42 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Seriously???
IMG_0675.jpg
Pretty sure that it isn't attracting that many who would otherwise watch the CL, especially if they've already paid their money up front for it, CL viewers have already paid for the game with their subscription to BT Sports!!!
Unless it they're worried that it would divert the likes of @Mon_The_Fife and other fans upon foreign shores, from being sublimely forced to nip out for a case of Heineken or sign the HP forms on a new Ford???

It's UEFA rules - you can't broadcast at the same time as European games. I dare say East Fife may well have gotten away with it anyway, but best to keep yourselves right.

Interesting that you guys are doing a live stream though, are the people involved with running that on here?  Wouldn't mind having a wee discussion about how they're doing it.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It's UEFA rules - you can't broadcast at the same time as European games. I dare say East Fife may well have gotten away with it anyway, but best to keep yourselves right.

Interesting that you guys are doing a live stream though, are the people involved with running that on here?  Wouldn't mind having a wee discussion about how they're doing it.

Why do English teams continue to flaunt this? Yet teams at our level are getting scared out of broadcasting to paying customers, it's a total nonsense. Thought this might have just been at a certain level but the EFL Trophy semi-final between Bristol Rovers and Sunderland was on Sky last tuesday during CL games.

Why do English teams continue to flaunt this? Yet teams at our level are getting scared out of broadcasting to paying customers, a total nonsense> Thought this might have just been at a certain level but the EFL Trophy semi-final between Bristol Rovers and Sunderland was on Sky last tuesday during CL games.
I think you can choose to air them and it's decided by the league overall. Everyone gets a solidarity payment if they elect not to air, and they get significantly less if you decide you want to show your games. I think...

6 minutes ago, Christophe said:

Why do English teams continue to flaunt this? Yet teams at our level are getting scared out of broadcasting to paying customers, it's a total nonsense. Thought this might have just been at a certain level but the EFL Trophy semi-final between Bristol Rovers and Sunderland was on Sky last tuesday during CL games.

3 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

I think you can choose to air them and it's decided by the league overall. Everyone gets a solidarity payment if they elect not to air, and they get significantly less if you decide you want to show your games. I think...

I wasn't aware that it worked the way Big Fifer says, but if it does then it makes sense to me - English clubs don't really need to give a f**k about solidarity payments from UEFA when they coin in ridiculous TV money each year, whereas Scottish clubs will welcome every penny they can get.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I wasn't discussing the condition of the pitch, East Fife are still responsible for getting a referee to the ground for an inspection if they think the conditions are unplayable (whether those conditions are wind, snow, sleet or warthogs on the pitch).  If there is no inspection called then East Fife are deeming the game playable, there would quite rightly be outrage from all at East Fife if they deemed a game playable only for the SPFL to phone up and say "we've checked the forecast, looks a bit windy so we'll just call this off".  Responsibility lies with the club, the power to call the game off is with the referee (whether that's a local ref called in for inspection or the dedicated match referee).

If that’s how it happens under normal circumstances fair enough but up until an hour ago EF had no need to bring in a referee. At 4.30 the game would probably have been on.  It’s now 5.30, heavy rain and the wind is getting stronger as per forecast. The game could possibly still be on but what we will get is a game which will be a pure lottery.

Apart from diehards who in their right mind is going to pay £12 or £15 for tonight’s game ?

Seriously???
IMG_0675.thumb.jpg.46244ecf84df603cefa01f19ffa8b6f9.jpg
Pretty sure that it isn't attracting that many who would otherwise watch the CL, especially if they've already paid their money up front for it, CL viewers have already paid for the game with their subscription to BT Sports!!!
Unless it they're worried that it would divert the likes of [mention=2056]Mon_The_Fife[/mention] and other fans upon foreign shores, from being sublimely forced to nip out for a case of Heineken or sign the HP forms on a new Ford???

Bit of a stinker for me and others abroad. Couldn’t really care about the Champions League and I’m certainly not going to pay for it either.

Don't think you can tell if game is on or not but the the wind is blowing From south west ie towards the main office door and the stand  is giving a bit of shelter. It will not be a case of the ball not getting out of the box at goal kicks as the wind is across the park. If the rain comes on again it will be difficult to actually face into it on the far side of the pitch which might influence the referee!!

Archived