Forfar vs Raith Rovers

I have never seen us win at Station Park. 

A win would be nice. Either gives us a bit of breathing space vs East Fife, or in typical Rovers fashion has us building complex Excel formulas to work out the statistical probability of catching Arbroath. 

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only 3 away league wins since JM came back and 2 of those were against dreadful (at the time) Dumbarton and Stenny sides. Gayfield appears to be the only Angus ground we can win at and it’s over 10 years since our last win at Station Park.

There don’t appear to be much grounds for optimism but our first clean sheet since December in our last game gives us something to build on. However, Forfar’s front line will pose far more problems than Airdrie. 

I’d say the next couple of weeks are very important, not for any far fetched dreams of catching Arbroath but going into the play offs. I wouldn’t like to go into the play offs with 1 win from 4 against Forfar and 0 wins from 4 against East Fife. A couple of wins against them would make me feel a tad more confident for May.

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

A win would be nice. Either gives us a bit of breathing space vs East Fife, or in typical Rovers fashion has us building complex Excel formulas to work out the statistical probability of catching Arbroath. 

The only time I've seen us win there was when we played Cove under Locke in the league cup.

24 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Last time I seen us win at Station Park was when Karl Hawley was with us, over 15 years ago...

Darren Brady smashing one in from 25 yards in the last minute...

Reilly covered a lot of ground and made good passes when he came on at Brechin so I wonder if JW will give him a start. Think he'll probably stick with Irvine, for physical presence at least. Just hope Forfar don't sit back like last week. 

9 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Long may that continue, however, I don't remember seeing the Loons win when I'm at hospitality and I'm there this week. Something has to give.....

Darren Brady smashing one in from 25 yards in the last minute...
f**k I'd forgot all about that day. I was with 3 Raith pals of mine from Markinch....What was worse I drove them all back, while they were pished.
Anyway, I see a draw. With Baird getting the winner.[emoji6]

Guest bernardblack
Match off if this continues, whats it like in Fifeshire?

Was about to ask about the game. Doesn’t look promising

Archived