24 Hours in Police Custody

Adam

On 28/09/2021 at 19:48, Billy Jean King said:

Way more to all of that than meets the eye especially given the victims family business was also an industry fuelled by illegal / trafficked workers.

Thought the dad was a slightly odd character who was maybe a bit quick to stress how much money his nail salon generated. 

Quite enjoyed the latest episode with the lads going at each other with hammers, guns, boiling oil etc and the police rolling their eyes when being asked to believe it was all a disagreement over some chicken.

Felt it was a much better episode last night, gone back to the premise of previous seasons’ episodes.

Mental how this guy Carson has managed to get away with this for so long, and how these boys continually popped up on the Police radar and no one thought to ask if there were any underlying issues.

Yeah you'd have to say that there's a failure in safeguarding there, not just from the police but from other agencies.  It's similar to the Rotherham grooming case - people just write these kids off as tearaways, uncontrollable etc but there's actually so much more going on.

Clearly Carson Grimes has been done for it, otherwise they wouldn't be showing his face.  What a fucking reptile though, he sat happily giving 'no comment' to allegations he raped a load of children but when they said he took drugs he got irate and denied it.  Not sure that's the big issue here Carson.  I've got a few questions for the jury in the trial he previously had though - they found rohypnol in the glass he gave to someone, then found Grimes DNA inside the guys arsehole and found him not guilty.  What the f**k.

Edited by ICTChris

On 28/09/2021 at 12:41, scottsdad said:

Very strange episode. Why attack that particular family with that level of brutality and hop on a plane hours later? How was that dad driving around in a new car with a new house, all expensive looking and able to raise a reward, whilst working in a nail bar?

And finally - no sentence shown at the end. I like to know the score at the end. 

11 years in the end

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-58915375

That two-parter was brutal. Not only seeing the insidious way that this guy manipulated his victims, but also manipulated the system to get away with it for so long. 

What this one really, really showed was the lasting damage that predators like him did. Basically ruined the lives of at least 10 young people with most going on to a life of crime after being fed drink, drugs, money and sexually abused by this guy. 

Life with a minimum of 22 years - but of a result, with possibly more to come. Just a shame that it took from the mid-80s to now to get him.

Very, very interesting one yesterday. Focusing not only on the main criminal but his parents who, in a panic, helped him "escape". 

I felt very sorry for the boy's dad. He seemed utterly broken when he found out his son had killed somebody. The mum, a bit less so, determined to defend her good son. She only broke when she found out he'd been caught. 

56 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Very, very interesting one yesterday. Focusing not only on the main criminal but his parents who, in a panic, helped him "escape". 

I felt very sorry for the boy's dad. He seemed utterly broken when he found out his son had killed somebody. The mum, a bit less so, determined to defend her good son. She only broke when she found out he'd been caught. 

"Self Defence"

I just finished watching the most recent episode. 

I thought there was a stark contrast in the dignity demonstrated by the mother of the murderer and the mother of the victim. The former, unfortunately, came across terribly throughout. 

I don't think auntie Brenda has a future in acting after her performance, either. 

I just finished watching the most recent episode. 
I thought there was a stark contrast in the dignity demonstrated by the mother of the murderer and the mother of the victim. The former, unfortunately, came across terribly throughout. 
I don't think auntie Brenda has a future in acting after her performance, either. 

I was laughing my head off at that part. “Oh it’s Robert! That’s my nephew!” No shit Sherlock.

In the first case the female was just about to either confess or drop her boyfriend in it when the solicitor reminder her not to say anything. She, the solicitor,  must have been so proud to have went home that night knowing she has protected an absolute piece of scum from justice.

In the second case 3 years is an absolute joke although no doubt he will have had a few sore faces while in prison.

3 hours ago, Elric said:

In the first case the female was just about to either confess or drop her boyfriend in it when the solicitor reminder her not to say anything. She, the solicitor,  must have been so proud to have went home that night knowing she has protected an absolute piece of scum from justice.

In the second case 3 years is an absolute joke although no doubt he will have had a few sore faces while in prison.

I understand your emotions but I'm not sure you're  getting what a solicitor representing a client is expected to do.