University Challenge

Bold Rover

Anyone watch this last night? Close contest with Bristol striking an early substantial lead before being overtaken by St Edmund's Hall, Oxford. However, the striking feature of the game was Paxman's adjudication. The St Edmund's captain was warned by Paxman, after a hesitation upon buzzing, that he must answer immediately but allowed the points and bonuses. A few minutes later the same player repeated his quick buzz with - an even longer - hesitation. Again Paxman allowed the points and they won by a narrow margin.

Was screaming Sonny and Cher at the telly...amazing how they'll get every single classical music question but mostly clueless at popular music. Only a few weeks ago no-one knew who sung Video Killed the Radio Star. I despair

It's always amusing when you get a team of chinless English wonders and they have to answer a Scottish question to which they haven't a clue (mainly teams from Scottish Universities, he said sounding like McGlashan..)

1 hour ago, Bold Rover said:

Anyone watch this last night? Close contest with Bristol striking an early substantial lead before being overtaken by St Edmund's Hall, Oxford. However, the striking feature of the game was Paxman's adjudication. The St Edmund's captain was warned by Paxman, after a hesitation upon buzzing, that he must answer immediately but allowed the points and bonuses. A few minutes later the same player repeated his quick buzz with - an even longer - hesitation. Again Paxman allowed the points and they won by a narrow margin.

The gut was a knob. He was overthinking questions far too much and trying to show off too much (debating that an answer would be too easy and so said something else only for the 'easy' answer to be correct).

w****r. And aye, Paxman should have taken 5 points off his team for the second hesitation.

7 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

The gut was a knob. He was overthinking questions far too much and trying to show off too much (debating that an answer would be too easy and so said something else only for the 'easy' answer to be correct).

w****r. And aye, Paxman should have taken 5 points off his team for the second hesitation.

he was constantly trying to paw and impress the pretty lassie to his right.fair dos,wid.but aye,paxman should have penalised him

• 2 weeks later...

I like university challenge, it reminds me I'm dumb as f**k without being mean about it. That Only Connect is something else though. 30 minutes of a quiz show kicking your teeth in. Nay fun.

I would go on Only Connect tbh, would not do well at all but yolo. Are there two other sad cases similarly minded on here??
I get the odd question right, and do not too bad on the connecting walls, but the only reason I would go on would be to get a close up swatch at Victoria Coren's bosom.

I get the odd question right, and do not too bad on the connecting walls, but the only reason I would go on would be to get a close up swatch at Victoria Coren's bosom.
Cheers this is is the post that made me realise this is the dumbest most simplistic forum ive ever seen.