Turnip Surprise Vs Quinoa Fake Steak Bakes

3 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Definitely a better point for us as you've looked like you have us sussed every time we've met. Delighted we don't have to play you again tbh.

We now have to hope Alloa take a few poundings & QOS continue freefalling. Thistle have more than enough to avoid bottom 2. 

Don't share the concern of my fellow Bairns regarding our season's end. Top 2 will be long since settled & both will be phoning it in.

Don't think Edge is getting enough credit for today. Thought he was immense.

A moral victory for the neeps.

turnip4thebooks.gif

tumblr_nr6jvaznNk1qb21tjo1_400.gif.097cb718f655e7453587c4846315cf07.gifIMG_20190310_193135.thumb.jpg.af57967ee6c247a076154d59031f9969.jpg

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In terms of subs, Ray settled (annoyingly) Caldwell threw bodies on to win it. On that basis they might be more annoyed.

Both teams are better than Alloa and Queens probably. Hindsight makes this game appear a must not lose rather than the must win we all said it was before hand.

Just an annoying day really but the last 3 games agaisnt Thistle have followed the same pattern really.

What Thistle have to worry about is the lack of cutting edge id say. Theres goals in McDonald but not many chamces in the team by the look of it.

13 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Definitely a better point for us as you've looked like you have us sussed every time we've met. Delighted we don't have to play you again tbh.

We now have to hope Alloa take a few poundings & QOS continue freefalling. Thistle have more than enough to avoid bottom 2. 

Don't share the concern of my fellow Bairns regarding our season's end. Top 2 will be long since settled & both will be phoning it in.

Don't think Edge is getting enough credit for today. Thought he was immense.

A moral victory for the neeps.

turnip4thebooks.gif

That's a swede, you tumshie! (Unless you're English, of course.)

Play with real width against us and we are fucked - the team is so narrow and lightweight up top we are rarely going to create chances.  Our goal came from the ONE time where McShane played it forward and followed the ball in to the box.  

Team was set up not to lose, Osman is a decent enough defensive mid but contributes absolutely zero to the team in an attacking sense.  The bit in the second half where McKenna had the ball wide left and was needing some support, looked up to see Osman man marking their player with not a single thought of helping out in an attacking sense was ridiculous.

Ive no idea how Jarvis never got something on the chance at the end, I was screaming for a pen cos that's the only reason I could think of for him completely missing it.

Like others said, the subs killed the game, DKD only plays for about 15 mins a half, but is by far and away the most creative player we have when he does, him behind two actual strikers (Petra doesnt count) - I think we would reap the benefits.  

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Partick miles ahead of us in terms of technique. McKinnon is so negative it is horrid to watch. The very best we will get now is 8th, however playoffs loom for me on that performance.

Petravicious despite setting upmthe goal is hopeless, just breaks down so many times he gets it. McLean - hopeless too. Osman was as poor as he was decent at Dingwall.

Glad we have a two week break now. We looked leggy.

Dixon our best player.

Truly worrying. It looks like we are sleepwalking our way into 9th or (God help us) 10th. We have frittered away our best chances of pulling a wee bit clear of those around us, and with a tough tail end to the season, I am getting an uneasy feeling that McKinnon isn’t up for anything a bit more imaginative. The Alloa/Ayr wins should have been the foundation to build on, but we have blown that.

Uneasy feeling that all our eggs are headed for the home Alloa game basket.

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The Jagfox is gassed. Calling it now.

6 pinter x2

A hard road brother but stayed true to the T.

How are you babez x 

3 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

It was 4-2-4 we finished the game tbf.

The game was/ seemed finished after an hour. I feel generous giving it that length of time...

9 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

f**k sake Falkirk.  We are doing everything we can to relegate this gang. 

The shite bags of Ayr are irrelevant. 

Thank you x

41 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

In terms of subs, Ray settled (annoyingly) Caldwell threw bodies on to win it. On that basis they might be more annoyed.

Both teams are better than Alloa and Queens probably. Hindsight makes this game appear a must not lose rather than the must win we all said it was before hand.

Just an annoying day really but the last 3 games agaisnt Thistle have followed the same pattern really.

What Thistle have to worry about is the lack of cutting edge id say. Theres goals in McDonald but not many chamces in the team by the look of it.

Just wait until our star striker Couilabaly is allowed to play thatl solve it .. oh wait

Took in this game as a neutral, and based on that 90 mins, I can now understand why both teams are where they are in the league.

Thistle got their goal, and while they were comfortable, never threatened to add to the lead. Falkirk equalised with the only decent move they put together in the first half.

If Falkirk' s attempt that hit the post early on the 2nd had gone in, then maybe we'd've had a more exciting game, but it didn't, and we didn't.

My MoM was Thistle #8, didn't do anything spectacular, but was solid and effective in  midfield, and did exactly what his role was to do.

Archived