Caley+Thistle v Victoria+Thistle

The "we go to derby matches and sing songs so we're better fans than you and can do what we like, you squares" attitude is prevalent in the County "Young Team" too.  

Although maybe they are better than me. I sat in an Inverness pub rather than actually go to the game.  

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, yoda said:

The "we go to derby matches and sing songs so we're better fans than you and can do what we like, you squares" attitude is prevalent in the County "Young Team" too.  

Although maybe they are better than me. I sat in an Inverness pub rather than actually go to the game.  

There's a cnumber of the Young Team who sometimes go to away game. Seen them at Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen and Motherwell.

County are a team that just do enough to win a game. I guess that’s the biggest frustration as a fan. Caley were there to get an absolute horsing last night and we are all happy with three points.

Caley have been absolutely superb against us in just about every match, but watching them in other matches you’d have to conclude they raise their game considerably against us.

I though last night that they got nowhere near that level and it was a comfortable enough victory for us.

Draper for me was man of the match, absolutely destroyed the Caley midfield and was probably correctly hooked as the ref would have given him a booking even with a slight foul.

Armstrong was sprightly and it’s all about United on Friday. Win there and we move to 63 points with DU getting a maximum of 67 if they win all their games.

The highlights of old games between the two clubs yesterday showed a huge negative of the shitey insistence of all seater stadia, especially in Scotland when up to three quarters of seats can lie empty.

The terracing behind the goals at both grounds looked packed and looked to be bouncing, but I bet in a couple of the ones showed the crowd wouldn't have been too much higher than last night's one. Terracing makes a crowd look much better, as fans can spread out a bit more to cover the 'gaps', and it doesn't look like complete shit when you see thousands of empty seats.

Inverness' ground would be quality if they got terracing behind the goals. The main stand is big enough to provide seating for all who prefer to sit at games.

The same could be said about County's ground.

1 hour ago, Loki said:

County are a team that just do enough to win a game. I guess that’s the biggest frustration as a fan. Caley were there to get an absolute horsing last night and we are all happy with three points.

Caley have been absolutely superb against us in just about every match, but watching them in other matches you’d have to conclude they raise their game considerably against us.

I though last night that they got nowhere near that level and it was a comfortable enough victory for us.

Draper for me was man of the match, absolutely destroyed the Caley midfield and was probably correctly hooked as the ref would have given him a booking even with a slight foul.

Armstrong was sprightly and it’s all about United on Friday. Win there and we move to 63 points with DU getting a maximum of 67 if they win all their games.

Agree with pretty much all of this. It's always said about County but surely McGregor is going to have to splash the cash again to improve that squad because it doesn't look like you would do much in the Premiership. Easily good enough to get promotion in second gear and having the Cubans out with a few weeks to go but surely a big overhaul will be required in the summer?

12 minutes ago, RiG said:

Agree with pretty much all of this. It's always said about County but surely McGregor is going to have to splash the cash again to improve that squad because it doesn't look like you would do much in the Premiership. Easily good enough to get promotion in second gear and having the Cubans out with a few weeks to go but surely a big overhaul will ne required in the summer?

In the event they go up, of that side that started last night, I'd say fewer than half would be comfortable in the Premiership.  Fox, Fraser, Draper, Mullin and Lindsay.  

In fairness, only really Van Der Weg or Kelly in addition to those is a first pick if everyone's fit this season.

Not sure if Welsh and Beith are with us next season.

Beith was a 3 year deal, the fact he does not appear to have a squad number anymore nor been seen this season suggests the answer to that is a resounding no.

I thought the ref lost it last night. Started handing out cards like the desperate kid at school on valentine's Day. A few challenges where a word would have went better. Inconsistent with what was and was not a booking for both teams.

Can't complain about the red mind you. That was two moments of sheer stupidity. Both fouls at the halfway line near enough. pointless.

Austin was abysmal, game ended when he game on, he couldn't hold the ball, place a pass or beat an egg. Total chalk and cheese from Walsh.

6 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

In the event they go up, of that side that started last night, I'd say fewer than half would be comfortable in the Premiership.  Fox, Fraser, Draper, Mullin and Lindsay.  

In fairness, only really Van Der Weg or Kelly in addition to those is a first pick if everyone's fit this season.

It’s usually surprising how players step up in standard when they get promotion.

Livingston are a good example. 

1 hour ago, weirdcal said:

Beith was a 3 year deal, the fact he does not appear to have a squad number anymore nor been seen this season suggests the answer to that is a resounding no.

Beith has allegedly retired.  We've played the 'injured' line with retired players before.  Simon King a few years back as I recall.

Beith has allegedly retired.  We've played the 'injured' line with retired players before.  Simon King a few years back as I recall.
I had heard that from a Jambo that he's apparently called it a day as just constant injuries. Weird as I thought he was close to game time in October. Another wasted wage

3 I believe. He’s also 17 so it would be pretty harsh to say he’s a waste of a wage, I don’t think he was ever intended to be a first team player this season.

Nah he wasn’t. It was announced at the time he would was signed up for the youth team.

He just played an absolute blinder on social media and got a ridiculous amount of attention from it so people seem to expect him to have been in the matchday squads (not counting the last few weeks)

The Brazilian boy was signed by Caley to stop him going on trial at Ross County.

The fact that he’s Brazilian people have given it a higher profile signing than it actually is. He’s just a youth player who’s family moved to the area.

Was also on trial at Motherwell and Rangers before Caley offered him a deal. Looks a good prospect and has some really tidy finishes. The lob against Ayr was superb

Looking at the highlights again - that's a far better penalty save than I thought at the time.  

Ross Draper can barely move by the time the red card happens, he pulls out of a tackle and the ICT player expects him to go in for it.  He got hurt getting the assist for the goal.  I'd be amazed if he's fit for Dundee United.  The second yellow is actually a pretty naughty tackle.  Can't have any complaints.

Robbo was in the paper saying that Polworth talked to him about Draper's tackle in the lead up to the Trafford challenge and thatDraper should have been sent off.  Polworth simulates the foul before Draper is even close enough to touch him!

Archived