WrestleMania 35

JamieStevenson

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think last year, with the pre-show, was 7.

Re the Angle/Corbin nonsense; Angle is fucked and can barely wrestle, so bringing someone in would be a waste of that person. Still though, they could surely do better than Corbin, who is absolutely dreadful.

11 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

Rumours suggesting WrestleMania will be 8 hours long. That's torture, nobody needs that much wrestling.

Is it really that much of a stretch to reach that runtime these days?  The pre-show takes up two (punishing) hours, and the main show has run beyond 5 for a few years.  The real worry would be that if there's a rumour it'll be 8 hours, that suggests that there's a plan for it to be 8 hours.  If there's a plan for it to be 8 hours, then it could be even longer once you hit matches that run long.  

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I think last year, with the pre-show, was 7.

Re the Angle/Corbin nonsense; Angle is fucked and can barely wrestle, so bringing someone in would be a waste of that person. Still though, they could surely do better than Corbin, who is absolutely dreadful.

Can only assume they want him to go out on a high by beating a comedy heel jobber.  Even if he can't still go, surely you can book a match that gets around that with the right people involved?  

It doesn't matter who Angle faces. It'll be shit. Corbin is perfect because his role means a loss isn't that big a deal. Anyone else and it'd be a shit match with no upside because an Angle win would be a disgrace. 

I honestly don't know what people are expecting here. 

EDIT: Reasonable card for this so far. Six hours main show is always horrible though. Think I'll watch the first half live and then the rest the morning after.

1 hour ago, Principal Flutie said:

EDIT: Reasonable card for this so far. Six hours main show is always horrible though. Think I'll watch the first half live and then the rest the morning after.

Think you're spot on with this. The first half of Mania cards tend to be superior to the second half anyway.

If the second half has Kofi and Lynch winning and Batista - Triple H having a snooze fest then I don’t think anyone there really suffers from a tired crowd as they’ll go wild for the title wins and it’s hardly like Batista or HHH need a boost.

On 3/20/2019 at 12:09, NotThePars said:

If the second half has Kofi and Lynch winning and Batista - Triple H having a snooze fest then I don’t think anyone there really suffers from a tired crowd as they’ll go wild for the title wins and it’s hardly like Batista or HHH need a boost.

One of those loses out, and you can be sure it isnae Large Dave and the H.  I think they'll either go with the women main-eventing, or they'll lose their minds and have Brock/Rollins.  I could see the latter if they're planning on having some big Shield love-in as the final image, and I could very much see it given how they've booked the main event in previous years.  

However, if they sensibly go with either of the former two, I'll at least have interest going into the final stretch.  Last few years it's been "oh f**k, Roman's still to come"

3 minutes ago, forameus said:

One of those loses out, and you can be sure it isnae Large Dave and the H.  I think they'll either go with the women main-eventing, or they'll lose their minds and have Brock/Rollins.  I could see the latter if they're planning on having some big Shield love-in as the final image, and I could very much see it given how they've booked the main event in previous years.  

However, if they sensibly go with either of the former two, I'll at least have interest going into the final stretch.  Last few years it's been "oh f**k, Roman's still to come"

I think it's either the women or Kofi - Bryan headlining (most likely the former) cause I really don't know if Rollins is gonna win now that Roman's back.

2 hours ago, NotThePars said:

I think it's either the women or Kofi - Bryan headlining (most likely the former) cause I really don't know if Rollins is gonna win now that Roman's back.

I still think Rollins wins. They’re already selling “beast-slayer” shirts etc, can easily transition into a feud with him, Reigns and possiblly McIntyre after Mania. 

Brock will show up on SmackDown in October and win the WWE title IMO.

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

They'll do a remake of the Mania 9 ending, with Brock cheating to beat Rollins and then Rollins waving Reigns to go ahead, who will beat Lesnar in 30 seconds.

This is something I thought about earlier, and they've definitely got the mindset to do it.

Guest bernardblack

I’m really not interested in seeing Angle wrestle.

He’s been on raw every week, but apart from that he looks terrible. Worried he will keel over at any point

Yeah the interest for Angle is gone as he's stinking out the place wrestling a week to week basis. I'm not convinced that's entirely his fault though as I think the guys he's been facing will 100% have requested those matches knowing this is their final chance to do so.

After all the years of Angle carrying talent to great matches he just needed someone that could return the favour in his last hurrah. Sadly he's been given Corbin (who is great in what he does) but we've already seen they don't go well together. The match that Angle had with Drew McIntyre a couple of months ago would have been the perfect retirement match imo.

Feels like picking a heel for Angle to get a win against on the way out should work well. Corbin will have genuine heat for the match which not many other guys on the card will be able to match. Not every retirement can be flair vs michaels

1 hour ago, SamuraiJock said:

Feels like picking a heel for Angle to get a win against on the way out should work well. Corbin will have genuine heat for the match which not many other guys on the card will be able to match. Not every retirement can be flair vs michaels

Does Corbin have that much heat? Feels like most folk can't be arsed with him.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

It'll be awful, but Taker puts Corbin out of the match and 'retires' Angle in a 5 minute match?

Ugh. I hope not but have to admit I'd pop for it. But then where would that leave Taker? And why would he be the one to retire Angle? Unless Kurt pours milk on Taker's bike again.

Archived