Tuesday night sees the Warriors head to Methil in what will be the last midweek fixture for the Methil outfits. 

Going into this outcomer is a Stenhousemuir team who won on their travels against a team whos but has all reached the title a shock scoreline fae Gayfield has Colin McMeanmin side going to the Locality Hub Stadium with a bit of confidence they can win to catch brechin side who also play Stranraer on Tuesday.

Meanwhile Ef well with 2 pts from 4 matches after the cup matches and a recent victory on saturday against a Stranraer side was impressive and were looking to build from what we have with another home match vs Stenny tomorrow and also push the gap between us - Mighty Mo/AirdrieO to 11pts. Ef hoping the two midweek draws can lead to a win in midweek and with a few injuries featuring on saturday hoping another more can make it back... I say 1-0 with a Greig McDonald tapping it home via a corner and running up to the sea wall end celebrating with a bunch eh fans walking by on their way to the pie stall :rolleyes:

Every game = VITAL ; Every point = CRUCIAL with Dumbarton, Airdrie and Mo lurking below with 9-8 games left its important we focus and use the title topic as some sort of motivation as we cement one....Come on EF!!!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't see why we can't get something from this match. We're on a good run of form over the last eight weeks and I reckon we could continue it against a handy East Fife side. I thought they'd lost their way in recent weeks but that was an impressive win over Stranraer on Saturday and, of course, they've got the better of us in our last two meetings.

I would have liked to have seen us go with the same XI that defeated Arbroath at the weekend but Connor McBrearty's injury and Morgyn Neill's red card will force Colin McMenamin to change things around a little:

- McGuigan -

- Cook - Gibbons - Ferry - Halleran - Hurst -

- Donaldson - Marsh - Munro - Reid -

- Smith -

A win here, coupled with a terrible draw between Stranraer and Brechin City, would be the very thing.

Heading along to this before my nightshift! Every game is a cup final for Stenhousemuir as they battle hard to avoid relegation whilst we're not far from securing enough points to claim our play off spot so it's all to play and should be a good game. After a very impressive win and clean sheet at Gayfield Stenhousemuir will be confident of taking something from this game. Any win will do. Mon the Fife

I would think that there will be great doubt that this game will proceed with 40 plus winds forecast from early afternoon until well after the game finishes.The winds last Saturday were a mere 22 miles per hour with the resultant entertainment value NIL.

if the game does go ahead , plenty to play for , for both teams.

With the weather forecast as it is why does Scottish football insist on playing games in high winds with driving rain. 

Would it not be better to put this game off now a try again at  a later date?

A win on Tuesday will pretty much guarantee us at least 4th as I can’t see Montrose or Dumbarton winning as many as we will lose.

With all our players coming back to fitness we have got through our sticky patch with a few decent results.

Oh and FF, I look forward to watching Joel’s rendition of Sunshine on Leith this weekend.

I would think that there will be great doubt that this game will proceed with 40 plus winds forecast from early afternoon until well after the game finishes.The winds last Saturday were a mere 22 miles per hour with the resultant entertainment value NIL.
if the game does go ahead , plenty to play for , for both teams.

After watching the weekend hope the game is off. If winds are half as much as predicted will be impossible like the weekend. Oh how i miss the old days when we did not have one stand and the pitch next to the water- and constant wind even in the summer.....

What on earth is going on with the nonsense tags on this topic?:lol:

Anyway we need to be winning games like this to get the playoffs locked up and avoiding a bottling job. Having Aggy back is huge, but hopefully the rest start to trundle back too, is it just Tonks and Currie now? How did the 3-5-2 look at the weekend for anyone that was there?

Why has this not been called off ?  All weather forecasts say that there will be high winds and rain by five or six o’clock so why wait ?

Will the SPFL just ignore the forecasts in the hope that the game can go ahead in farcical conditions and just reinforce the thought that players and spectators in the lower leagues  don’t  really matter.

Is it really worth holding on for the 10% chance that the game will be played in barely acceptable conditions. 

Away to put the thermals and waterproofs on.

1 minute ago, Another The Other Chairman said:

Why has this not been called off ?  All weather forecasts say that there will be high winds and rain by five or six o’clock so why wait ?

Will the SPFL just ignore the forecasts in the hope that the game can go ahead in farcical conditions and just reinforce the thought that players and spectators in the lower leagues  don’t  really matter.

Is it really worth holding on for the 10% chance that the game will be played in barely acceptable conditions. 

Away to put the thermals and waterproofs on.

If there's any doubt over the conditions at Methil then your club need to call an inspection. The SPFL don't call pitch inspections nor do they call off matches, the refs make the decision. 

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

If there's any doubt over the conditions at Methil then your club need to call an inspection. The SPFL don't call pitch inspections nor do they call off matches, the refs make the decision. 

It has nothing to do with the state of the pitch. At this moment the pitch will be perfect. It’s the rain and wind forecast which is the issue.

Not an expert but would guess the SPFL as the governing body can make a management decision based on the forecasts.

Just now, Another The Other Chairman said:

It has nothing to do with the state of the pitch. At this moment the pitch will be perfect. It’s the rain and wind forecast which is the issue.

Not an expert but would guess the SPFL as the governing body can make a management decision based on the forecasts.

I wasn't discussing the condition of the pitch, East Fife are still responsible for getting a referee to the ground for an inspection if they think the conditions are unplayable (whether those conditions are wind, snow, sleet or warthogs on the pitch).  If there is no inspection called then East Fife are deeming the game playable, there would quite rightly be outrage from all at East Fife if they deemed a game playable only for the SPFL to phone up and say "we've checked the forecast, looks a bit windy so we'll just call this off".  Responsibility lies with the club, the power to call the game off is with the referee (whether that's a local ref called in for inspection or the dedicated match referee).

An attendance of just over 300 people for this match that will end 5 all, the wind assisting all goals! I'll give it a miss I'm afraid, an absolute lottery in those conditions! Oh well, Champs league in the comfort of my own house it is then.

A lottery will suit us. 

Looking forward to this. Anyone who choses the Champions League over watching their own team in a blood and guts game in a gale force wind is an absolute fairy.

Seriously???
IMG_0675.jpg
Pretty sure that it isn't attracting that many who would otherwise watch the CL, especially if they've already paid their money up front for it, CL viewers have already paid for the game with their subscription to BT Sports!!!
Unless it they're worried that it would divert the likes of @Mon_The_Fife and other fans upon foreign shores, from being sublimely forced to nip out for a case of Heineken or sign the HP forms on a new Ford???

Fair play to the supporters from both sides who attend tonight, (better supporter than me) I was looking forward to the game but nightshift tonight and a severe lack of sleep means I simply can't be arsed going to watch another game ruined by the wind, it's not football I'm afraid and certainly not enjoyable and a waste of cash. I'm actually surprised it's going ahead, conditions are brutal just now and it's to get worse! Fingers crossed it doesn't get abandoned at any point during the game as that would be a shame for all those who made the effort and travelled.

Archived