WrestleMania 35

JamieStevenson

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taker doing that would serve absolutely no purpose. It's pretty clear he's doing nothing but the big Saudi paydays from now on anyways.

And the Cena match would have expectations from a lot of people, which instantly makes it a bad idea. Because it would never meet said expectations.

I'd be interested to see the logistics of doing it over two nights. Certainly if it were doable, they should be doing that. Six hours cut down to two three hours would be superb. Or even two four hours to give more stuff room to breathe. Four hour Manias weren't a problem for me at all.

Four hour Manias are fine. 17 is 3 hours 45.

Talking of 17, I'm watching it now and just seem some cheeky lad in an Aberdeen top hold up a sign saying 'Fanny Batter';

20190324_215004.thumb.jpg.d0c973373a167db286eb983f598d70cf.jpg

That match is a bit gash.

I'm at the Gimmick Battle Royale. Entrances take longer than the match. Tugboat just came out. I think it would have been much better had he come out as The Shockmaster instead.

Two nights would be an interesting development, and allow them to tell some pretty interesting stories, while letting absolutely everyone participate.  Could even have cliffhanger moments starting on the first night that run into the second.  Like, for example, if WM30 was over two nights, you could have Bryan/HHH main event the first night, go exactly how it did, and leave it as a big open question as to what state Bryan will be in going into the main event of night 2.  Shit example, but still.

WM weekends might be a problem though with the Hall of Fame.  They already have three nights pretty well mapped out, five if you count RAW and Smackdown.  But I guess at that stage, is there really a big problem with adding a sixth?  Week of Wrestlemania?  Or do you move the Hall of Fame out to close the whole shebang on the Wednesday night, NXT Friday, WM Part 1 on Saturday, WM Part 2 on Sunday, rolling into RAW and Smackdown.

Very interesting that they've acted this early.  I expected we'd be made to wait until all the matches were done, and hearing the music before we knew for sure.  Was starting to look like they might cool off on the idea given the way they've driven a good thing into the ground somewhat, but the three of them have the potential to put together something amazing.  They'll never have a better chance to put the women centre-stage, give them the spotlight, and have them really deliver.

They'll be taking some pride at having this as the main event so announcing it makes sense from that viewpoint. Even given the damage they've done to the rivalry, they still don't have a bigger match so it's still a pretty easy sell.

12 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

They'll be taking some pride at having this as the main event so announcing it makes sense from that viewpoint. Even given the damage they've done to the rivalry, they still don't have a bigger match so it's still a pretty easy sell.

Yeah, we can't pretend this is anything other than WWE waving their big progressive erection around for everyone to marvel at.  No matter how right the decision is, that reason is at the core of what they're doing.

I'm starting to feel that being the main event doesn't necessarily mean an awful lot these days. Given the length of the shows they put on now most are absolutely exhausted by the time it gets to the main event. I know on the night of WrestleMania about 4/5 hours in I'll probably just be crying out for the show to end. Your biggest match likely will come across better earlier in the show so that the fans give it the proper attention it deserves. But then again of course you do need to close with one of the big matches otherwise people won't stick around.

3 hours ago, forameus said:

Two nights would be an interesting development, and allow them to tell some pretty interesting stories, while letting absolutely everyone participate.  Could even have cliffhanger moments starting on the first night that run into the second.  Like, for example, if WM30 was over two nights, you could have Bryan/HHH main event the first night, go exactly how it did, and leave it as a big open question as to what state Bryan will be in going into the main event of night 2.  Shit example, but still.

WM weekends might be a problem though with the Hall of Fame.  They already have three nights pretty well mapped out, five if you count RAW and Smackdown.  But I guess at that stage, is there really a big problem with adding a sixth?  Week of Wrestlemania?  Or do you move the Hall of Fame out to close the whole shebang on the Wednesday night, NXT Friday, WM Part 1 on Saturday, WM Part 2 on Sunday, rolling into RAW and Smackdown.

Spreading it over 2 nights would be great. It means you could have loads of decent matches instead of the really quick shite ones that are squeezed in, and it would allow a proper build to feuds. You also wouldn't get as many folk left off the card who deserve to be on it.

The idea of a cliffhanger from night 1 is quality as well.

26 minutes ago, forameus said:

Yeah, we can't pretend this is anything other than WWE waving their big progressive erection around for everyone to marvel at.  No matter how right the decision is, that reason is at the core of what they're doing.

It definitely started as that, but that feud is easily the hottest now and features to most over star they have and so totally deserves to be the main event.

Archived