Turnip Surprise Vs Quinoa Fake Steak Bakes

Get this fuckin clown Mckinnon to f**k!

A big Wardrobe and a wee Jack Russell in the middle of the park for us is unacceptable.

If thistle never had an utter Moron as manger they would have hammered us today, we are SO bad its difficult to find words.

Mckinnon was out thought today, that is like getting beat at Connect Four from someone who went to a special school 

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Indeed but pleasingly oppurchancity spurned. 

We are very much in the shite but I felt a draw today was the best result from our point of view,

correct, tho cant see either us or Partick finishing below Queens

9 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

our 3 subs weakened us. I feel sorry for Robson that McLean gets a game before him, ridiculous. we take off the fastest guy on the park in Petra for kidd and mcshane who scored and hit the post for Jarvis who to date has shown little

Petra shouldve been subbed first, way out of his depth today

9 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Partick miles ahead of us in terms of technique. McKinnon is so negative it is horrid to watch. The very best we will get now is 8th, however playoffs loom for me on that performance.

Petravicious despite setting upmthe goal is hopeless, just breaks down so many times he gets it. McLean - hopeless too. Osman was as poor as he was decent at Dingwall.

Glad we have a two week break now. We looked leggy.

Dixon our best player.

I thot Dixon was poor today

7 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

A midfield of Slater, Bannigan and Spitall should be doing better in this league...

Bannigan is a player......shouldnt be playing at this level of lower championship

7 hours ago, Chris_the_rover said:

Went to the game as neutral

Thought Falkirk had the chances and should have won it

But they are so wasteful passing the ball to partick players constantly they were very poor.

Partick were miles ahead for first half hour and were so much better on the ball

For Falkirk poor passing and possession play a draw was fair

We were horrendous first half and Partick won that , I feel we edged 2nd half but we didnt win the 2nd half the way Partick won the 1st half

5 hours ago, oot_the_loop said:

Play with real width against us and we are fucked - the team is so narrow and lightweight up top we are rarely going to create chances.  Our goal came from the ONE time where McShane played it forward and followed the ball in to the box.  

Team was set up not to lose, Osman is a decent enough defensive mid but contributes absolutely zero to the team in an attacking sense.  The bit in the second half where McKenna had the ball wide left and was needing some support, looked up to see Osman man marking their player with not a single thought of helping out in an attacking sense was ridiculous.

Ive no idea how Jarvis never got something on the chance at the end, I was screaming for a pen cos that's the only reason I could think of for him completely missing it.

Like others said, the subs killed the game, DKD only plays for about 15 mins a half, but is by far and away the most creative player we have when he does, him behind two actual strikers (Petra doesnt count) - I think we would reap the benefits.  

Our formation led to the Partick dominance , its very hard to decipher next, we were obviously over ran in wide mid, sneaked a goal and partick shit it for the remainder of the first half

I disagree with our formation was set not to lose, no one sets up with a diamond not to lose, if we had 4-5-1 as we have then yes. 

I do think we are hurting ourselves playing Petra as a striker or at all. I can appreciate what he has done for us, but he is by far not good enough

the 2nd half was a shitfest, I like to think we won it on clear cut chances but I won stand firm on that

3 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I'm not smug. I'm actually pretty pissed off that we continually fail to win "must win" games, unless they're against Alloa. 

I like McKinnon as a manager. He did extremely well to get results from a previously dire squad, he's a genuinely nice guy despite all the crap you hear from Inverclyde, and I think his recruitment in January was decent. I'd just like him to be a bit more daring with team selections. Given that some of the players he's throwing in aren't delivering I'd like to see Todorov and Lavery get a bit more of an opportunity. Both have shown up well when playing for the reserves.

Lavery is O'Hara and shouldnt be near the 11 of first team......

7 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

You'd have a hard on for the first time in about 25 years if we got relegated. The only Falkirk fan on here who genuinely takes pleasure in us dropping points. 

Failing to beat a relegation rival in four attempts isn't anything to be smug about. 

Your guff ramblings are as dugshite as ever.  Maybe not as dugshite as your “5 points for a win over Dumbarton”, but dugshite nonetheless.

Petra out of his depth? he assisted our best 3 chances, the goal, mcshane hitting the post and patons header. without him we wouldn't be creating much.
I can recall seeing the frustrating side of Petra (happy feet) once or twice. Other than that, its as you say. Not sure why he is constantly picked out when he is, creativrly speaking, easily our best supplier of chances.

Get this fuckin clown Mckinnon to f**k!
A big Wardrobe and a wee Jack Russell in the middle of the park for us is unacceptable.
If thistle never had an utter Moron as manger they would have hammered us today, we are SO bad its difficult to find words.
Mckinnon was out thought today, that is like getting beat at Connect Four from someone who went to a special school 

Was reading that report this morning about cocaine at Scottish Football grounds and I had thought we were clean until I read this......

