University Challenge

Bold Rover

7 hours ago, Crroma said:
8 hours ago, peasy23 said:
I get the odd question right, and do not too bad on the connecting walls, but the only reason I would go on would be to get a close up swatch at Victoria Coren's bosom.

Cheers this is is the post that made me realise this is the dumbest most simplistic forum ive ever seen.

Glad to see you’re contributing to maintaining that level.

On 28/03/2019 at 21:21, L. Brilliant said:

I would go on Only Connect tbh, would not do well at all but yolo. Are there two other sad cases similarly minded on here??

I'd do it.  I get the Missing Vowels round and I'm OK at the Connecting Wall - one or two of the rows.44

And I'd have Ms Coren purring like a pussy cat.  Got to be worth a point or two.

Check my other posts tonight - I'm not quite in control of my faculties.

I hate that Golfinos c**t. 

Ruggles, I think this means we will have to forego next weeks semi-final as it is to be the Battle of the One-Man-Know-It-All Teams.
Golfinos, the Hi-5ing YankWank versus Leo, the fidgeting German-on-the-Spectrum........
The Seventh Circle of Hell...........sorry, I’m out......[emoji35]

Ruggles, I think this means we will have to forego next weeks semi-final as it is to be the Battle of the One-Man-Know-It-All Teams.
Golfinos, the Hi-5ing YankWank versus Leo, the fidgeting German-on-the-Spectrum........
The Seventh Circle of Hell...........sorry, I’m out......[emoji35]
Should've been the final really...

Should've been the final really...

Eh ? 🤷‍♂️
Personally I’d rather see a final where all well-rounded contestants get a look-in and a chance to contribute, rather than two Oxbridge teams dominated by individuals who on the surface appear to be remarkably smart but will probably end up committing suicide or going on an AR-15 fuelled rampage in their local Walmart.
[emoji12]

Delighted that my alma mater Edinburgh have reached the final after missing out at the semi final stage for the last couple of years. Durham’s Yule looked devastated at the ‘final whistle.’

Durham might have been slight favourites going in, but Edinburgh’s early buzzing strategy paid off, and their bonus conversion has been consistently excellent throughout the series. 

Have quizzed with Booth and Fitz-James a few times - both great quizzers, and good guys. Fingers crossed for the final...

Nice to see him going out on his arse last night, especially as it was a fairly tight game in the end and he cost his team at least 10 points by buzzing early and fucking it up.

Golfinos sounds like a Lidl golf clothing range.

Well, I ended up watching the Leo v Golfinos match due to Mrs. FP telling me to “stop being a juvenile príck” after I threatened to boycott the programme due to my dislike of the know-it-all captains. (Thank you for your kind words, darling.....)

Leo Utd had a pretty decent lead at one point, something like 115 - 45, but Golfinos City made a good comeback and it was 165 - 145 in favour of Leo as Paxo asked the final question. Scottish guy from Bothwell, Lanarkshire on the City team came in before the end of the question and got it wrong. (Meniscus, you twat....🤡)

Leo Utd v Athens of the North Thistle in the final.

That c*nt Paxman will of course help the Cambridge team in any way he can.......☹️[emoji41]

5 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Thought they had Hibs'd it as would have been fitting for a team representing fair Edina, but some finish to leave Leo seething.

To be fair, and to my surprise, Leo and his teammates were generous in their applause to the victors. I'm sure all PnBers got the answer 54 from LIV, the clincher question.

Edited by Bold Rover
Duplication

To be fair, and to my surprise, Leo and his teammates were generous in their applause to the victors. I'm sure all PnBers got the answer 54 from LIV, the clincher question.
Yep, one of the easier questions in the final. I do love the look of horror on a team's faces when they hear something like "your bonuses are on the subject of Iron Maiden songs." [emoji23]