Hibs vs The Lanarkshire Homophobes

You just know, after so many 'Well fans hyping up Ariyibi, he'll throw in an absolute stinker on Saturday.  Typical winger.  Elliot Frear to run riot in the last half an hour, IMO.

I've got a few guys coming up from Barnsley for the game on Saturday (a few choice words may be heading in the direction of Heckingbottom...), what's the best pubs close to the ground to go for a pint after the game?  It's about a decade since I was last through at Easter Road.  Think they'll be wanting to watch England v Scotland at the rugby .

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, nsr said:

3-1 to the Mighty. David Unstoppable Turnbull x 2, Ariyibi.

16 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Ariybi to run riot. 1-3 tothe 'Well

9 minutes ago, Desp said:

Elliot Frear to run riot in the last half an hour, IMO.

Bookmark these posts............

12 minutes ago, Desp said:

You just know, after so many 'Well fans hyping up Ariyibi, he'll throw in an absolute stinker on Saturday.  Typical winger.  Elliot Frear to run riot in the last half an hour, IMO.

I've got a few guys coming up from Barnsley for the game on Saturday (a few choice words may be heading in the direction of Heckingbottom...), what's the best pubs close to the ground to go for a pint after the game?  It's about a decade since I was last through at Easter Road.  Think they'll be wanting to watch England v Scotland at the rugby .

Why?

As to pubs, Mash Tun on Easter Road is probably closest post match for you guys. Not sure if it will have rugby on, but usually has sport on.

29 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Why?

As to pubs, Mash Tun on Easter Road is probably closest post match for you guys. Not sure if it will have rugby on, but usually has sport on.

Barnsley fans.  Heckingbottom was manager of Barnsley but walked out to join Leeds. 

Cheers for the recommendation. 

42 minutes ago, Desp said:

Barnsley fans.  Heckingbottom was manager of Barnsley but walked out to join Leeds. 

Cheers for the recommendation. 

A very "Celtc" thing to do if they boo him though.......hope they dont have any poorly written banners

2 minutes ago, Green Day said:

A very "Celtc" thing to do if they boo him though.......hope they dont have any poorly written banners

Very true.  It's not like football fans to hold a grudge. ;)

I can confirm there will be no banners.

Both Teams have had pretty similar fortunes this season, Motherwell really seem to be in a resurgence now with the emergence of Turnbull and Hastie whereas we are slowly finding our feet under Hecky with an injury wracked squad, aging defence and midfield that's lacking in edge. McGregor will be a big miss, a Hanlon/Milligan partnership gives me the fear. Maybe the young Canadian lad we signed will step up to the bench. Kamberi and McNulty are always dangerous if we can get the ball to them, we need a plan to overcome Motherwells strength in the middle though, hopefully Horgans on form and we can make use of him down the wing to get the ball to the front two.

2 hours ago, Desp said:

I'm working on an extremely homoerotic banner of you and your Barnsley mates. Hopefully have it ready by Saturday.

This has the potential to be a cracker. Q a drab 0-0..

If we win we have a right chance at top 6 and if we lose it is Hibs that will seal it. 

In a way I am not too bothered, probably because up until a few weeks ago it was never even a thought in anyone’s mind. 

That plus I would hope we may win more games in bottom 6 and Christ if we had the chance to relegate or consign Accies to the play offs. 

Plus I guess would be Celtic at home but again would we want them at Fir Park as they could win the title. Not sure we have 1000 spare seats to replace the damaged ones. 

I think Hibs have turned the corner too and their front line will be more potent than anything Bar Celtic in recent games. 

I am going for 6-6. Ah the memories........LUKAS  

We've not won here since the opening day of the 13/14 season, albeit Hibs were out of the top flight for three seasons between then and now, and our recent record there isn't great. The opening day of this season was 3-0 going on 6-0 for them. I don't think they're quite the side they were last season now that Lennon has gone but I reckon they'll still find a way to beat us again on Saturday.

A 2-1 home win is my prediction with them taking a 2-0 lead before we hit back midway through the second half with a goal to give us hope but we'll fall just short and top six ambitions will be over for us.

Archived