24 Hours in Police Custody

Adam

On 3/28/2019 at 08:33, highlandcowden said:

not on topic but id recommend the bbc4 3 parter showing this week "the Yorkshire ripper files", last episode on tonight(Thursday 28.3) but available on iplayer im sure

Remarkable that he was 'of interest' a few times and it was only a stroke of luck that ended up nabbing him.

The ripper investigation was so vast and in a time of filing cabinets, no forensics and antiquated investigative techniques mistakes were always going to be prevalent but it was just dumb luck and a beat bobbies instinct that caught him. 

2 hours ago, LincolnHearts said:

Remarkable that he was 'of interest' a few times and it was only a stroke of luck that ended up nabbing him.

they were just drowning under sheer weight of evidence,things being cross referenced would have heightened suspicion of him but in those days of file cards stuff was missed.

its unfortunate that two separate lines of enquiry that would have led to him independently-the car tyre& £5 note inquiries-were shelved just before they bore fruit

the last 24 hours episode(the guy arrested at the airport on the back of a drugs shipment seizure) showed that sheer inefficiency wasn't just a seventies problem

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-46986199

What an absolute arse reading the link above there was a bit more to it and his wife was ul to her arse in it as well and chucked him under the bus:)

Also the heads gone moment during the sentencing.

I’ve been addressed incorrectly. Aye ok, throw out all the charges and here’s an apology into the bargain because the polis called you doctor instead of mr ya fuckin fanny. 

Well he was a smug p***k! Clearly thought he was far too smart to be caught, i liked how he thought about going no comment but couldnt hold his water! 

8 year sentence did seem pretty steep, there must have been more to the mortgage fraud especially when you consider a couple of weeks ago the guy got 18 months for 53000 indecent images of children 

• 2 months later...

Next series  to involve a n ex PE teacher ay the local  Catholic School who has joined the Priesthood        no prizes for guessing what his historical crimes are 

On 08/04/2019 at 23:35, pub car king said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-46986199

What an absolute arse reading the link above there was a bit more to it and his wife was ul to her arse in it as well and chucked him under the bus:)

Also the heads gone moment during the sentencing.

i have to say I detested  that fellas smug   holier than though attitude something thati can tell you from experience will see him being either on the numbers  (rule 43 protection)   with the  sex offenders  informers and  weak prisoners or bullied to the point of  a brealdown     the weakest man picking up fag ends  off the street will be on a pat with him  in prison         he has a long wait for a D Cat

• 3 weeks later...

I know I’m a bit late here but I’ve just seen the surgeon making the insurance claim. What a fucking fanny. He clearly thought he was far too smart to be caught out, or to ever be considered as anything other than a credible victim.

It just strikes as complete and utter greed to make that kind of claim from the insurance when you have all that shite to flog for a decent sum of cash. Although I dare say he’d have a hard time trying to convince his family to get rid of the antiques, along with being presumably embarrassed at being in his financial position.

I also feel sorry for his wife, as it appears she had nothing to do with it. They’ll now be missing his substantial salary, and 4 years’ worth of solicitor’s fees won’t have helped their money troubles either.

8 years seems steep, but I’d say he deserves every minute of that purely for that display of sheer arrogance.

“I’ve been inaccurately addressed.” Fucking loser.

20 hours ago, smpar said:

He clearly thought he was far too smart to be caught out, or to ever be considered as anything other than a credible victim.

that's pretty much it in a nutshell

me clever surgeon you stupid copper.oh

I actually shouted "you fucking dancer" when I saw the sentence at the end

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/03/2019 at 07:39, Adam said:

Anyone else a fan?

The wife absolutely loves this show. I go to bed and she's watching it and all I hear is  "that's awful", "the fucker!", "oh, the b*****d". She maintains she's not talking about me!

• 1 year later...