Petra was frustrating yesterday but he still set up more chances than the other 21 players on the park combined. I think he'd be helped by a more attacking midfield set up. Especially at home, one of Paton and Osman is plenty for me 

2 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Petra was frustrating yesterday but he still set up more chances than the other 21 players on the park combined. I think he'd be helped by a more attacking midfield set up. Especially at home, one of Paton and Osman is plenty for me 

Yep. We are in danger of getting stale already. Waddington has faded off into obscurity and Todorov is bit part at best. These are guys who offer something different and we need to be changing up sometimes. Waddington in particular in a home game. 

Can’t believe this is how McKinnon sees our road to salvation this season. It might well be a “I have no choice” thing going on in his head, but as of yesterday, we have near enough lost control of our own destiny yet again with only the Alloa game preventing us from slipping into the red.

Pretty soon, he’s going to have to go for the wins, as we are giving Partick Alloa and Queens just a bit too much encouragement.

That was fucking awful yesterday. Osman is absolute dug shite. McKinnon got it so wrong with the subs. Petra is infuriating. Fastest man on the park yet doesn't understand how to hit the ball by someone and run. Dixon was posh, Robson would have been far more effective, feart to go forward with the ball. All in all a brutal game. 

I was coming on here to have a laugh about the coyb page but it appears to have spread over here.
The only thing I’d blame McKinnon for would be the poor subs.
I dont think there is ever a circumstance outside injury where Ian McShane can justifiably be removed from our midfield.

I dont think there is ever a circumstance outside injury where Ian McShane can justifiably be removed from our midfield.

I’m not going to look back at match reports but I feel like both McShane and DKD have been taken off early recently. DKD has said himself it’s down to fitness so I wonder if there’s something similar with McShane.

I’m not going to look back at match reports but I feel like both McShane and DKD have been taken off early recently. DKD has said himself it’s down to fitness so I wonder if there’s something similar with McShane.
Fatigue perhaps for McShane. Two weeks off now then two massive away games specially the QoS one. Just need to hope we dont see a shite set of results when we arent playing next week.

From a quick look at fixtures, I personally think we are more likely to outpoint Queens and Alloa than we are Thistle from now.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Yep. We are in danger of getting stale already. Waddington has faded off into obscurity and Todorov is bit part at best. These are guys who offer something different and we need to be changing up sometimes. Waddington in particular in a home game. 

Waddington looked excellent on his debut at Somerset, picking up the ball and driving at their defence, such a contrast to the slug-like midfield we had seen for too long. It's pretty bizarre that we have never seen that since, with him being played out wide and now barely featuring at all. Todorov has never really had any sort of opportunity, I wasn't at Alloa or Dingwall, perhaps he played there, but he's had about 10 minutes of one home game (QOS perhaps, or ICT) and that's been about it. Again, pretty frustrating when Jarvis is getting regular appearances from the bench and frankly showing precious little (and that's being generous) to date.

The problem is that the best of the January signings - Burgoyne, Dixon, maybe Edge -are all in defensive areas. There hasn't been any significant upgrade at all in the final third, beyond a bit of badly-needed creativity in the shape of DKD. I don't see McKinnon's approach changing at all, he's a pretty pragmatic manager irrespective of circumstances. We'll only really "go for it" if or when we find ourselves in absolute must-win territory.

Waddington looked excellent on his debut at Somerset, picking up the ball and driving at their defence, such a contrast to the slug-like midfield we had seen for too long. It's pretty bizarre that we have never seen that since, with him being played out wide and now barely featuring at all. Todorov has never really had any sort of opportunity, I wasn't at Alloa or Dingwall, perhaps he played there, but he's had about 10 minutes of one home game (QOS perhaps, or ICT) and that's been about it. Again, pretty frustrating when Jarvis is getting regular appearances from the bench and frankly showing precious little (and that's being generous) to date.
The problem is that the best of the January signings - Burgoyne, Dixon, maybe Edge -are all in defensive areas. There hasn't been any significant upgrade at all in the final third, beyond a bit of badly-needed creativity in the shape of DKD. I don't see McKinnon's approach changing at all, he's a pretty pragmatic manager irrespective of circumstances. We'll only really "go for it" if or when we find ourselves in absolute must-win territory.
Yeah I do think that some of the frustration will continue as Ray clearly isnt bothered about playing pretty football. Hes stopped talking about the grind but he knows thats still what it is.

Waddington done well against Alloa IMO. As did Todorov in a bit of a cameo. Those guys can change the dynamic though which is why I would favour them over a Jarvis for example.

Waddington is the one for me thats odd. I really want to see him used more.

From the highlights it looks like bannigan had a poor game by his standards, giving the ball away. McDonald so close with that header. Great cross from penrice. Falkirk had their best chances from our inability to clear the ball properly.

Slater taking an age to turn and turn on the ball then have it nicked off him particularly difficult to watch. Seems like both teams were very nervy in the last ten minutes, giving the ball away and going end to end.

Glad we didn’t lose. Petravicius seemed to cause us problems. Glad rudden was reasonably contained

Archived