It is a real kick in the goolies, but if you had said before the weekend that we would take 4 points from these two matches I  think we'd have been quite happy. Earlier in the season we had to score two goals to get a point, now one can be enough to win. We are on a run I never envisaged, and still it isn't enough to get off the bottom. 

Meanwhile, Airdrie appear to be doing an Alloa...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Football games last for 90  minutes.  East Fife didn't give up and deserved the draw.  Considering the injuries and changes to the team over the last few weeks, no one can complain that we didn't play to our best, rather we should commend them.  Not forgetting the weather conditions.

5 hours ago, LiamA said:

It was not two footed, he was off the ground but actually played the ball. It was a free kick & a yellow end of.

It's absolutely irrelevant if he plays the ball first when you tackle like that. He lunged from a distance back with feet off the ground.

It's a red card. The conditions probably favoured him if that's a normal evening he has to go.

Thought we were lucky to get a point. Stenhousemuir were the better team for 75% of the game. It was only the last quarter we started to put things together. However we dug in and took the chance when it came along and although the Stenhousemuir keeper let one in  I can’t remember him needing to make a save of note.

Speaking of keepers yours will have learned the lesson that if you behave like a clown when you are one up you can end up looking like a clown. He didn’t do much squawking as he walked off.

1 minute ago, CEMSFC said:

Just researched the decision there. Straight red in my opinion, no where near the ball and catches Hurst in the air for a needless challenge

Agreed!

Found another challenge on Hurst (think this is the one everyone has been mentioning). Lunging challenge with studs showing, only a yellow where a red should have been shown

Found another challenge on Hurst (think this is the one everyone has been mentioning). Lunging challenge with studs showing, only a yellow where a red should have been shown

Did you also find the assault by Munro on Dunsmore which apparently only warranted a booking as well???

15 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Did you also find the assault by Munro on Dunsmore which apparently only warranted a booking as well???

:lol:  Both went for the ball, which Munro did win. Means nothing with players overacting now a days 

26 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Assault :lol: How precious.

Dunsmore was second to that ball. Classic example of the player who went in half-heartedly coming off worse I’m afraid. Neither player did much wrong. Meggatt’s was a flying lunge.

2 minutes ago, Christophe said:

Assault :lol: How precious.

Dunsmore was second to that ball. Classic example of the player who went in half-heartedly coming off worse I’m afraid. Neither player did much wrong. Meggatt’s was a flying lunge.

Pretty much that. Munro won the ball, which went in the direction he was running. Then Dunsmore went down

33 minutes ago, CEMSFC said:

Well these highlights back up what I suspected re Meggatt's challenge on Hurst. Certainly not a red card. No studs showing, outside of the foot challenge, but the tackle made in the air, deeming it a free-kick and a potential yellow card. The foul in the build up to Stenhousemuir's opener isn't evident from the footage. Unfortunately the goalkeeper handling outside his penalty area in the first half doesn't feature so we'll need to wait for the EFTV highlights...

Thought we were lucky to get a point. Stenhousemuir were the better team for 75% of the game. It was only the last quarter we started to put things together. However we dug in and took the chance when it came along and although the Stenhousemuir keeper let one in  I can’t remember him needing to make a save of note.
Speaking of keepers yours will have learned the lesson that if you behave like a clown when you are one up you can end up looking like a clown. He didn’t do much squawking as he walked off.

Agreed- a terrible night for football.

In one regard we were lucky to score so late in the game-equally deserved draw. Stenhousemuir should survive- good team... we are getting better post injuries- Dowds substitution made a huge difference- hope he is now back!

4 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Not watched the highlights yet but isn't it weird how everyone thinks the opposition players tackle was a red and their players tackle wasn't. What are the odds?

As a neutral I didn't see anything that should have been a sending off in those highlights.

Archived