Arbroath vs East Fife

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Much better today. If we had an out and out striker on for Donnelly it could have been 4 or 5 with the amount of crosses across the goal. That said Jamieson made a couple of good saves & a couple of nervous moments in the last 5 mins

[emoji67]‍[emoji573]Puts on tin helmet. I thought Donnelly had a good second half and got a well deserved round of applause when he was subbed.

Aye he done well second half

We played some no bad stuff today, conditions meant ball was on deck alot and holding up on the park

That was a great day and result

I think that puts an end to Raith winning the league now. They were starting to believe they had a little chance again during the week.

As for us, that’s the end of a ridiculous amount of games in such a short period. Playing Sat/Tue for 3 weeks straight will certainly take its toll, but we still have a healthy cushion on the chasing pack.

McKenna back in the team and we win, coincidence? I think not. Gav Swankie also very good today.
The only thing surprising about McKenna, was how long he stayed at Berwick.
Always a player I've rated and I'm glad he'll be plying his trade at an even higher level next year.
The term "workhorse" was invented for him.
A quality lower league player.

I think that puts an end to Raith winning the league now. They were starting to believe they had a little chance again during the week.

As for us, that’s the end of a ridiculous amount of games in such a short period. Playing Sat/Tue for 3 weeks straight will certainly take its toll, but we still have a healthy cushion on the chasing pack.
I can assure you nobody thought we had any chance of winning the league before today

well a great result for my last home game of the season. but how the hell does donnelly start before wallace and doris. how many bad games does he and spence have to play to be dropped. yes swanks played ok today but has been poor the last few games but dc shifts formation to play him

well a great result for my last home game of the season. but how the hell does donnelly start before wallace and doris. how many bad games does he and spence have to play to be dropped. yes swanks played ok today but has been poor the last few games but dc shifts formation to play him
I agree that Wallace and Doris should play ahead of Donnely and Spence but the formation didn't change for Swankie. He basically swapped roles with McKenna and it worked well so credit where its due.

We played quite well today and were well deserved winners. McKenna, Swankie, Linn, Whatley all had very good games today

The only thing surprising about McKenna, was how long he stayed at Berwick.
Always a player I've rated and I'm glad he'll be plying his trade at an even higher level next year.
The term "workhorse" was invented for him.
A quality lower league player.

McKenna was immense today. Some mistakes, some wild tackles, but he was everywhere. A lower league Kante. Him and Whatley in centre midfield are not the most creative but they give us the control we need to set the forwards free. Whatley was very good too today.

I felt first half we struggled at times in a fairly even game, with Donnelly and McKenna being real weaknesses with both wasting the ball too often...... however second half Donnelly was excellent, and McKenna was absolutely outstanding..... McKenna potential man of the match based on the 2nd half alone, which considering how poor he was in the first is some achievement.

Swankie was very good up top - I've always liked him there when Dick has tried it and I think it's worked and would be happy to see him have a run up there with McKenna in the middle of the park to see how it goes for a few games. With Gav being very poor the last few weeks in the middle of the park it was the right choice to not play him there again.

We definitely benefited from East Fife's long run of games and they looked dead in the second half and allowed us to completely control the game for most of it. A massive, massive win for us and one that makes me confident again that we will win the league.

Obviously it's a very surprising, and to me quite clearly the wrong choice, to not be starting Wallace and to be giving Spence/ Donnelly permanent slots of game time despite both showing less than Doris and both being miles of Wallace. Ultimately it's clear to see that Dick is going to continue with this, and Wallace/ Doris look to be heading out the door. It gives me a lot of concerns for next season to be honest but if this does end up happening we have to look forwards not back, and look at how we could line up next year/ what tactics we'll look to enforce. Regards of who plays upfront, or anywhere else for that matter, we need to stick behind whatever team is picked and support them regardless of if we think they should be playing or not.

totally agree simon wallace and doris are so superior to spence and donnelly now when we get promoted to the championship are spence and donnely the answer if i had a choice wallace and doris everyday of the week.but as you say simon wallace doris wont be with us next season very concerning

Archived