Caley+Thistle v Victoria+Thistle

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As folk have mentioned earlier in the thread, taking Walsh off killed it for us.  He getting some good attacks down his side and taking him off lost all bounce to our game altogether and forced us back into the hoof 'n' hope.  I'd even have taken Doran off before Walsh.  Austin can be decent but he looked like a headless chicken out there.

That second yellow for Trafford was such a crazy tackle to commit to, literally a minute to halftime and he's lunging in like that in the centre circle, JR needs to have a few words with him.

Again with another make shift defense I thought County were composed and other than a 10 to 15 minute spell in the first half controlled it well.

Probably the best I've seen Fraser play this season and Armstrong looked positive. 

Trafford has looked like a red card waiting to happen for a while now. He was lucky to get away with it on Saturday and against Partick he was taken off before he was sent off. I don’t think he’s that good a player either if I’m honest and I wouldn’t retain him for next season no-matter what league we’d be in.

Their fans on here are generally a great bunch but ICT have a really high proportion of foaming-at-the-mouth oddballs on social media. Tweets about “battle fever”, bashing their touchscreens in anger at Johnny Foxes, and numerous tear-stained posts over how the referee (rather than their abysmal murder of cloggers) cost them the game. They won’t ever admit it, but it obviously matters a lot more to them than it does the County support.

It’s great to see.

Trafford's not an awful player, he's a big unit who's almost a match for Draper physically. He just hasn't got the experience Draper has in being a niggly shite. Draper wouldn't have gone for the tackle on Lindsay that got Trafford sent off (he wouldn't be able to catch Lindsay anyway, he's too slow).

When I saw that County line up I was delighted. Absolutely rank. Then I watched in horror for the first 10 or so minutes of the game as we made that rabble look like world beaters. No arguments over the Trafford sending off, he probably should have been sent off for his first challenge to be fair but I felt that Draper was lucky to still be on the pitch before he was subbed at the break. Never a penalty in a million years so I guess justice was done with White missing it. Just such a let down given that County had so many players out and we had close to our full strength team save for Welsh. A real lost opportunity.

And I've no idea why folk are getting worked up over Foxes unless it's because they've released it's a shithole.

Watching on the TV, I thought it was a poor performance from us.  The ref didn't have a great game but it was two stupid challenges from Trafford, who deserved to be booked for them both.  We didn't compete properly in midfield and really missed Welsh.  It's another indication that we have a pretty decent first XI but a paper thin squad.

It's also another example of our lack of focus and experience that has been a cloud around the club for seasons now - missing penalties, stupid tackles, giving the ball away.  You can't complain about losing games if you pass the ball to the opposition 30 yards from your goal, have players fly into stupid tackles and continually take the worst penalties in Scotland.

16 minutes ago, RiG said:

When I saw that County line up I was delighted. Absolutely rank. Then I watched in horror for the first 10 or so minutes of the game as we made that rabble look like world beaters. No arguments over the Trafford sending off, he probably should have been sent off for his first challenge to be fair but I felt that Draper was lucky to still be on the pitch before he was subbed at the break. Never a penalty in a million years so I guess justice was done with White missing it. Just such a let down given that County had so many players out and we had close to our full strength team save for Welsh. A real lost opportunity.

And I've no idea why folk are getting worked up over Foxes unless it's because they've released it's a shithole.

Can you explain how that wasn’t a penalty? 

The reference to Johnny Foxes is presumably related to a Twitter post they made saying "well done county" or words to that effect. I suspect some of their normal clientele won't have liked that. 

Three home games on the bounce now.

Winning the first two would create an 11-point gap and an all-but-insurmountable GD, with 12 points left to play for.

County have earned 2.5 points per home match to date, so the situation looks good.

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

what do you think of your chances next season, do you think Dundee can do a County and bounce back first time of asking winning the Championship?

If we retain McIntyre, absolutely not. 

16 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I'm 38 and I hated Foxes twenty years ago.  Always stunned that people visiting Inverness sing it's praises.

Because they go in at 1.30 in the afternoon on a Tuesday when the sun's out and there are nice views of the river, I suspect.

9 hours ago, yoda said:

Their fans on here are generally a great bunch but ICT have a really high proportion of foaming-at-the-mouth oddballs on social media. Tweets about “battle fever”, bashing their touchscreens in anger at Johnny Foxes, and numerous tear-stained posts over how the referee (rather than their abysmal murder of cloggers) cost them the game. They won’t ever admit it, but it obviously matters a lot more to them than it does the County support.

It’s great to see.

The YT are a weird bunch. Create a good atmosphere at games but seem to think they are better than the rest of the supporters because of this even though they literally just go to games against Ross County these days. I know some have been banned from the ground for this season (maybe longer) but the others have disappeared as well. Shame because when they aren't being a bunch of wee fannies they really do help get the crowd going and create some atmosphere which is a rarity these days at TCS.

Archived