Dombarton vs Airdrie

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, microdave said:

Three draws between both teams in the league this season. A fourth would mean it's the first time Dumbarton have recorded four draws in a league season against the same opposition. Discuss.

I would gladly take that draw just now!  An interesting statistic indeed and none of the games have been worth more than a draw . If Murray plays the same team and same dire strategies involving 18 year old loan players and no real attacking physique , the odds on a home win are good. If games go a certain way in mid week the bottom 6 are neck and neck.

Something will give on Tuesday in both games. Is the consensus that we'd prefer east fife to win or does anyone think we could actually get to fourth place (amazing to think that's a possibility given where we were 5 games ago!) and therefore prefer a draw or defeat for them?  Also, on current form I would think we could see off Airdrie fairly easily.

3 hours ago, RockMusic said:

Something will give on Tuesday in both games. Is the consensus that we'd prefer east fife to win or does anyone think we could actually get to fourth place (amazing to think that's a possibility given where we were 5 games ago!) and therefore prefer a draw or defeat for them?  Also, on current form I would think we could see off Airdrie fairly easily.

Or this could be the one where the wheels come off...........?

3 hours ago, RockMusic said:

That exactly the kind of mentality and attitude I hope our players don't have. We just need to keep grafting and if we produce our best we can beat any team in the league. But we have to take 1 match at a time and stay motivated and keep working hard.

14 hours ago, squeezeboxson said:

That exactly the kind of mentality and attitude I hope our players don't have. We just need to keep grafting and if we produce our best we can beat any team in the league. But we have to take 1 match at a time and stay motivated and keep working hard.

Yeah, I agree. The second we expect a win is the second it all goes wrong.

1 hour ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:
1 hour ago, FifeSons said:
Yeah, I agree. The second we expect a win is the second it all goes wrong.

I really wouldn't worry about it this time.

I've tried reverse psychology before and its worked!

Definitely don't see us winning :P

17 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

FifeSons now looking to take on Ammo Airdrie in a bold move after his victory over 1320 two weeks ago. 

Someone needs to keep that lads feet on the ground.

:lol:

Not at all, I think all my luck went into that win!

I've tried reverse psychology before and its worked!
Definitely don't see us winning [emoji14]
But you see......
You're only saying this now as some sort of superstition now, in the hope that denying your teams marvellous run of form will somehow churn out another win.
I on the other hand, 100% believe we will have our arsed handed to us under the Rock.
Can you 100% say you really don't think you'll win?
I can, and I really don't.

37 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

But you see......
You're only saying this now as some sort of superstition now, in the hope that denying your teams marvellous run of form will somehow churn out another win.
I on the other hand, 100% believe we will have our arsed handed to us under the Rock.
Can you 100% say you really don't think you'll win?
I can, and I really don't.

I honestly think it could be any outcome. There's not much between the teams. Our good form won't last forever and neither will your bad form.

i was going to head down for this game but i'm really struggling for motivation after watching that game at raith at the weekend,i'd be surprised if we get anything from this game or any other game this season

Archived