Arbroath vs East Fife

4 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

I think that puts an end to Raith winning the league now. They were starting to believe they had a little chance again during the week.

As for us, that’s the end of a ridiculous amount of games in such a short period. Playing Sat/Tue for 3 weeks straight will certainly take its toll, but we still have a healthy cushion on the chasing pack.

Raith’s title “challenge” ended the day that walloper  fan was brandishing a chair, I mean that’s a moment you realised they were broken. 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We really stepped it right from the off second half. Was it Dick’s motivational speech/hairdryer? What was encouraging was the fact the ball was passed well/on the ground a lot in the second half and that plays to our strengths. East Fife, who has had as much of the first half, didn’t have much possession or threat second half. Haven’t seen us control (well, enjoy some ascendancy) for some time.

After two defeats and a real struggle to score in recent times, this was an important performance and result. The goals were well constructed but we should have scored more, East a Fife’s came from two errors.

Craig Watson kinda had the measure of him, but I'm afraid Aaron Dunsmore, just couldn't handle him, and to show Bobby Linn the inside route 25 yds out, was only going to end in tears.

Shame on Watson going down with his knee, know he has previous so hope he’s fine. Good player and a good servant for us whilst on loan. I really rate Dunsmore but bobby had him in knots and the foul Dunsmore got booked for was quite embarrassing for him.

Craig Watson kinda had the measure of him, but I'm afraid Aaron Dunsmore, just couldn't handle him, and to show Bobby Linn the inside route 25 yds out, was only going to end in tears.

Agreed Linn was outstanding.Real disaster about Watson - was playing so well. Dunsmore much better as a wingback than a fullback.
Need to get better service to the forwards from the midfield- every ball upfront is a battle. Need to get Currie back asap.

Some characters from still game were giving Watson abuse as he sat in obvious distress with a knee problem, they were too much for one fan who told them in no uncertain terms to cut it out. I hope he makes a speedy recovery.
Mckenna had a game of 2halves,so much better in the second half.
Little(as usual) and Whatley had good 90mins and good to see Donnelly have better game(particularly 2nd half).

Some thoughts on one of my infrequent long distance visits. The back 5 were very sound. TOB was generally immense with a couple of big howlers thrown in. Ricky solid as usual. Thomson was a regular attaching threat and Hammy was class. Jamieson the best keeper we’ve had for years.

Whatley was busy and effective all game. McKenna was unbelievable in the second half. Gold was a bit out of it but always trying - he’s not a winger. Bobby the best player on the park as usual - a goal and an assist.

Swankie is class and did a good job. Donnelly was ineffective first half but very good second half and I was a bit disappointed when he came off. Wallace looked class when he came on.

Overall we played a good second half and easily deserved the win despite a nervy last 5 minutes.

We’ve got this.

The Smokies camera man took in well at half time & I believe was taken to hospital. Hope he’s ok? We’ll get Pink’s interview up when we post the EF ones. Highlights will be pretty poor quality I fear due to it being impossible to keep the lens clear. On hindsight should probably have filmed from the main stand

The Smokies camera man took in well at half time & I believe was taken to hospital. Hope he’s ok? We’ll get Pink’s interview up when we post the EF ones. Highlights will be pretty poor quality I fear due to it being impossible to keep the lens clear. On hindsight should probably have filmed from the main stand

Yea hope Neil is ok and makes a speedy recovery

Special mention to Donnelly who I thought did really well in the 2nd half. I seem to recall a certain Michael mckenna struggling to win over the fans in his earlier games, hopefully something similar happens here. 

Winning the league at home to Montrose would be lovely.

Arbroath deserved the win but who were these absolute muppets abusing Craigie Watson as he went down with an injury that could see him out for the best part of a year? 

A former Arbroath player as well...

Photographs from today https://www.flickr.com/photos/scotsman_in_hawaii/albums/72157706018880151

I echo those thoughts - Hopefully Neil is okay and has a speedy recovery.  Good guy and key member of the Lichties.

Also hope Craig Watson is okay.  Was a great player for us and wouldn't want him facing another spell on the sidelines.

IMG_8508.JPG

Arbroath deserved the win but who were these absolute muppets abusing Craigie Watson as he went down with an injury that could see him out for the best part of a year? 
A former Arbroath player as well...

Read the club going on about this bur let's be honest whoever was slagging him wouldn't have even realised he used to play for us and also wouldn't have realised that he could be out for that long... old guys in the stand supposedly who would've just seen the EF number 6 get hurt after trying to half Bobby....

Read the club going on about this bur let's be honest whoever was slagging him wouldn't have even realised he used to play for us and also wouldn't have realised that he could be out for that long... old guys in the stand supposedly who would've just seen the EF number 6 get hurt after trying to half Bobby....

Sounds like you are defending these idiots

A deserved win for the league leaders! We huffed and puffed and created very little! I'm hoping now we're back to one game a week we can settle down, secure our play off spot and gain some confidence.

Arbroath have deservedly won the league and I wish them all the best next season. 🥃

Archived