Wee Rangers v Big QP

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're on a piss poor run and have a run of games that should be less difficult on paper. We have two games against Berwick and one against Rovers in that time. I don't think four wins in the last nine would be an unreasonable aim.

We've beaten Berwick twice and we should be looking to do it again. They'll see tomorrow as a big chance, but we've shown what we can do against them. Albion Rovers will be watching with interest. 

1 hour ago, williebraveheart said:

Result more important for Berwick so I would be happy to take a point.

I wouldn't. ..but we've got a shite record down there when it comes to league games so it'll probably happen. 

I think every result is also important for Mark Roberts between now and May. He has to prove to the committee that he is the man for the job next season 

Wew, bit of an admin error on my side this time, making a duplicate thread.

The second of a triumvirate of home matches in the span of a week for Johnny Harvey's men sees Berwick Rangers take on Queen's Park at Shielfield tomorrow.

The last four matches for the Wee 'Gers yielded two points (v. Albion Rovers and Cowden) and two narrow defeats (v. Annan and Edinburgh City). A refreshing change of pace from slightly-less-recent results like 0-3's versus Elgin and Clyde, a 0-4 v. Annan, and a 0-5 v. Peterhead. Calum Adamson is quickly becoming Berwick's crowd favourite/last hope (cross out the least relevant option depending on your level of desperation) as he has scored 3 in the last four matches.

Queen's Park have tasted defeat for two games running now, losing to Edinburgh City and Annan, their last point having come a fortnight ago versus Elgin. Their last win came courtesy of Clyde's administrative staff, who have coincidentally also been named as Albion Rovers' players of the season. The Spiders sit in 8th position in the standings at the moment, 13 points ahead of Tuesday's opposition and 1 point behind Gary 'Take your face for a shite' Bollan's Cowden.

The one inch striped elephant in the room this week is the 7-1 scoreline from the last time these two teams met, at Hampden at the end of January. Berwick will be keen to exact revenge for that humiliation, whilst QP are looking for a result to pip Cowden to 8th and step up the chase for 7th (where Stirling sit at the moment).

berwick_rangers_2018-2019-1st.gifimage.png.620670c95e3656f50547f0f75528d1d4.pngimage.png.ce9970587a1ee22121aaab3fb822726d.png

21 minutes ago, spiders4ever said:

I forgot to ask the most important question.  Will the fish and chip van be at tomorrow's game?

Hopefully no raisins in the curry chips this time :barf

4 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Hopefully no raisins in the curry chips this time :barf

Never mind Clyde filling out a registration form in crayon, that's a points deduction offence right there. 

7 minutes ago, an86 said:

Never mind Clyde filling out a registration form in crayon, that's a points deduction offence right there. 

Aye , wouldn't want to poison you with anything close to a fruit, we'll hoy in some mars bars for you. 

As for the game,  if it's on, don't want revenge for the howking they gave us, a stuffy 1-0 or 2-1 with a last minute disputed penalty will do nicely

1 minute ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

This is a big storm, gonna hit from 5pm onwards and it could hinder the team buses getting down the A1. 

If it does go ahead, the wind will ruin the feast of sexy samba soccer and the crowd may dip into the low thousands. 

Seriously, this is a potentially dangerous storm and the 2 clubs should be talking to the Spfl to see if this can be put back a week. 

Archived