Forfar vs Raith Rovers

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Havent seen the stats but we seemed to have a decent amount of the ball and had some shots in decent areas. We weren't great but I've seen us worse. 

That said, it's hard not to look at that team and think they are absolutely fucking shite. I don't know what it is, but they just look absolutely devoid of idea in any area of the park. The defence is a disaster, but the midfield must take special mention too. Wedderburn had a spell before being subbed where he was just completely awful, everything he touched fell apart. 

Forfar worked incredibly hard, especially after going to 1-1 and we had no answer. 

The Mcglynn thing hasn't worked this season, and it's becoming harder to back him. I personally think he should be given the summer to have a go, but understand those who feel otherwise. No idea why some seem to have so much vitriol for those that don't share their view on this though. 

We should just repeat McGlynn's interview from the last away match and the away match before that... exactly the same. He's going on that fans called for changes to the defence and he's done that but we still make the same mistakes... well John maybe there's a common link there? It's the same mistakes every week and McGlynn is the common denominator.

It's also amazing that every away game we lose we apparently were the better side and had the most chances.

Having watched McGlynn’s interview I think it’s clear what Rover’s problem is - he’s not actually watching the game. Apparently they were on top and had lots of chances. Not the game I watched, 2-1 totally flattered them and if we had taken one of the one/on-ones the score would have been much more reflective of the game.

No wonder the deluded old fool couldn’t look the interviewer in the eye.

We should just repeat McGlynn's interview from the last away match and the away match before that... exactly the same. He's going on that fans called for changes to the defence and he's done that but we still make the same mistakes... well John maybe there's a common link there? It's the same mistakes every week and McGlynn is the common denominator.

It's also amazing that every away game we lose we apparently were the better side and had the most chances.
He's pretty much saying the players we have aren't good enough without going all yogi. He really does need to stop this "I thought we were the better team" pish if we were, we would have won the game. Wasn't at the game so have no idea how it went though.

2 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

Having watched McGlynn’s interview I think it’s clear what Rover’s problem is - he’s not actually watching the game. Apparently they were on top and had lots of chances. Not the game I watched, 2-1 totally flattered them and if we had taken one of the one/on-ones the score would have been much more reflective of the game.

To be fair, we had a hell of a lot of shots in the first half in and around the box, I'd say we were probably on top at half time. Second half we were second best by a fair bit. 

Guys a tube

Also don't understand why he just slagged off the players and the team saying they're not good enough and he needs the summer and recruitment to fix it.... when they still have 7 league games and the play offs to play 🤦🏻‍♂️

Say what you want about DC last two weeks we've been beat he has said it was well deserved and praised the other team

I said a longgggg time ago I thought you would finish 3rd, have an exciting team going forward, adding Irvine and Eckersley should get you second. Most likeable Forfar team in a long time I wish you well in the play offs (If you don't pip us to the title[emoji12])

You know he's not actually playing, don't you? The players are, as others have said, simply not good enough. Tactics and team selection can't make sub standard players good ones, or play as a solid unit. That said, he is entirely culpable for the present state of our personnel because he wilfully ignored the defence in the transfer window, when everyone else could see the problem. Oh, for an Alex Brash or a prime Shaun Dennis or a Dave Narey. And a Davie McGurn. And a Colin Cameron. And a Craig Brewster etc

Archived