Caley+Thistle v Victoria+Thistle

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/12/2019 at 22:41, yoda said:

I have no doubt that County will not win this. I'm much more confident of County skelping United next Tuesday  Friday than scraping a win over ICT on Friday Tuesday.

Grivosti will be suspended but hopefully Draper/Stewart are back in the squad. I think there needs to be some rotation too: get Armstrong starting, give Spence or Lindsay a rest, maybe chuck Paton on for some game time.

FTFM (Fixed That For Me)

Tremarco was howling on Saturday. If SK/SF have half a brain and start Mullin on the right then he (Tremarco) will need to up his game.

Also, please end the McHattie in CM experiment. 

4 hours ago, RiG said:

Tremarco was howling on Saturday. If SK/SF have half a brain and start Mullin on the right then he (Tremarco) will need to up his game.

Also, please end the McHattie in CM experiment. 

To be honest, I think Tremarco has done a decent job on Mullin when they've gone up against each other. Mullin has only done him once from memory for the second goal in Dingwall to force a replay when he was attempting to claim offside for some completely mental reason. We've looked more dangerous with Midge getting 1v1 on McKay, but Caley adjusted somewhat in the replay and had someone else out to help McKay pretty quickly.

To be honest, I think Tremarco has done a decent job on Mullin when they've gone up against each other. Mullin has only done him once from memory for the second goal in Dingwall to force a replay when he was attempting to claim offside for some completely mental reason. We've looked more dangerous with Midge getting 1v1 on McKay, but Caley adjusted somewhat in the replay and had someone else out to help McKay pretty quickly.

If our central midfield was better, they’d make better advantage of those match ups. I think Midge and Mullin will be the key. Hopefully Draper is at his bullying best.

Best pubs in the centre of Inverness likely to be showing this tomorrow?

Dog House is probably the best bet.

Not sure if there are many other games on TV tomorrow? If not then I’d imagine most would have it on.

We probably wont see Vigurs again this season.

Saturday's fears on Watson confirmed, out for tonight and possibly longer ("something loose in his knee":huh:). So young Grivosti alongside Boyle presumably, perhaps Draper will come back in and offer protection in front of them.

Gardyne also a doubt following some heavy treatment on Saturday, I doubt he'll be risked.  

Hospitality cancelled due to lack of interest, could be looking at a <3k tonight. How many season ticket holders are counted?

21 minutes ago, StuartTaylor said:

We probably wont see Vigurs again this season.

Saturday's fears on Watson confirmed, out for tonight and possibly longer ("something loose in his knee":huh:). So young Grivosti alongside Boyle presumably, perhaps Draper will come back in and offer protection in front of them.

Gardyne also a doubt following some heavy treatment on Saturday, I doubt he'll be risked.  

Hospitality cancelled due to lack of interest, could be looking at a <3k tonight. How many season ticket holders are counted?

Not overly surprising given the number of times that the fixture has been moved around.  Can't imagine a Tuesday night hospitality offering would be overly popular almost irrespective of the opposition.

No Watson for this either. Boyle is a solid, uninspiring centre half who gets on with it and that's about it. Screams out for us to go to a more defensive 4-5-1 with Mullin and Midge deloyed more as standard midfielders rather than midfielders/wingers but the gaffers will either insist on the 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 and it'll be another "i can't believe Caley haven't gone 4-4-2!" in the first half.

If Midge isn't fit Armstrong will probably come in.

I'd bite your hand off for a point.

2 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Osman marked Polworth out of the game on Saturday. It’s not SFSK’s style but I’d have Draper do the same.

It was good of us to allow you the chance to scout ICT ahead of tonight's game ;) 

2 hours ago, Comrie said:

No Watson for this either. Boyle is a solid, uninspiring centre half who gets on with it and that's about it. Screams out for us to go to a more defensive 4-5-1 with Mullin and Midge deloyed more as standard midfielders rather than midfielders/wingers but the gaffers will either insist on the 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 and it'll be another "i can't believe Caley haven't gone 4-4-2!" in the first half.

If Midge isn't fit Armstrong will probably come in.

I'd bite your hand off for a point.

Yup.  A point and no more injuries or suspensions.   I have no idea where the goals are going to come from for County. Stewart might be a good bet for any time goalscorer.

Edit: the number of long term injuries this season has been absolutely unreal.

I didn't realise Watson and Gardyne were out/doubts!

I would like to see:

Fox

Fraser Grivosti Boyle vdW

Spence Draper Lindsay

Mullin Stewart Armstrong

Subs: Munro, Kelly, Paton, Graham, Cowie, McManus, Wallace

Looking awfully light at the back :unsure2:

Archived