Hibs vs The Lanarkshire Homophobes

1 hour ago, nsr said:
1 hour ago, Green Day said:
Pretty routine victory, tbh
I was more pointing out the "pride before a fall" stupidity of the Well fans pre match
Pretty fuckin funny from where I am sitting

It obviously had you seething.

confused.png.074f67005ea68dbb913cb7e365cdebba.png

.........and "Seething" Montylaugh.png.475fdc10ef36a7467503111267057f4c.png

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought there wasn't much in it, but Hibs probably deserved the 3 points in the end.  Even if Aldred was unlucky with the penalty, Hibs could have scored another 2 or 3 in the first half, whereas we only really had that early Hastie chance and Turnbull's effort. Second half we dominated, but Hibs had taken their foot off the pedal as it was pretty apparent we weren't going to score.

There were no really substandard performances imo, but Turnbull had one of his worst games for us so far and Ariyibi came back down to earth after last week. In that situation you're relying on a striker to pull a rabbit out of a hat, neither Main, Johnson or Scott are the answer up front right now.

Gorrin or Hastie motm for me.

Disappointing result. I was late in and missed us hitting the post. We seemed to lose our shape for the build up to the penalty. Too many of our players heads went down after that. Cracking ball in for the second goal but poor marking.

The two full backs marked our wingers out the game. Horgan and the number 40 for Hibs were their best players.  The number 40 had a shocker at Fir Park in January and got hooked at half time. Controlled the midfield yesterday

The top 6 was always going to be a tough ask. Considering how well we have turned it around after the Ross County game, we have done well. Hopefully give some younger players like Scott and Brown some game time for the rest of the season. 

I thought Campbell played too far forward yesterday. He was pressing, but pressing space and Horgan, Slivka and Omeonga always seemed to pick up the ball in acres of space as Hibs passed around Campbell.

That Omeonga always seemed to have so much time on the ball. I’m not sure if it’s because he’s a really good player or our lack of closing down. Horgan had a very good game, sitter excluded. I thought we pretty much nullified Kamberi and McNulty but that’s possibly what gave the others more room.

We struggled to get Turnbull on the ball today and we made bad decisions when on the ball to. Meh

7 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Motherwell's highlights are on youtube, and don't force you to have a HibsTV account, or whatever it is that's stopping me from seeing the ones you linked.

Odd that, as I dont have a Hibs TV account either - the ones I linked are the Hibs "Freeview" ones, always available after midnight - and they are working again this morning.;)

1 hour ago, Gianfranco said:

I thought Campbell played too far forward yesterday. He was pressing, but pressing space and Horgan, Slivka and Omeonga always seemed to pick up the ball in acres of space as Hibs passed around Campbell.

That Omeonga always seemed to have so much time on the ball. I’m not sure if it’s because he’s a really good player or our lack of closing down. Horgan had a very good game, sitter excluded. I thought we pretty much nullified Kamberi and McNulty but that’s possibly what gave the others more room.

We struggled to get Turnbull on the ball today and we made bad decisions when on the ball to. Meh

Hes a cracking player - Belgian on loan from Genoa.

As  @Cossie MFC  states, his first match was at Fir Park and he was hooked at HT - however he had just arrived from Italy and really wasnt up to the pace of the Scottish game.

Since then he has been a revelation in our midfield - all action, great balance, nicks balls off other midfielders, good reader of the game - the only area he is slightly weak in seems to be shooting.

I dont think there is a chance we can sign him, but - like McNulty - its an opportunity to showcase his talent and you never know?

I was a bit disappointed in Well yesterday - massive opportunity to put pressure on for top 6. I expected a big change in the system 2nd half, and while there was an improvement in possession, chances in the top third were quite limited (which surprised us - pre match we all had the fear of our patched up defence v your young guns).

So, for us a really satisfying win but a strange result for you which really leaves you a bit in the "meh" land - you are entirely safe, have some cracking players and should win every match if you do end up bottom 6, but the flipside is that you might not be able to relegate Hamilton.

Odd that, as I dont have a Hibs TV account either - the ones I linked are the Hibs "Freeview" ones, always available after midnight - and they are working again this morning.;)

Seems to be a browser thang. I discovered that Chrome works and Firefox doesn't.

3 hours ago, Green Day said:

I was a bit disappointed in Well yesterday - massive opportunity to put pressure on for top 6. I expected a big change in the system 2nd half, and while there was an improvement in possession, chances in the top third were quite limited (which surprised us - pre match we all had the fear of our patched up defence v your young guns).

