24 Hours in Police Custody

Adam

17 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

I'm not the greatest fan of the police in a lot of instances, but my heart goes out to the officers that have to deal with and investigate this sort of stuff on a daily basis.

Agreed, must be incredibly difficult to keep a level-head with this sort of case.  

When the guy was being a smart arse at the end with wanting somebody to help him into the car etc while showing absolutely no remorse I don't think I'd have the restraint not to tip him out the wheelchair and on to the kerb. 

1 hour ago, Duffy_ said:

Agreed, must be incredibly difficult to keep a level-head with this sort of case.  

When the guy was being a smart arse at the end with wanting somebody to help him into the car etc while showing absolutely no remorse I don't think I'd have the restraint not to tip him out the wheelchair and on to the kerb. 

Loved it when the guy wheeling him into the lift just battered over the gap and he yowled in pain. 

9 hours ago, Hard Graft said:

How the mother did not get jail time is unbelievable. 

Must be so frustrating trying to get a case past the CPS. Perhaps those making the decision need to come to the front line and see what is happening.

Hope that b*****d suffers on a daily basis in jail.

I think the idea is that they remain apart from the investigation and consider the evidence and prosecution chances.

He got jailed on 14 Jan last year and 11 days later that horrible wee cow has photos on social media with her new man and has had another kid - which hopefully has been taken off her.

Hopefully the sentences will be appealed like wee Arthur's murderers. She should have got at least 5 years and he should have got a minimum of 30.

Edited by FuzzyBear

At the start I thought he simply had an uncontrollable temper,  then he showed how manipulative he was, so it looks like he learnt early on to use rage as a tool to get what he wanted and didn't see controlling a baby as anything different. I'm curious if the suspects on that show have to give permission for the police footage to be broadcast, I could see him giving it. It will have been quite the watch for his fellow prisoners tonight.

Edited by welshbairn

Gave him a slight benefit of the doubt at first,  wouldn't be the first time the obvious suspect wasn't the perpetrator,  thoughts when they first showed footage of him going mental outside were that just cos he has a temper doesn't make him a baby killer.   Then the dots joined together. 

His face when he realized during interview that he'd just described to police openly his manipulative behavior and that was not normal way to have relationships was fantastic.

I suspect he had got away with it for so long he had thought his behavior wasn't that bad.  In his head what he was doing to his family was little different to others telling there partner they were just going to have one more pint before coming home.  Dragging children round the house not much different to firmly placing them on the naughty step,  

I beg your fucking pardon?! I think he had already recited in his head what he was going to say when he was arrested, try to add some shock and horror to the thought that anyone would consider him to have laid a finger on the baby.

Although I do wonder what his own upbringing was like? Was that the norm when he was growing up? I seem to recall hearing him say that his mother was dead, was he used to seeing her getting regular beatings, or receiving them himself? Whatever the case, it’s a terribly sorry story, and my heart goes out to Baby Teddie.

I beg your fucking pardon?! I think he had already recited in his head what he was going to say when he was arrested, try to add some shock and horror to the thought that anyone would consider him to have laid a finger on the baby.

Although I do wonder what his own upbringing was like? Was that the norm when he was growing up? I seem to recall hearing him say that his mother was dead, was he used to seeing her getting regular beatings, or receiving them himself? Whatever the case, it’s a terribly sorry story, and my heart goes out to Baby Teddie.

You can almost guarantee that he experienced a pretty similar childhood. That kind of utter monster doesn’t come from a nurturing home where both parents demonstrate appropriate boundaries and affection.

Firmly believe that such behavior doesn't come out the blue.  Something(or probably many) things go wrong that create people who do evil things.

Its a tough position to take but I have a very very small amount of sympathy for most criminals. They have done horrible things,  but IMO it takes a bit of arrogance to say you they are inherently evil and that nobody in 'normal' society would be similarly fucked up if we'd had lived the same life.

We all have responsibility for our own behavior ,  but that's shaped from very young which none of us have control over. 

Not to try and excuse his behaviour in any way but just in response to some above saying the behaviour doesn’t come out of nowhere/up brining etc. - Would him getting that woman to make sure he understood the questions during the interview not indicate he might be a bit ‘slow’? (trying to put it nicely), which could be another reason as to why he was like that?

But anyway two absolute pieces of shit, glad that the van didn’t kill him and hopefully he takes many a scheme bootings during his time in prison.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

Jesus fucking Christ 

Edit now I've finished, the mother doesn't seem to have shown much remorse for her role. 

I'm glad he survived the suicide attempt as he deserves to be in jail but whether he'll ever feel sorrow or remorse seems highly unlikely.

That poor child and the children too. Also the man who was Teddie's father, I assume he would have to come to terms that he hadn't been told he was and then learn he indeed was and the baby was murdered. 

We're very quick to ask where were social services etc but these shows only highlight the kids who's outcome is the worst. I'm sure there are many many families whom they help. It's a thankless task.

The male detective who was clearly welled up reading the medical reports also shows that cops aren't robots.

Edited by RH33

• 3 weeks later...

I watch this show through the steaming app Brit Box so I'm a little behind, they just added the 9th series which according to Wikipedia aired in 2020.

The two part opening episodes are about two weed dealers killing their "mate" in the woods. Had to laugh when the fairly hardy looking boy, Ashley, was talking about how the indie band looking boy, Jordan, was a major player and he feared for his life because of him. I'd imagine both of them being eaten alive if they were dealing anywhere other than the leafy suburbs.

It's also strange, living in a country where weed is legal, to think people are making serious money selling it in the UK. 

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

Aye, its from 2021

The epsiode shown tonight “Two Wrongs” was a brand new episode I believe. 

Anyway, it’s a joke the two lads escaped jail because their injuries would make it difficult for them. I’m sure there’s a few people on here who would’ve done the exact same as the victim.