Dunfermline Athletic vs Dundee United Tue 26th March

Clark could hardly complain about being left out given the efforts of the forward players who gave the home side problems for much of the game. His lack of pace showed up when he did get on, United were less of a threat with McMullan  off and Safranko wide.

Should really have had the game killed off. And the crowd, over 6000? Doubt it very much.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought Dundee Utd looked strong and fast. For most of the game Dunfermline couldn't get to grips with the physicality or tempo Dundee Utd can play at and I thought Utd's energy off the ball forced a lot of individual errors.

I think Joe Thomson is very big player for us and if he is off form then it seems the whole team is off form.

I did think Jackson Longridge had a really good game in what looked like a very difficult match to play in.

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

And the crowd, over 6000? Doubt it very much.

I thought the same.

Home support looked the same as it normally does, the away support was much bigger than usual. We are used to around mid 4000 or so, I didn't expect it to be much more than 5000. I'm told the club include every ST whether they are there or not, not that I reckon the amount of STs staying away to be overly significant.  

Was 1,300 United fans there tonight which was really good for a Tuesday Night and 3rd game in a week. Thought United didn't really threaten until they scored but that they looked a different team after that and could have been 2 or 3 up at half time.

Dunfermline came back at United second half but lacked the killer ball in the final third. Neilson thought 3 games in a week for Clark having been out injured for 3 months would be too much for him so that is why he dropped out of the team tonight

Said as much about Louis Longridge in the League Cup games. Lots of decent work, then a Shite final ball, or takes too long.

We really need to beat Ayr to have a chance of the play offs now, they've 2 games in hand and 3 ahead.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Said as much about Louis Longridge in the League Cup games. Lots of decent work, then a Shite final ball, or takes too long.

We really need to beat Ayr to have a chance of the play offs now, they've 2 games in hand and 3 ahead.

A goal difference that's akin to an extra point also.

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

Pars fans greeting on Facebook about United being dirty. I wouldn't have said that at all.

You lost me at Pars fans.

Pars fans that comment tend to be thick as mince with views that regular dot net posters would consider a tad partisan.

Disappointed to see us lose last night but not surprised. Sounds like we gave it a decent go but United are simply a stronger and better side than us at the moment. I still don't expect them to win the title but there's pressure on County at least, for the first time in months.

For us, we really do need to win on Friday to have a realistic chance of a top four finish. Anything else would make a mid-table finish almost a certainty IMO. That being said, I really don't think we're good enough to do anything substantial in the play-offs and we'd be squished to an embarrassing degree in the top flight without extensive changes to the squad.

Pars fans that comment tend to be thick as mince with views that regular dot net posters would consider a tad partisan.
Disappointed to see us lose last night but not surprised. Sounds like we gave it a decent go but United are simply a stronger and better side than us at the moment. I still don't expect them to win the title but there's pressure on County at least, for the first time in months.
For us, we really do need to win on Friday to have a realistic chance of a top four finish. Anything else would make a mid-table finish almost a certainty IMO. That being said, I really don't think we're good enough to do anything substantial in the play-offs and we'd be squished to an embarrassing degree in the top flight without extensive changes to the squad.
To be fair to the Facebook posters, Dundee Utd are a physical team and they go down very easily under the slightest challenge. As you'd expect for a team 1-0 up away from home there was a lot of gamesmanship and time wasting going on too. Maybe not "dirty" in a 1990s Airdrie sense but I can see where those comments are coming from. As to the last part of your post, I can't imagine even the simplest of simpletons would imagine any team that were promoted into the Premiership (and I include United in that) wouldn't be in need of several quality additions?

3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

On the topic of Dot Net -just want to send a quick thanks to the posters on there that highlighted that the match commentary on West Fife Radio.

Noticed this and 10 seconds later was listening to full match commentary online.

Seeing Radio Scotland couldn’t be fucked with it, good to get to listen to the game.

3 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
4 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

To be fair to the Facebook posters, Dundee Utd are a physical team and they go down very easily under the slightest challenge. As you'd expect for a team 1-0 up away from home there was a lot of gamesmanship and time wasting going on too. Maybe not "dirty" in a 1990s Airdrie sense but I can see where those comments are coming from. As to the last part of your post, I can't imagine even the simplest of simpletons would imagine any team that were promoted into the Premiership (and I include United in that) wouldn't be in need of several quality additions?

^^^ Made the FB comment

As for reinforcements, I was saying we'd need far greater improvements than United or County. Both of those clubs also have greater resources to make any necessary changes. 

Also, we actually did previously try to take on the SPL with largely the same squad when we last got promoted. I'd rather we built a squad together for a few seasons that could compete and stay in the top flight.

Did we even have a shot?

United keeper made a save from Louis Longridge at 0-0. Can’t think of any other shots. Meanwhile, Scully made 3 saves in about a minute at one point! United were a lot more dangerous going forward than we were and deserved their win. With the chances they had, we couldn’t have complained of it was 3-0 to United at half time. Neither team offered a great deal in the second half, when United were happy to soak up pressure and try to hit us on the counter.

Archived