Caley+Thistle v Victoria+Thistle

Every day is a school day and it seems that merging of highland teams was as fashionable as the flappers in the 1920s.

It's an urban myth / truism that 1,000s stay away from the 90s merged team and it makes me wonder if anyone has a grandad that boycotted the resultant Dingwall team?

It seems to me that the wish of a high stakes home and away highland clash will now not be an end of season thing so Friday will be the final fling. (congratulations to County by the way)

I can't imagine John Robertson tinkering too much so his team selection shouldn't surprise and with almost a full week of rest, I'm sure they will be raring to go on Friday.

It's a slightly different story for County and with three games in six days, I can well imagine some team rotation being necessary and its times like this that the investment in a larger squad could prove to be instrumental.

It had come to my notice that Vigurs is nearing a return and that is surely significant. Fair play to him for getting himself fit, but then again he's never been one to take knocks lying down.

I hope the TV coverage doesn't dampen the attendance and the floodlit fare is as exciting as I expect it to be.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Can an admin please stage an intervention and get these terrible thread title tae f**k?

Let a sane poster start the match threads.

Reported for being so last century with negative language and subverting progress that is sympathetic to mental health strategies.

5 hours ago, sophia said:

Every day is a school day and it seems that merging of highland teams was as fashionable as the flappers in the 1920s.

It's an urban myth / truism that 1,000s stay away from the 90s merged team and it makes me wonder if anyone has a grandad that boycotted the resultant Dingwall team?

It seems to me that the wish of a high stakes home and away highland clash will now not be an end of season thing so Friday will be the final fling. (congratulations to County by the way)

I can't imagine John Robertson tinkering too much so his team selection shouldn't surprise and with almost a full week of rest, I'm sure they will be raring to go on Friday.

It's a slightly different story for County and with three games in six days, I can well imagine some team rotation being necessary and its times like this that the investment in a larger squad could prove to be instrumental.

It had come to my notice that Vigurs is nearing a return and that is surely significant. Fair play to him for getting himself fit, but then again he's never been one to take knocks lying down.

I hope the TV coverage doesn't dampen the attendance and the floodlit fare is as exciting as I expect it to be.

E5B430E4-74DF-4CC2-9B10-248A0A83AAC5.gif

I have a bad feeling about this.  2-0 Ross County.

This fixture always reminds me of the two occasions a Ross County fan has admitted to me in person, that they take greater pleasure in seeing ICT lose, than they do seeing Ross County win.  I have absolutely no doubt there are some County fans on here that feel the same.

23 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Pics or GTF

I'm so awfully sorry that I have no picture with which to furnish you.

Rather, my intention was to conflate what looks like a ribald word with the birth and the support of the Dingwall team.

My wee light-hearted jests aren't universally popular and it seems to me that there remains a cohort of rurals that are determinedly curmudgeonly. Just imagine how grumpy they'd be if they weren't going to win the league.

19 minutes ago, sophia said:

I'm so awfully sorry that I have no picture with which to furnish you.

Rather, my intention was to conflate what looks like a ribald word with the birth and the support of the Dingwall team.

My wee light-hearted jests aren't universally popular and it seems to me that there remains a cohort of rurals that are determinedly curmudgeonly. Just imagine how grumpy they'd be if they weren't going to win the league.

That's fair enough. Now here are some flappers:

stream_img.jpg

1920s%20Women's%20Fashion%20Flapper__229

133394316-nassau-bahamas-flipper-film-fe

I have no doubt that County will not win this. I'm much more confident of County skelping United next Tuesday than scraping a win over ICT on Friday.

Grivosti will be suspended but hopefully Draper/Stewart are back in the squad. I think there needs to be some rotation too: get Armstrong starting, give Spence or Lindsay a rest, maybe chuck Paton on for some game time.

I have no doubt that County will not win this. I'm much more confident of County skelping United next Tuesday than scraping a win over ICT on Friday.
Grivosti will be suspended but hopefully Draper/Stewart are back in the squad. I think there needs to be some rotation too: get Armstrong starting, give Spence or Lindsay a rest, maybe chuck Paton on for some game time.

I think Grivosti being suspended is far from a disaster. Boyle will come in and be far more solid, if unspectacular.

20 hours ago, yoda said:

Totes.

ICT have been looking really good recently, with a strong belief that they will win instead of draw.

Probably be an ill-tempered affair and an ICT win would not be a complete surprise. 

Not certain that foolish Rooney has  been sufficiently silenced yet, but I still hope that County discipline is better than recently and that nobody is provoked into unwarranted silliness.

Archived