So, for us a really satisfying win but a strange result for you which really leaves you a bit in the "meh" land - you are entirely safe, have some cracking players and should win every match if you do end up bottom 6, but the flipside is that you might not be able to relegate Hamilton.

In honesty, while the club, manager and players have made all the right noises about Top 6 when it comes down to it I'm not sure it's something that matters too much. The post-match interview with the players the club put up on YouTube was essentially just a collective shrug.

It's been clear for a while that the remaining fixtures were about assessing the squad with a view to next season. In that respect the result and performance yesterday was probably as useful in highlighting our limitations as the bodying of Accies was in accentuating the positives the previous week.

but the flipside is that you might not be able to relegate Hamilton.

I'm starting to think that Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus couldn't relegate Hamilton.

57 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

It's been clear for a while that the remaining fixtures were about assessing the squad with a view to next season. In that respect the result and performance yesterday was probably as useful in highlighting our limitations as the bodying of Accies was in accentuating the positives the previous week.

Yup, if you can stop our wide men you stop most of our threat.

You just knew with people building Ariyibi up all week that he wasn’t going to live up the hype. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a fan and he’s great fun to watch when on song but folk were getting a bit carried away after the Accies game. Like most wingers, he’s had just as many games where he’s been largely ineffective as he has been excellent. Unfortunately outside one run inside the opening 30 seconds, he wasn’t up to much yesterday.

Hastie’s performance levels have dipped a wee bit(was always going to happen) since the Hearts game and while there will still flashes of quality from him yesterday in the 2nd half, Hibs dealt with him pretty well and kept him at arms length for the most part. Hibs, like most teams apart from Accies seemingly, are starting to realise if you stifle our wingers you cut much of our attacking threat off at the knees. As such we had a lot of possession yesterday in the middle of the park but it was slow, ponderous and rarely actually went anywhere.

Up front, Main had another one of his duff performances where cuts a frustrated figure and spends most of the game jumping into people. Unfortunately I don’t think Johnson, Sammon or Scott(at this moment in time) are the answer either and the lack of a decent striker will probably cost us a top six spot. As @YassinMoutaouakil said, games like yesterday where our wide men are toiling you could do with a moment of magic from your centre forward. Sadly, the only one we do have with that sort of quality looks to have been a gamble that hasn’t paid off. An area of the pitch that has to be addressed in the summer.

Still, given where we were before our last game against Hibs I’ll take where we are now. It’s some run we’ve been on and a very enjoyable past few months. While it’s not completely over, it’d take an outrageous finish from us and some collapse by Hibs for things to change now.   

Got a soft spot for Motherwell so I was quite taken aback when it turned out the majority of their fan base were disgusting bigots. 
Who are you again?

6 hours ago, Casagolda said:

Hastie’s performance levels have dipped a wee bit (was always going to happen) since the Hearts game and while there will still flashes of quality from him yesterday in the 2nd half, Hibs dealt with him pretty well and kept him at arms length for the most part. Hibs, like most teams apart from Accies seemingly, are starting to realise if you stifle our wingers you cut much of our attacking threat off at the knees. As such we had a lot of possession yesterday in the middle of the park but it was slow, ponderous and rarely actually went anywhere.

It may be cause and effect but I think this (natural) type of dip in form brings into focus why the "pre-contract with Rangers" rumour and general hype and expectation that's developed around Hastie after a handful of first team games is genuinely mental on a number of levels. 

3 hours ago, capt_oats said:

It may be cause and effect but I think this (natural) type of dip in form brings into focus why the "pre-contract with Rangers" rumour and general hype and expectation that's developed around Hastie after a handful of first team games is genuinely mental on a number of levels. 

Absolutely.

The boy hit an incredible run where he scored 4 goals in 3 games with just about all of them being absolute screamers and folk naturally bought into the hype. However, teams were always going to cotton onto him and things were always going to be more difficult when he became more of a known quantity. 

He’s obviously got a lot of ability and potential but I do feel he’s in danger of trying run before he can walk. The start he made seemed to make a lot of people, perhaps including the boy himself, believe he was ahead of where he actually was in terms of his development.

The last 4 games or so he’s looked more like the talented but still raw winger I was expecting to see come back from Alloa and I still personally think, that’s far more likely to be a reflection of where he actually is at this moment in time.

On 3/16/2019 at 18:31, Green Day said:

Pretty routine victory, tbh

I was more pointing out the "pride before a fall" stupidity of the Well fans pre match

Pretty fuckin funny from where I am sitting

You're right, my comment about Ariyibi smashing the windows of stands with his shots was indeed dripping with arrogance.

Archived