterday was walking back to the car and hearing Celtic fans celebrating and commenting on how easy it was whilst getting on to coaches heading to other parts of Scotland. Just hilarious. Imagine being so non self aware that you could get on a bus to another part of Scotland to the place where you should be supporting your football team and taking pleasure that there’s just no one who can challenge Celtic when the reason is that morons like them support Celtic for no good reason except they can earn a small slice of satisfaction from their glory-hunting ways.  The Montrose/Inverness Celtic fans buses just crammed full of idiots who pay their money to a club (they have no connection to except they historically win and these people like winning) who then monopolises the league and they revel in it. I’m probably coming across as seething (likely because I am) but the levels of delusion in these people is mind blowing. The whole thing just feels pointless when the cards are stacked so heavily in a couple of teams favour and it’s almost all because people just love jumping on the gravy train and getting some perverse sense of satisfaction from wanting a team to win that they clearly know will. What’s even more infuriating and actually quite funny is that these people are too thick to register that they’re actually the problem and seem to think that smaller clubs should be able to magically manufacture fans when these are the people who should be said clubs fans. 

There was an excellent post by someone on here and I can’t remember what thread and by who, that had the rise in the old firm attendances mirrored by the fall in most other teams. That also mirrors the overwhelming old firm dominance that has become in modern times. If I were McInnes I would leave as it just seems utterly pointless trying to get any further. 

In actual football related news, Aberdeen did themselves no favours yesterday, it was always going to be tough missing Shinnie, McGinn, Logan and GMS but they never helped themselves with poor decision making at big moments. Important they can bounce back and try make sure there’s European football again. 

Archived