Arbroath vs East Fife

I saw the Arbroath stewards going up the tunnel and coming back with a stretcher for him.
Gutted for the lad as he has been having a good season and that was his first start since coming back from an earlier injury that had kept him out for a few games.

Great lad when he was with us, terrible to see him suffer that treatment from a select few in the stands.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Match highlights
My take on the game, didn't think there was too much in the first half with East Fife starting better & Arbroath finishing on top but I thought Arbroath edged the 2nd half & deserved their win. For the two "penalty" claims, the ball does hit Slattery's arm but it's flat against his chest & I don't think there's enough contact for the East Fife one at the end so, for me, correct decision for both...although there have been examples of both being given this season... The incident I think Darren's referring to is O'Brien pulling back Dowds which, for me having now seen it from both sides of the park, is a clear foul.

Watching live from the other half I was terrified that TOBs challenge on 88 minutes was a foul and maybe a red card for being the last man. On replay it doesn’t look much better but luckily the man never went down. A foul would have been fair though. We got lucky - it evens out over the season... they say.

48 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

Watching live from the other half I was terrified that TOBs challenge on 88 minutes was a foul and maybe a red card for being the last man. On replay it doesn’t look much better but luckily the man never went down. A foul would have been fair though. We got lucky - it evens out over the season... they say.

I've seen some bad decisions in my many years watching football, but that one was a shocker. Normally you can understand why a ref/ assistant gets it wrong but I'm still perplexed that the free-kick wasn't given. The only positive was that it galvanised us and we nearly grabbed a draw that would have flattered us given our second half performance...

I've seen some bad decisions in my many years watching football, but that one was a shocker. Normally you can understand why a ref/ assistant gets it wrong but I'm still perplexed that the free-kick wasn't given. The only positive was that it galvanised us and we nearly grabbed a draw that would have flattered us given our second half performance...

Not quite understanding this. When after 88 minutes did you nearly grab a draw?

1 minute ago, Hammerafc said:
6 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Not quite understanding this. When after 88 minutes did you nearly grab a draw?

Because after struggling for most of the second period we finally got Arbroath on the back foot. Unfortunately too little too late. I think we looked fatigued for much of the second-half...

Because after struggling for most of the second period we finally got Arbroath on the back foot. Unfortunately too little too late. I think we looked fatigued for much of the second-half...
OK I get you. Thought that myself that we looked sharper second half. Think we did the usual thing and got a bit tight near the end and sat a bit deep and invited pressure for the last 5 mins which also contributed to that.

so lads before i leave for foreign shores one last rant. yes we won yesterday but can anybody explain to me why donnely starts before wallace or doris.has there been a fall out with the management with these players doris started last week against stenny played ok hit the bar and donnely was utter shit.so yesterday dc decides that its donnely and swanks upfront and f**k me how bad was donnely first half.wallace and doris looked utterly pissed of and did u notice that pongo apart from half time pongo never once came out to warm up.so to me at the moment we will lose to quality players in wallace and doris next season somebody explain or is it just me
I reckon both Doris and Wallace are not 100 % and that may be why they are not starting.

6 hours ago, Smokerson said:

Not sure about Darren Young’s comments, always seems like a decent guy when I’ve heard him before. Definitely didn’t deserve a point and don’t think there were any poor calls from the officials.

You wouldn't, would you?  Must have been the only fan in the ground not to have a whinge about the officials.

5 hours ago, landerson1990 said:

Match highlights

My take on the game, didn't think there was too much in the first half with East Fife starting better & Arbroath finishing on top but I thought Arbroath edged the 2nd half & deserved their win. For the two "penalty" claims, the ball does hit Slattery's arm but it's flat against his chest & I don't think there's enough contact for the East Fife one at the end so, for me, correct decision for both...although there have been examples of both being given this season... The incident I think Darren's referring to is O'Brien pulling back Dowds which, for me having now seen it from both sides of the park, is a clear foul.

Is there any other link to the highlights? I'm abroad, and haven't been able to get the video to play at all, even though I have been able to watch the Forfar Vs Rovers game.

Is it going up on the eftv site?

Is there any other link to the highlights? I'm abroad, and haven't been able to get the video to play at all, even though I have been able to watch the Forfar Vs Rovers game.
Is it going up on the eftv site?

Sure they go on Vimeo try there

Archived