• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A deserved point in the end!!!

Thought Stennie had the majority of the first half with wind behind them but couldn't use it to their advantage, I was looking forward to seeing us use it in the 2nd half, but is there such a thing as too much wind, it seemed to increase over the break and made the game pretty much unplayable???

Anyway second half, Stennie looked set up to defend and hit on the break and it worked a treat for them although their goal looked suspiciously offside from the home end and the East Fife players seemed furious with the officials about some foul in the buildup!!!

We huffed and puffed but struggled with the conditions and the 10 man back line and I wouldn't go as far as to say we deserved to win but we definitely deserved the draw!!!

We left it late on Saturday past but leaving it till the second last touch of the ball is heart attack material, the final touch of the ball was the Stennie kick off after the goal!!!

Thought Stennie had the majority of the first half with wind behind them but couldn't use it to their advantage, I was looking forward to seeing us use it in the 2nd half, but is there such a thing as too much wind, it seemed to increase over the break and made the game pretty much unplayable???
Anyway second half, Stennie looked set up to defend and hit on the break and it worked a treat for them although their goal looked suspiciously offside from the home end and the East Fife players seemed furious with the officials about some foul in the buildup!!!
We huffed and puffed but struggled with the conditions and the 10 man back line and I wouldn't go as far as to say we deserved to win but we definitely deserved the draw!!!
We left it late on Saturday past but leaving it till the second last touch of the ball is heart attack material, the final touch of the ball was the Stennie kick off after the goal!!!

KK should the game have been allowed to be played tonight?

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Christ, that feels like a defeat. A 1-1 draw at Bayview is a very good result but to concede the equaliser in the 93rd minute feels horrendous.

Stenhousemuir must beat Stranraer on Saturday, no doubt about it!

Htf did Stenny not win that? Well on top, only one football team on the park.

It was really just bad during the showers. Winds were variable force " ooyah fucker" , to, " a tad breezy". And at times , the corner flags were limper than Theresa Mays continuation case.
It was t great, and spoilt the game, but I don't think there were any real instances where the wind played a part in a key incident.
Scottish winter football at it's worst!

We are now out of the midweek games relatively unscathed and getting our players back. That could be a massive point tonight and keeps Montrose and Dumbarton at arms length. Still a bit of work to do to make sure we get at least 4th but a 9 point cushion is pretty healthy.

As Smuggy said, I didn't think the first half was any worse than Saturday so no it shouldn't have been postponed, but the second half was some of the freakiest windy weather I've ever seen it appeared to change direction about four times so we never had the same advantage that Stennie had with it in the first half, but again as Smuggy said, there was periods in between the direction changes where it was nothing but a strong breeze!!!

Htf did Stenny not win that? Well on top, only one football team on the park.

Possibly one reason would be the obvious time wasting tactics they employed once they got their goal (their keeper was the worst culprit) thus giving the ref the excuse to play the additional time in which we deservedly scored!!!

1 hour ago, King Kebab said:

Not sure anyone had the wind "advantage", it was swirling around in about 10 different directions in the 1st half. As someone else has followed up with also, there really wasn't many moments where it affected play other than a couple of goalie kick-outs flying astray. In fact i thought it was much calmer for long periods in the 2nd half, i actually mentioned to someone we could do with it getting wild again to help us see the game out and it didn't really until the last 10 minutes...all about perspective i suppose.

Don't know where the offside chat is coming from, Greg Hurst pretty much pulled the ball back to McGuigan  from the goal line, possibly a foul in the corner before he cut in, but the EF free-kick leading up to the equaliser was a soft one so swings/roundabouts. I'm also not convinced the Warriors actually conceded the last minute corner either from our vantage point but there didn't seem to be too many complaints from maroon shirts so maybe just my angle.

Thought the Warriors played the conditions much better 1st half, right idea to move the ball up the park quickly whereas EF were trying too many cross park passes which in those conditions just gave the ball away more often than not. Absolutely gutted to not be going down the road with three points, the stats above look fairly even but i don't think Stenhousemuir ever looked in danger of conceding over 92 minutes. Munro and Marsh were imperious at the back, meanwhile there were some excellent shifts put in further up front from Duthie,  McGuigan and in particular Greg Hurst, what a fantastic football player we have signed there, absolute stand-out.  

Would have snapped 4 points off you from the last two fixtures and we continue to look a far improved team, but time is running out to make that improvement show on the league table and Stranraer at Ochilvew on saturday is now a massive, massive game.

We really should have won that. Were never in bother and let in a soft as shite goal at the end.

