Hibs vs The Lanarkshire Homophobes

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

If he starts he's a nailed on cert to score a hat trick.

Should be about 50,000-1 against him making  a decent defensive tackle, though,

What price Turnbull and Hastie running off him about forty times in the build up to a Motherwell goal?

The 2-2 game at the start of last season was one of my favourites in recent memory, bit of everything:

37 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

What price Turnbull and Hastie running off him about forty times in the build up to a Motherwell goal?

The 2-2 game at the start of last season was one of my favourites in recent memory, bit of everything:

Yeah it was a good away day that, one of the best in recent times. Moult turned that game right on its head in the second half and we could have nicked it after being 2-0 down.

1 hour ago, thisGRAEME said:

I'm predicting a tight game held at 0-0, Hibs to bring Bigi on to create a chance, Turnbull to stroll away from him in midfield and score the winner.

1 hour ago, thisGRAEME said:

I sat next to Elliot Frear (fresh from being killed by Cedric in training) in the away end that day - he was celebrating Moult's equaliser before he hit it which suggests he'd seen it a few times in training :)

First game I'll have been to in months due to work and i'm buzzing just to see my wee team.

Also the first chance i've had to get a proper look at young Turnbull. If he's not a Iniesta/Xavi hybrid as alluded to on here there's gonna be hell to pay.

Hibs 1- 2 Motherwell

Looking forward to this and hoping we’ll see a decent travelling support. Being a resident of the bold EH6 it’s a home game for me which is nice.

We’re on a roll at the minute and look like we’re going into games with great confidence and (finally) some consistency and balance to to the starting 11. Gillespie, Aldred, Grimshaw, Gorrin, Turnbull, Ariyibi and Hastie have all been excellent in recent weeks so we should be going into this with no fear.

Hibs seem to have stabilised a bit under Heckingbottom but the little bits of them I’ve seen they’ve had to chop and change quite a bit, often mid-game, as they’re being over-run particularly in midfield but these changes seem to have largely worked (see Rangers last Friday).

McNulty has impressed and will be on a high after his international call up and Kamberi is a talented player but if our back 4 and and keeper can keep them quiet I think we have enough in midfield to take control of the game and our wide men should cause them problems. McGregor being suspended is a bonus for us too.

It’ll be tight but I’ll predict 1-2 which should set up a fairly tasty battle for the last top 6 spot.

9 hours ago, Londonwell said:

First game I'll have been to in months due to work and i'm buzzing just to see my wee team.

Also the first chance i've had to get a proper look at young Turnbull. If he's not a Iniesta/Xavi hybrid as alluded to on here there's gonna be hell to pay.

Hibs 1- 2 Motherwell

Ibrox the usual haunt?

Think we will take a decent number through for this one, which should hopefully make for a decent atmosphere in what I think could be a cracking game. 

Hibs seem to have had an up and down season, but could be finding their feet again now under Heckingbottom, while we have been great to watch, with a real goal threat in recent weeks. 

Score draw would be my prediction, looking objectively, but hoping we can edge it to keep the top six hopes alive.

2-3 'Well .

In the interest of balance and fairness, you could do the decent thing and change the first part of the thread title as well.

"HIV-ridden  junkies fae the capital" or something.

If the Well bois steal that and put it on a banner I will be seething. And ringing my solicitor.

29 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

Our fans used to regularly call Hibs fans hoors, poofs and junkies about a decade or so ago.

Sad to see.

Say what you about your rivals Hamilton Academical (only 2 stands, plastic pitch, terrible support, cockroaches who won't leave the top flight for the good of the game, their general existence is an affront to Scotland), but they know how to treat people with respect.

Archived