Dombarton vs Airdrie

Just now, The Moonster said:

Don't get ahead of yourself there, Murray was prone to that as well. We played a horrid narrow diamond midfield which had just about every midfielder playing out of position.  I may be wrong here and it was Aitken who was in charge, but I'm sure we started away at St Mirren with Jordan Kirkpatrick as our sole striker one game too.

That was indeed Aitken. Seven defenders/defensive mids (Scott Taggart on the wing, I mean Jesus Christ, why?), a goalkeeper and Kirkpatrick as a false nine. We would've overtaken Alex Rae's St Mirren with a victory...Lost 1-0, and Aitken called them a Premiership quality side.

It still haunts me.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/12/2019 at 13:03, Old Diamond said:

Allegedly the reason that Speirs left the board was a disagreement with Heatherington over the managerial position -  he wanted Duffy

I heard a similar rumor but that it was Coyle & Stewart that G Speirs wanted to come in.

On 3/13/2019 at 11:57, The Moonster said:

Don't get ahead of yourself there, Murray was prone to that as well. We played a horrid narrow diamond midfield which had just about every midfielder playing out of position.  I may be wrong here and it was Aitken who was in charge, but I'm sure we started away at St Mirren with Jordan Kirkpatrick as our sole striker one game too.

I think our squad is unbalanced so it wouldn’t surprise me if he ends up trying a few out of position at some point. We don’t carry a goal threat but we lack genuine wide players who could make a difference. He needs to find a way to shake it up. 

That was indeed Aitken. Seven defenders/defensive mids (Scott Taggart on the wing, I mean Jesus Christ, why?), a goalkeeper and Kirkpatrick as a false nine. We would've overtaken Alex Rae's St Mirren with a victory...Lost 1-0, and Aitken called them a Premiership quality side.
It still haunts me.

Christ. That’s absolutely harrowing. I’d rid my mind of that shambles. Now you’ve brought it up that’s hundreds of pounds in therapy down the drain. Thanks.

Good to see that they are outside practising with that wind-machine we hired to kipper the Smokies.

Almost feel sorry for the guys who have to trundle it to one end after the toss, then heave it to the other at half-time.

Any jokes about BJs will be ignored.

Looks like we have virtually a full squad to choose from aside from the usual suspects missing out.  Be interesting to see if Big Henk comes back in or if Brian McLean keeps his spot.  I'll be shocked if anything else changes, for the first time in about 2 years we appear to have a settled team!

I would be inclined to keep McLean in the starting 11. Don't think he done anything worthy of being dropped last week and as you say its been nice to have a settled team for the first time in a long time. I think that is one of the biggest reasons for our current form tbh.

Airdrie Supporters Trust have organised kids entertainment in the Bowling Club from 1pm-2.30pm tomorrow afternoon. Last Aces away day of the season. If any Sons fans with kids want to come along, you are more than welcome. All free, and be good to see a mix of kids. We've got 30 going.

FB_IMG_1552670898685.jpg

1 hour ago, EJF said:

Airdrie Supporters Trust have organised kids entertainment in the Bowling Club from 1pm-2.30pm tomorrow afternoon. Last Aces away day of the season. If any Sons fans with kids want to come along, you are more than welcome. All free, and be good to see a mix of kids. We've got 30 going.

FB_IMG_1552670898685.jpg

Good idea, they're the Airdrie support of the future, hope the youngsters have a great day.

Weather update for travelling folk: it is snowing. Fairly heavily but not lying (yet) due to wet ground.

The hound wouldn't go "Walkies!" with Mrs. Scrotum, sharing with me the opinion "I'm not going out in THAT" and preferring to lie in front of the fire chewing an old gout bandage. The hound that is, not me.

If the game was scheduled for an 08:00 kick off in my garden it would be off. Mainly because it wouldn’t conform to current SPFL ground regulations, and the fact there are no goals, but the snow wouldn’t help. Not feeling too optimistic about this going ahead.

IMG_0751.jpg

Weather update for travelling folk: it is snowing. Fairly heavily but not lying (yet) due to wet ground.
The hound wouldn't go "Walkies!" with Mrs. Scrotum, sharing with me the opinion "I'm not going out in THAT" and preferring to lie in front of the fire chewing an old gout bandage. The hound that is, not me.
It's not snowing in Dumbarton East, it's just fifty shades of grey with rain thrown in. Unless 'Dumbarton Rock' has concerns I expect this contest to go the distance.

6 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

If the game was scheduled for an 08:00 kick off in my garden it would be off. Mainly because it wouldn’t conform to current SPFL ground regulations, and the fact there are no goals, but the snow wouldn’t help. Not feeling too optimistic about this going ahead.

IMG_0751.jpg

What's with the large image of Trump's Tadger?

:o

Archived