Imperial vs Metric

Ludo*1

Foot and inches or metres and centimetres?  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fahrenheit v Centigrade missing. I use Fahrenheit for hot, Centigrade for cold, feet and inches for rough measurements, metric for exact, mpg for mileage, litres for how much I'm paying, Distance in miles. 

1 minute ago, lichtgilphead said:

Metric. Imperial is obsolete - it's even defined by reference to the superior system of measurement 

How far is the penalty spot from the goal line? Imperial for the win.

3 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Well penalties from the 10.9728 meterer or the 16.4592 meterer box is never going to take off.

2 minutes ago, superbigal said:

And i'm not asking for a 0.568261 litre in the pub

So we're agreed then? Imperial is the way forward.

Genuine question what do other Europeans ask for in the pub when they want their equivalent of the finest brew?!

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Genuine question what to Europeans ask for in the pub when they want their equivalent of the finest brew?!

On reflection I do often ask for a trente-trois Jupiler when i'm in Liege

Genuine question what do other Europeans ask for in the pub when they want their equivalent of the finest brew?!

Don't you just ask for the beer you want? "I'll have a tennants" not once in all my life has anyone ever said "pint or half pint"

Just now, Romeo said:

Don't you just ask for the beer you want? "I'll have a tennants" not once in all my life has anyone ever said "pint or half pint"

When I'm at the bar, I always lead with 'pint of tennants'. I didn't realise people just said the brand name. How could the barman distinguish between whether it's the wee glass or the big glass you're wanting?!

When I'm at the bar, I always lead with 'pint of tennants'. I didn't realise people just said the brand name. How could the barman distinguish between whether it's the wee glass or the big glass you're wanting?!
Because anyone asking for a wee glass is oftw

3 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Or they realise that they don't need spurious degrees of accuracy to mark out a football pitch.

So what is the 18 yarder now in Fifa bollox ?

Also how wide are the goals if not 8 yards and how high if not 8 feet ?

2 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Or they realise that they don't need spurious degrees of accuracy to mark out a football pitch.

Do you go to the shop to buy a 0.568261 litre of milk?

Have no memory of my weight and height in metric. For the sake of science and space exploration though we should go full blown metric, in exchange for Greenwich Mean Time being used for all NASA and Spacex broadcasts. They use GMT on the ISS ffs. And there was that time they got their imperial and metric mixed up and missed Mars.

Archived