Dombarton vs Airdrie

We could either view that as a decent point come the end of the season, or a massive two dropped points, who knows.

On seeing the goals back, the defending for the first four goals is atrocious from both sides, some real amateur stuff, but both sides’ third goals were quality. A great strike from Forbes and a really good move from airdrie.

It’s now crazily right down at the bottom and even though it’s cliched, we have five cup finals to try and ensure our safety in this division, which at this time is far from assured.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A while back there was a bit of talk that Dumbarton was going to be building a new stadium in some land on the other side of town, has that fallen through? 
Outsider here but I'd imagine it's unlikely as the council have just forked out for Holm Park (home of Yoker & Clydebank) to get a complete overhaul as a community facility.

3 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Outsider here but I'd imagine it's unlikely as the council have just forked out for Holm Park (home of Yoker & Clydebank) to get a complete overhaul as a community facility.

Not sure that has any effect, the council weren't paying a bean for our move.

5 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Not sure that has any effect, the council weren't paying a bean for our move.

For some reason I had it in my head that Dumbarton's ground was owned by the council. Thanks for the clarification.

24 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

For some reason I had it in my head that Dumbarton's ground was owned by the council. Thanks for the clarification.

I wish they did, we probably wouldn't attract bawbag property developer owners if the council owned it.

On ‎10‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 11:27, microdave said:

Three draws between both teams in the league this season. A fourth would mean it's the first time Dumbarton have recorded four draws in a league season against the same opposition. Discuss.

I missed the games this week and caught up on highlights. It looked a fair result as many have posted. I am trying to think if any other set of four draws has featured both sides in  this way but can't place any. The chase at the top is still on for fourth and East fife must be very nervous. I don't think the 2nd bottom team in Championship would be any less nervous. I did think we would need 40 to be safe, so with 41 and a few decent performances I am more relaxed now. Maybe I should just miss more games.

I missed the games this week and caught up on highlights. It looked a fair result as many have posted. I am trying to think if any other set of four draws has featured both sides in  this way but can't place any. The chase at the top is still on for fourth and East fife must be very nervous. I don't think the 2nd bottom team in Championship would be any less nervous. I did think we would need 40 to be safe, so with 41 and a few decent performances I am more relaxed now. Maybe I should just miss more games.
I've got a feeling Queen's Park and Clyde played out a few 0-0 draws a few years ago but no idea if it was all four games.

5 minutes ago, microdave said:

I've got a feeling Queen's Park and Clyde played out a few 0-0 draws a few years ago but no idea if it was all four games.

I have a friend who is an Airdrie archivist and will check if it is our first . Can only be since the four division/four games years so hardly a difficult task?  Is there a Dumbarton one? At the start of the season I did think these games would be close. Funny that 2 wins and two defeats would have got both of us a better position. I still dislike this 4 game scenario league.

I have a friend who is an Airdrie archivist and will check if it is our first . Can only be since the four division/four games years so hardly a difficult task?  Is there a Dumbarton one? At the start of the season I did think these games would be close. Funny that 2 wins and two defeats would have got both of us a better position. I still dislike this 4 game scenario league.
The four a season started in 94/95 although there were a few seasons beforehand when there were 12 team divisions playing each other four times too. There is indeed a Sons archive http://sonsarchive.com/matches.php

Archived