Hibs vs The Lanarkshire Homophobes

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of 4 Big games in our run for the top 6. All we have to do is beat Hibs, St Johnstone, Aberdeen and Rangers to guarantee a top 6 spot.

Will be a tough match. Last time we beat Hibs at Easter road was in 2013 (but that is mainly due to Hibs being in the championship for a period of time.)

I feel more confident in thsi squad than the one that went to Easter road at the start of the season. Can see Turnbull and Hastie helping us sneak an away win.

2-1 Motherwell, Hastie and Turnbull to score for us.

Milligan having to move back into defence because of McGregor’s suspension isn’t ideal. Motherwell have got loads of pace going forward which could cause major issues for our ancient back four.  

2-2 draw.

Just now, Zing. said:

Milligan having to move back into defence because of McGregor’s suspension isn’t ideal. Motherwell have got loads of pace going forward which could cause major issues for our ancient back four.  

2-2 draw.

I’d rather keep him in midfield and try Johnston back there. The midfield is very lightweight without him, unless Bartley comes back in. 

Big blow losing McGregor though who has been our best defender since Christmas.

4 hours ago, Phillips455 said:

Will be a tough match. Last time we beat Hibs at Easter road was in 2013 (but that is mainly due to Hibs being in the championship for a period of time.)

333.gif.66778f7cd199367dac1363c51e98f333.gif

Good thing you didn't draw us at Easter Road in the League Cup, defeat to fourth tier Rangers wasn't it?

5 hours ago, HibsFan said:

333.gif.66778f7cd199367dac1363c51e98f333.gif

Good thing you didn't draw us at Easter Road in the League Cup, defeat to fourth tier Rangers wasn't it?

You were in the Premiership at the time of that.  Although the time you were in the Championship you had a chance to play us but we had to settle on playing Rangers.  

8 hours ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

I’d rather keep him in midfield and try Johnston back there. The midfield is very lightweight without him, unless Bartley comes back in. 

Big blow losing McGregor though who has been our best defender since Christmas.

Hes back at his home club (Citeh?) getting treatment, so thats a non starter sadly........

Looking forward to this, will be my first trip to Easter Road in a good few years. 

We go in with one defeat in the last nine games so there's plenty of momentum on our side.  Hibs playing well too so there's the potential for a cracking game.  If there's no injury problems, then the Motherwell team picks itself just now. 

4-3 Motherwell.  Turnbull last minute winner. 

We've got some important games coming up. Think Bartley will come in for Milligan who'll drop into defence. Maybe Slivka in for Mallan or Omeonga? 

We were terrible when we played Motherwell back in January and since then they've been on a really good run. It's going to be a tough game.

I'm going to say this before every game until it happens because it's just a matter of time, but this will be the game where one of Ariyibi's runs that leaves 4 guys sitting on the deck scratching their head and wondering how they got there, will end with him smashing top bins rather than a window in the stand.

3 hours ago, Desp said:

Looking forward to this, will be my first trip to Easter Road in a good few years.

Likewise, don't think I've been to Easter Road since the late 80's/early 90's and the halcyon days of the CCS tanning busses etc.

Looking forward to heading through - Should hopefully be a good game. Both teams playing decent stuff at the moment.

I'm never confident going to Easter Rd as our record there has never been the best (I've scarcely missed a 'Well game there since the 90's as I lived nearby for a long time). That said, there has been some great high points there too - Bob McHugh's late winner when we came back from 2-0 down to win 3-2, McGhee's first team (McCormack to the fore) absolutely destroying Hibs in a midweek league cup game and big Mio stepping out of defence and running the length of the park to score one of my favourite 'Well goals

Spoiler

There are no guarantees obviously but the current team in their current form are more than capable of giving Hibs a right good game and not losing here is essential for us if we have any hope of Top 6.  I fancy us for a point here - anything more than that would be brilliant.

17 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Will the Burundian Lee Lucas be making an appearance?

He's only managed one short spell on the pitch so far, but we'll likely have a hole in the midfield next game, caused by Daz being suspended and Milligan being pushed back into defence to cover for him, so there's a chance.

Archived