Forfar vs Raith Rovers

Going by our highlights we had more than enough chances to win the game but we are hugely wasteful from good attacking positions. Add that to our frankly laughable attempts to defend any attack at pace and you can see why we struggle. This is a recurring theme for us, more so in away fixtures.

Then there’s the general look of players going through the motions and hoping the season ends soon. Probably a similar mindset to the majority of our fans. All we have to look forward to is the inevitable Play-off Semi-final defeat.

Answers on a postcard as to how you get that team through the play-offs?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Answers on a postcard as to how you get that team through the play-offs?

Stop trying to win games away from home is about all I can come up with. Shitfest it, pack the midfield and hope Nisbet comes up with something from nothing at the other end.

As it stands we’d be at home to Forfar in the play-off first leg. A lot of pressure on us to win that, as you know it’s really just a case of how many in the away leg. May as well start practicing for the away leg now.

11 minutes ago, Paco said:

Stop trying to win games away from home is about all I can come up with. Shitfest it, pack the midfield and hope Nisbet comes up with something from nothing at the other end.

As it stands we’d be at home to Forfar in the play-off first leg. A lot of pressure on us to win that, as you know it’s really just a case of how many in the away leg. May as well start practicing for the away leg now.

just watched McGlynn’s interview and it looks like me and him think along the same lines on our prospects for this season. You can’t polish a turd.

Personally, I don’t think we’re even good enough to shitfest it away from home. Our strengths are going forward, but we’re not clinical enough. We need about 10 shots before we score. Still, it’s a suggestion. Might as well try something along those lines and see if it works. We have the likes of Gillespie, Wedderburn and Matthews who can all play defensive midfield.

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

just watched McGlynn’s interview and it looks like me and him think along the same lines on our prospects for this season. You can’t polish a turd.

Personally, I don’t think we’re even good enough to shitfest it away from home. Our strengths are going forward, but we’re not clinical enough. We need about 10 shots before we score. Still, it’s a suggestion. Might as well try something along those lines and see if it works. We have the likes of Gillespie, Wedderburn and Matthews who can all play defensive midfield.

That would mean starting without Barjonas.

Archived