Dunfermline Athletic vs Dundee United Tue 26th March

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
24 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:
Of course it is. We have the capability of dealing with rain. 

Huge if true

Unfortunately our pitch is now waterlogged after a decision was taken not to close the stadium roof. The board felt we currently cannot afford to have an extortionate electricity bill. 

Grass round here doesn't look too bad so can only assume there are massive puddles that the referee thinks can't be shifted with snowshovels or by forking the soil underneath. It surely wouldn't just be the United boys crying that it's a bit cold for them and a relatively inexperienced reg deciding to let them get back to the warmth of the dressing room.

If that was the first pitch inspection of the day then it’s fucking disgraceful.  Got as far as Kinross before hearing the news.

Saw three separate crashes on the road back all of which looked like single vehicle incidents.

20 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Saw three separate crashes on the road back all of which looked like single vehicle incidents.

Did the motorway appear to be full of maniacs heading the wrong way, flashing their lights at you?

Why isn't there a rule that prevents fans travelling? It takes x time to travel so have the pitch inspection at kick off minus x time.
Kick off at 3. Takes 45 minutes to get from Dundee to Dunfermline. Double it. 1hrs 30. Plenty time to stop away fans leaving. If they were going to the pub they can bevy for longer, win-win.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Grass round here doesn't look too bad so can only assume there are massive puddles that the referee thinks can't be shifted with snowshovels or by forking the soil underneath. It surely wouldn't just be the United boys crying that it's a bit cold for them and a relatively inexperienced reg deciding to let them get back to the warmth of the dressing room.

That's definitely it and isn't complete nonsense.

16 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Why isn't there a rule that prevents fans travelling? It takes x time to travel so have the pitch inspection at kick off minus x time.

Because the condition of a pitch can improve or worsen depending on the weather.

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Did the motorway appear to be full of maniacs heading the wrong way, flashing their lights at you?

No.

1 hour ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Kick off at 3. Takes 45 minutes to get from Dundee to Dunfermline. Double it. 1hrs 30. Plenty time to stop away fans leaving. If they were going to the pub they can bevy for longer, win-win.

I left Dundee at 1.15 and by the time my son got a text from his mate we were close to Kinross.  It’s not ideal and it wouldn’t have been ideal if the game had been at Tannadice and Pars fans were inconvenienced.

More importantly, what happens to all the steak bridies?

I left Dundee at 1.15 and by the time my son got a text from his mate we were close to Kinross.  It’s not ideal and it wouldn’t have been ideal if the game had been at Tannadice and Pars fans were inconvenienced.

Definitely not just resold in the next game. No sir.

We'll freeze em for you.

It's not ideal, but it's the refs call, he could've come earlier? It's an inconvenience, I got to the ground when I found out as left house at 13.40 and missus had me pickup groceries when found out match off. I'm more out of pocket than a round trip to Dundee.

Anyway, that's karma for the time we came to Tannadice and match was abandoned nearly 30 years ago and we had to pay again. Karma never forgets.

Archived