Celtic v Aberdeen, Scottish Cup Semi Final

Flybhoy

Ball’s second booking was a mistimed header, nothing more. Christie got there first and Ball had already committed. You’d have to be a fucking mental c**t to purposely go in and header someone in that fashion not knowing who will come off worse. He was deservedly booked but over the piece to get sent off for only committing those two fouls is incredibly soft. 

Tierney is still a wee dick.

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

I took in this game fully expecting Aberdeen to give Celtic a right good go. It didn't happen.  I think McIness tried to re-produce the tactics  that nearly worked in his favour in the final two years ago but his team weren't up to it. I'm not even convinced that the sendings-off had a significant impact on the proceedings, a fatigued Celtic side were far too good for an overly defensive Dons' team...

The sending off absolutely did. Aberdeen were man to man marking (hence the Celtic centre backs getting so much joy) so to lose a player when implementing that system is massive. I don’t think Aberdeen would have won either way but Celtic weren’t exactly cutting them open at will.

7 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

I took in this game fully expecting Aberdeen to give Celtic a right good go. It didn't happen.  I think McIness tried to re-produce the tactics  that nearly worked in his favour in the final two years ago but his team weren't up to it. I'm not even convinced that the sendings-off had a significant impact on the proceedings, a fatigued Celtic side were far too good for an overly defensive Dons' team...

I agree with this. Prior to the first sending off AFC had done a fair job of recreating the abject surrender of the 2016/17 League Cup Final.

12 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Maybe they’re busy preparing a strongly worded statement about the blocked passageways

There you lot go again, making light of a potentially dangerous situation because Celtic supporters can do what they want.

1 minute ago, Romeo said:

Has Derek mentioned the Aberdeen fans singing about child abuse...?

No...didn't think so.

Absolutely horrible songs today from our support, but don’t think that they had any bearing on why Derek was sent to the stand, which is the question that he was asked. I know this is futile, but it would be a pleasant surprise if you condemned your support for singing sectarian songs in the same way that I am condemning our support for singing vile  “paedo” songs.

Has Derek mentioned the Aberdeen fans singing about child abuse...?

No...didn't think so.

That is whataboutery at its worst. There are plenty of orange so and so's   kicking about our game but McIness isn't one...

28 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Nil By Mouth are very silent tonight. I mean, not as if they were quick to condemn our Support after the Ibrox game. Within a couple of hours if I remember rightly.

Clearly they posted their tweet a couple of hours later on a Sunday night than is entirely proper, and this time differential is evidence that the forces of organized anti-sectarianism in Scotland are a bunch of obviously bigoted Rangers-haters, so it's okay to disregard everything they say. Who's for a round of the Famine Song?

3 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I still like McLennan about Ferguson is a thug.

It was a terrible challenge by young Lewis, but I think that your opinion on him is slightly clouded by his family ties. Lewis ain’t no thug.

Absolutely horrible songs today from our support, but don’t think that they had any bearing on why Derek was sent to the stand, which is the question that he was asked. I know this is futile, but it would be a pleasant surprise if you condemned your support for singing sectarian songs in the same way that I am condemning our support for singing vile  “paedo” songs.

I wish we didn’t sing it due to the fact that it’s an awful song.

Plus mcinnes isn’t an ****** b, nor any rangers manager for the last few decades that I’ve watched them, (except for that 1 game in 2007).

Derek mentioned anything about Aberdeen fans booing Christie while being stretchered off?

No, didn't think so.

Was he asked about it? 

No, didn’t think so. (I, and everyone around me, applauded when Ryan was carried off)

Romeo condemned Celtic fans sectarian singing in the same way that I have condemned our fans paedo chants?

No, didn’t think so.

Archived