WrestleMania 35

JamieStevenson

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was such a weird ending. Nobody in the crowd actually knew it was over until the music hit.

The crowd was mental for Kofi and loads of people around me were in tears when New Day and his kids were in the ring.

The HHH-Batista match killed the crowd and we struggled to get back up after that.

Great experience though and after 30 minutes sleep I’m back up with the kids [emoji85]

Snoozefest. That one was a tester for those that were drifting off.

Yeah, I didn’t pass that test. Conked out and didn’t wake up til after 9.

The first half of Mania was very solid. Just watched the rest - HHH/Batista was alright but was expecting more shenanigans especially from HBK. Angle/Corbin and Bálor/Lashley were a bit meh though that’s hardly a surprise.

That main event was enjoyable. Pity the crowd were largely dead for it. Can’t blame them seeing how they’d already sat through 7 hours of action.

The finish should keep the Rousey/Lynch feud going.

It's all left me a bit meh.

Kofi-Bryan was superb, but everything else left me a bit underwhelmed. Nothing about them was particularly bad, but there wasn't a huge amount to get overly excited about. The main event was decent, but really suffered from the crowd being absolutely fucked, and the bizarre finish didn't help.

Was Miz-Shane supposed to be a blow-off? Because Miz chucking them both off the scaffolding didn't really achieve that. Did Drew gain much from losing to Reigns, or vice versa? Balor-Lashley meh, HHH-Batista meh, AJ-Orton was decent enough, but won't go down as a great WM match. Rollins-Brock was a bit odd for me - all that destruction from Brock, then a quick crotch shot pretty much undoes all of it.

It all seemed a bit non-Big 4 PPV to me, solid enough but not WM standard.

And Kurt deserved better than going out to Baron fucking Corbin.

1 hour ago, The Naitch said:

Yeah, I didn’t pass that test. Conked out and didn’t wake up til after 9.

The first half of Mania was very solid. Just watched the rest - HHH/Batista was alright but was expecting more shenanigans especially from HBK. Angle/Corbin and Bálor/Lashley were a bit meh though that’s hardly a surprise.

That main event was enjoyable. Pity the crowd were largely dead for it. Can’t blame them seeing how they’d already sat through 7 hours of action.

The finish should keep the Rousey/Lynch feud going.

Rousey's been wanting to take time off for long while (whether the stories of wanting have a kid are true or not) and according to WhatCulture, she's apparently severely broken her hand in the main event

A few things from the last bit of the show.

Angle's ideal opponent would have been Samoa Joe for that sort of loss. Can't think of anyone else worth giving that match to.

Balor vs Lashley was a waste.

The main event was hindered by the crowd being fucked by that point but still a lot of fun. Although after seeing that finish wasn't planned, and there was originally going to be a tapout, I'm thinking Rousey has burned her bridges for now.

The standard was solid through the majority so I'm happy enough with the show.

1 minute ago, Principal Flutie said:

A few things from the last bit of the show.

Angle's ideal opponent would have been Samoa Joe for that sort of loss. Can't think of anyone else worth giving that match to.

Balor vs Lashley was a waste.

The main event was hindered by the crowd being fucked by that point but still a lot of fun. Although after seeing that finish wasn't planned, and there was originally going to be a tapout, I'm thinking Rousey has burned her bridges for now.

The standard was solid through the majority so I'm happy enough with the show.

Agree on Joe, or maybe AJ on a similar "match new to the WWE Universe" basis . I just can't fathom why anyone thought Corbin was the right guy for that.

I didn’t really get into Styles/Orton, felt it was your typical Randy match but below standards for an AJ one. Kofi/Bryan aside, I’m not sure there was any other truly memorable matches. Nothing bad (Angle/Corbin aside) but nothing amazing. Still trying to work out what on earth that finish was about.

Finished it not long ago. Overall, really enjoyed it with the first half being far superior. Didn't watch the kick off show though.
Popped for Hogan and his Silverdome line, despite his slimey past. Alexa is simply a delight. Fucking so much of this that I'll fail to recall straight away though and I'll probably jump about with matches here...

Also thought Lesnar was trimmed to f**k, in superb shape. Great opener, hopefully Rollins gets some decent opponents to show how good he can be.

4 way tag match was great, loved the half hour or so Cesaro swing on Ricochet. Mental to believe he was at Fear and Loathing a couple of years back! Some nice spots. Someone had to retain on the night this was perfect.

Mostly skipped the women's 4 way tag but the Iconics are hot! Oaft.

Was looking forward to Orton AJ but skipped a lot of it too, had to get some work done and had a lot of time left on this. Decent looking enough but Orton matches are fairly boring for years, if still technically good.

Miz Shane was as great as it was going to get, some crazy spot eventually with lots of brawling. Shane isn't and hasn't ever been a wrestler or believable though,so its a bonus Miz made him look good.

Kofi v Bryan was gold. Absolute gold especially as I thought there'd be some sort of heel turn with that gift From Big E waiting. The build up has been tremendous and that's what pulls me back in to wrestling at times, a well told story. The B plus player schtick was genius and this could easily have closed the show if it was shorter.

Fun Joe squash match. Anyone think if he was a few years younger he'd be getting a stronger push? He's brilliant for his build.

Roman Drew? Obviously backing Drew but Roman always winning this. Drew made to look hard as f**k though I think they might put him against Rollins at some point. That's be great. They need to change Reigns though, this goodwill will last a Month or two at best if it's the same old routine.

Loved the Elias band and Cena was at his absolute best on the mic here, surely the best reaction he's had for years?! Think it's a one off though.

HHH entrence comically out of fashion and looking like a PS1 shelf filler. Comedy stuff. The nose spot looked gruesome but I think it was made to look worse than it was despite the blood. Popped for it though! Was expecting antics from HBK and delighted there were none, nice but predictable for Flair helping his buddy. The sledgehammer shot was ridiculous but it's wrestling. Good stuff.

Angle match was solid enough, nothing wrong with it just not the huge Mania match everyone wants. Short and sweet. What a guy, glad he got his moment to say thank you.

Completely skipped Balor Lashley to the finish.

Main event? Great stuff for the women but I hate the contraversial finish at Mania. It should be decisive. I get it, they want to go back to it later at some point but it marred the win and it didn't give Becky her huge pop moment. The helicopter stuff was amusingly bad.

Kofi has no tits!

Archived