Positive performance though. We worked our socks off and what a difference at the back. If we had Marsh and Munro all season we would be nowhere near where we are. 

The front two are a threat I think they will do enough damage to keep us up.

Hurst went off with an injury picked up from a two footed lunge. How that's not a red is beyond me.

Not sure anyone had the wind "advantage", it was swirling around in about 10 different directions in the 1st half. As someone else has followed up with also, there really wasn't many moments where it affected play other than a couple of goalie kick-outs flying astray. In fact i thought it was much calmer for long periods in the 2nd half, i actually mentioned to someone we could do with it getting wild again to help us see the game out and it didn't really until the last 10 minutes...all about perspective i suppose.
Don't know where the offside chat is coming from, Greg Hurst pretty much pulled the ball back to McGuigan  from the goal line, possibly a foul in the corner before he cut in, but the EF free-kick leading up to the equaliser was a soft one so swings/roundabouts. I'm also not convinced the Warriors actually conceded the last minute corner either from our vantage point but there didn't seem to be too many complaints from maroon shirts so maybe just my angle.
Thought the Warriors played the conditions much better 1st half, right idea to move the ball up the park quickly whereas EF were trying too many cross park passes which in those conditions just gave the ball away more often than not. Absolutely gutted to not be going down the road with three points, the stats above look fairly even but i don't think Stenhousemuir ever looked in danger of conceding over 92 minutes. Munro and Marsh were imperious at the back, meanwhile there were some excellent shifts put in further up front from Duthie,  McGuigan and in particular Greg Hurst, what a fantastic football player we have signed there, absolute stand-out.  
Would have snapped 4 points off you from the last two fixtures and we continue to look a far improved team, but time is running out to make that improvement show on the league table and Stranraer at Ochilvew on saturday is now a massive, massive game.

I did say it only looked "suspiciously" offside from the home end not definitely offside, as when the ball is played as tightly across the park from close to the by line it is viewed at a tighter angle from diagonally opposite in the stand much like yourself doubting the corner award from the away end, but the EF players were upset about something and the linesman was getting the brunt of it!!!
I look forward to playing Stennie again sometime but in the sunshine, that would be nice and a welcome change seem to remember the conditions last time at your place were possibly worse than tonight, if we don't sneak up through the playoffs I really hope it's next season!!!

We really should have won that. Were never in bother and let in a soft as shite goal at the end.
Positive performance though. We worked our socks off and what a difference at the back. If we had Marsh and Munro all season we would be nowhere near where we are. 
Hurst went off with an injury picked up from a two footed lunge. How that's not a red is beyond me.

It was not two footed, he was off the ground but actually played the ball. It was a free kick & a yellow end of.

8 hours ago, Neilly said:

Defo a red when seen from centre stand area.

2 hours ago, LiamA said:

It was not two footed, he was off the ground but actually played the ball. It was a free kick & a yellow end of.

That's exactly where I was, directly in line with it & Meggatt took the ball but because he was off the ground it was a free kick & a booking, nothing more

1 hour ago, COG said:

Is that the same Hurst not deemed good enough for East Fife? I think a Berwick fan  quoted him as “like a fan been asked to play and inconspicuous”! 

The manager has Stenny playing good football and that allows good footballers to play.  He has given the young lad the confidence to express himself. It also helps when you have a good strike partner up with you.

Massive game Saturday.  As long as the team get a minimum play off place, they will survive league 1. 

Greg Hurst did well for East Fife when he played as a loanee from St. Johnstone and scored a few goals. Not the case that he was not good enough for EF.

With regard to the match, I agree that if I was a Warriors fan , I would feel aggrieved that my team did not pick up the 3 points. To that extent ,step forward Brett Long whose handling was superb.

Defensively I though EF were OK, in midfield only Docherty and to a lesser extent Agnew performed adequately.Up front Smith and Court just did not perform.

I thought the balance of the EF team was all wrong yesterday - there being a surplus of left - sided players.Dunsmore looked our most dangerous player going forward and at pace.However he did not see much of the ball. To get the best of him , I was surprised that Craig Watson did not make an appearance at right-back.

There is no doubt that the team is going through a bad spell at the moment and appear a bit jaded , due in some part to playing 6 games in the past 18 days.

Having said that ,the team is still going forward until and beyond the 90 minute mark and team spirit is high. Players are returning from injury but we do need Rory Currie back ASAP.

By the way Warriors fans , how good is McGuigen. 

Thought the Warriors were a bit unlucky not to take the three points but very happy we managed the last minute (second?) equaliser.

Conditions were dire and both sets of players deserve applause for managing to get through the 90 minutes.

Archived