Real Kashmir FC

Ludo*1

On 20/03/2019 at 16:56, The Moonster said:

Enjoyed this too, fair fucks to the guy for taking it on but there was something he said in the programme that made me think this "I've hud tae travel the wurld jist fur the oppartunity to manage" stuff is brought on by himself.  He said he took his son over there as he felt part time football was useless if you wanted to further your career, that made me think that perhaps Robertson doesn't fancy a part time gig in this country to try and build his rep so has ended up taking whatever full time job is going. I don't believe for one second that he couldn't have gotten himself a youth team job at one of the bigger clubs in this country or even somewhere in America and looked to move on from there though.

At the end of the doc it said he'd had no offers from clubs in Scotland. I wonder if the Cove Rangers job would tempt him? Not sure what their manager situation is at the moment with John Sheran having a heart attack at the end of last season, but I'd think that would be an ideal job for him to relocate back to Aberdeen if he fancied it. Not to mention Cove are on the rise and seem to have a bit of ambition and resources. Unless he thinks it's beneath him. 

Thoroughly interesting documentary. Kudos to him too for being as committed to the club and the game as he is. Don't know how well his management style would translate over here but he's obviously doing something right. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

Don't think they'll be playing any home games for a few weeks until the (quite right) furore over the new citizenship bill calms down.

Aye, they've already had 2 of their home games postponed. Next match is scheduled for boxing day, at home to Chennai City.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
31 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

This is amazing. Half way in, I've already decided I'm going to watch it back again tonight. Stunning scenery. Very funny in parts.

The place (Kashmir) really does look stunning. There were some shots in the first one that were incredible.

Robertson's rants were very amusing, especially towards the opposition managers. Wonder if he'll ever get over here. Would be interesting to see.

3 hours ago, pub car king said:

I'm surprised no body has given him a chance over here. Just for entertainment value if nothing else, he would make big Dick at Arbroath look tame. 

He's on Sportsound later. I'm sure they'll cover that.

9 hours ago, pub car king said:

I'm surprised no body has given him a chance over here. Just for entertainment value if nothing else, he would make big Dick at Arbroath look tame. 

I doubt he'd last two weeks.

No danger he gets away with the psycho act here, it's just not done like that anymore. The captain would be at the chairman's door after the first couple of training sessions.

4 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

I doubt he'd last two weeks.

No danger he gets away with the psycho act here, it's just not done like that anymore. The captain would be at the chairman's door after the first couple of training sessions.

Nonsense. 

It's a mindless cliche that managers can't shout at players these days. The reality is that management has moved on and managers realise that just shouting at everyone all the time isn't effective. Robertson himself acknowledged this in the documentary when he noted that it doesn't work with the African lad. Some players will react well to it and others won't, and good managers know this and how to deal with individual players.

Really enjoyed it, some of the drone shots of Kashmir looked phenomenal. Gave a bit of perspective when talking about internet being off for 4 months and what it must be like living in that part of the world nevermind trying to play professional football against that backdrop.