Wee Rangers v Big QP

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Typical of Man City to grab the headlines on a night like this.

Reaction from the players shows how much they wanted this. Top marks for getting through that. Beautifully worked and finished first goal. Hard working team effort with McLean and Moore getting silver stars. Kurtis gets the gold for driving the midfield. Same starters on Saturday please.

Spiders were by far the better side on a tough night weather wise. I wouldn’t know where to start with our performance. Harvey must go is all I can say. It’s a massive concern that many of our supporters, and many of them are die hards, appear to have accepted things and thrown the towel in.

If I was a gambler my house would go on us losing our league status. There’s not another point in this team never mind a win.

Galt and Moore back next season according to Roberts. Highly unlike us to let that sort of thing slip this early in the day. Absolutely delighted with both. I really thought Galt would be away. 

5 minutes ago, an86 said:

Galt and Moore back next season according to Roberts. Highly unlike us to let that sort of thing slip this early in the day. Absolutely delighted with both. I really thought Galt would be away. 

Fantastic news. Moore has a bright future if he keeps going the way he is. Thought Galt would be away aswell but he must be enjoying his football under Roberts. Hopefully that's a good sign 

Just watched the post match interview then headed on here in an attempt to be first with the scoop, but you beat me to it. The news that both of them will be staying is just as good as the result. A good night all round.

On the subject of post match videos, just watched the fan video on Facebook, and it has prompted me to ask, what are the fans actually chanting? I've been going to queens games for years and I've never been able to make out what it's meant to be.

It’s a bold decision Cotton...it can’t be contractually bound so it’s goodwill and trust from both the player and club. I’m pretty certain his news will have the support of the committee. Not traditional but probably a few traditions will change in the near future if our club is to prosper.

All the time Davie was away his twitter page banner was an image of him and the guys celebrating THAT goal. QP through and through.

This performance was replica of our display at Albion Rovers without the late charge for an equaliser.

Apart from Blues header which was a good finish after great work from Adamson, we mustered one attempt on target which was  a 20 yard hit from the once again hard working Barr.

Rose and Healy carry as much threat as Kelso Kenny would up against Tyson Fury.

Its the same old things we keep coming back to, Ross Brown isnt quick enough, QP midfield were strolling past him. The link up play between midfield and the strikers wasnt anywhere to be seen. Only positives for me were the skipper Bob Wilson who played well and continually tried to rally the troops. Blues, although he drifted to the left hand side too much, he's strong and more mobile than Brown through the middle and the hard working Barr.

Both goals could have been avoided and Sean could have done better for both.

QP used the wind to their advantage in the second half, something we miserably failed to do in the opening 45 mins. 

As the table stands, QP are the third worst team in this league yet streets ahead of us. We got off lightly at 1-2 last night as we were second best all over the park.

It's not just the 4 points from 45 return that worries me, it's now the performances on the pitch and the lack of chances we create. 

@ShiPi you better tell the big man to get that tie looked out. We are f***ed

10 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

On the subject of post match videos, just watched the fan video on Facebook, and it has prompted me to ask, what are the fans actually chanting? I've been going to queens games for years and I've never been able to make out what it's meant to be.

"Queen's Park" followed by "Black and white army"

17 minutes ago, List_of_Jericho said:

The whole of Lochgilphead is delighted for Kieran, getting his rewards for a lot of travelling and dedication now. Hopefully a few more goals before the end of the season and great news that he's getting another year at least.

Great stuff.

My entire maternal side of the family is from Lochgilphead; where abouts is he from?

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Great stuff.

My entire maternal side of the family is from Lochgilphead; where abouts is he from?

Ardrishaig, just a couple of miles down the road, the next village along from Lochgilphead.  He was playing with the amateur team last season which makes his progress this year all the more remarkable.

50 minutes ago, an86 said:

Last night surely now closes the book on Gow? 

Would like to think that's the end of Gow which is a shame as he showed in glimpses the class he had on the ball (most notably Berwick and Stirling), however he's not been anywhere near consistent enough and his legs aren't at the required level now 

15 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Would like to think that's the end of Gow which is a shame as he showed in glimpses the class he had on the ball (most notably Berwick and Stirling), however he's not been anywhere near consistent enough and his legs aren't at the required level now 

When you are absolutely dominating possession, he's fine. When you're not, which is most of the time, he not. Can't afford a creative player, at this level, who can't run. 

Archived