Arbroath vs East Fife

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Read the club going on about this bur let's be honest whoever was slagging him wouldn't have even realised he used to play for us and also wouldn't have realised that he could be out for that long... old guys in the stand supposedly who would've just seen the EF number 6 get hurt after trying to half Bobby....

I for one had no idea who he was. and if he did injure himself trying to halve Bobby that's his tough luck.  Quiet a few players trying to injure our players have in fact injured themselves lately. 

Deserved and much needed win yesterday we played quiet well and with Donnelly at last showing some form in the 2nd half he gets subbed ha-ha maybe DC just want him to play shite to confuse the opposition....anyway a very welcome 3 points.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A deserved win for the league leaders! We huffed and puffed and created very little! I'm hoping now we're back to one game a week we can settle down, secure our play off spot and gain some confidence.

Arbroath have deservedly won the league and I wish them all the best next season. 🥃

Who knows....you may be joining us next season

I for one had no idea who he was. and if he did injure himself trying to halve Bobby that's his tough luck.  Quiet a few players trying to injure our players have in fact injured themselves lately. 
Deserved and much needed win yesterday we played quiet well and with Donnelly at last showing some form in the 2nd half he gets subbed ha-ha maybe DC just want him to play shite to confuse the opposition....anyway a very welcome 3 points.

Fouled Bobby and hurt himself, just like Benedictus from Raith and Gallagher from Airdrie, they didn't get any sympathy....

Would've been nothing personal against Watson, nobody would've known he was badly hurt at the time or that he was an ex player. Some people get far too angry at the football but that's just par for the course, hope Watsons injury isn't too serious and he gets back playing ASAP

Well done to Arbroath, deserved the win yesterday and good luck in the Championship [emoji1319]
First half I thought EF were giving as good as they got but the second half was all about Arbroath. Their No.6 in the middle stood out for me and Bobby Linn had Dunsy in knots! I stood in amongst the majority of the home support on the half way line terracing with my son and his pal and had some good banter with the home fans in the first half, unlike the Forfar fans a couple of weeks ago.
Only consolation was that the lino lickers got beat as well [emoji23]

Very good performances all over from us yesterday. Jamieson is the best goalie we’ve had in ages, hopefully Donnelly takes some heart from that display and McKenna was brilliant. Playing Swankie up front was a great call from DC. Oh aye and Whatley was very good too.

Was working, missed the game, great result, just seen Youngs interview after the game, what a miserable, greetin face wee so and so he is

Match highlights

My take on the game, didn't think there was too much in the first half with East Fife starting better & Arbroath finishing on top but I thought Arbroath edged the 2nd half & deserved their win. For the two "penalty" claims, the ball does hit Slattery's arm but it's flat against his chest & I don't think there's enough contact for the East Fife one at the end so, for me, correct decision for both...although there have been examples of both being given this season... The incident I think Darren's referring to is O'Brien pulling back Dowds which, for me having now seen it from both sides of the park, is a clear foul.

Match highlights
My take on the game, didn't think there was too much in the first half with East Fife starting better & Arbroath finishing on top but I thought Arbroath edged the 2nd half & deserved their win. For the two "penalty" claims, the ball does hit Slattery's arm but it's flat against his chest & I don't think there's enough contact for the East Fife one at the end so, for me, correct decision for both...although there have been examples of both being given this season... The incident I think Darren's referring to is O'Brien pulling back Dowds which, for me having now seen it from both sides of the park, is a clear foul.

Great highlights package as always

Good highlights, would've been good to see Golds chance back in the 1st half looked a sitter. Never ever a pen at the end that looked like a bit of a dive tbh. ToB probably should've gave a foul away but wee bit outside the box. Cold watching that [emoji23]

so lads before i leave for foreign shores one last rant. yes we won yesterday but can anybody explain to me why donnely starts before wallace or doris.has there been a fall out with the management with these players doris started last week against stenny played ok hit the bar and donnely was utter shit.so yesterday dc decides that its donnely and swanks upfront and f**k me how bad was donnely first half.wallace and doris looked utterly pissed of and did u notice that pongo apart from half time pongo never once came out to warm up.so to me at the moment we will lose to quality players in wallace and doris next season somebody explain or is it just me

5 minutes ago, Big lichtie said:

so lads before i leave for foreign shores one last rant. yes we won yesterday but can anybody explain to me why donnely starts before wallace or doris.has there been a fall out with the management with these players doris started last week against stenny played ok hit the bar and donnely was utter shit.so yesterday dc decides that its donnely and swanks upfront and f**k me how bad was donnely first half.wallace and doris looked utterly pissed of and did u notice that pongo apart from half time pongo never once came out to warm up.so to me at the moment we will lose to quality players in wallace and doris next season somebody explain or is it just me

The reason for it all is because that is what DC wants and seeing as he is the manager that's how it is. Enjoy yer wee jaunt and hope you come back a bit more chilled :)

The reason for it all is because that is what DC wants and seeing as he is the manager that's how it is. Enjoy yer wee jaunt and hope you come back a bit more chilled [emoji4]

This

We won and played well couldn't care less

If we lose players we lose players

Other players will come in to replace them and the world will keep turning

Campbell has done a great job and next season I'm pretty sure he won't be very keen on getting pumped every week so I'm sure he'll do his best to replace whoever we lose with similar or better quality

11 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Read the club going on about this bur let's be honest whoever was slagging him wouldn't have even realised he used to play for us and also wouldn't have realised that he could be out for that long... old guys in the stand supposedly who would've just seen the EF number 6 get hurt after trying to half Bobby....

Going to have to agree to disagree here.

Just think that abusing someone getting stretchered off is the behaviour of absolute pondlife,,,

so we pay a fee for spence and donnely then and lose two better player yea right great business think it was you that started the saying donnelly a drunk giraffe

Aye it was after he had a bad game, but he played well yesterday and we won so I don't see the point in greeting over it

Time will tell and DC will be judged on his decisions in the future

Was he stretchered off?

I saw the Arbroath stewards going up the tunnel and coming back with a stretcher for him.
Gutted for the lad as he has been having a good season and that was his first start since coming back from an earlier injury that had kept him out for a few games.

Archived