Dombarton vs Airdrie

11 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

I demand Dumbarton rock comes on and explains himself. A rare Saturday off, my game called off this morning and now the sons game off. A Saturday off, no football, having to spend it with the wife.......emoji35.pngemoji23.png

1 minute ago, Jordo1872 said:

There’s always Soccer Saturday.

My arse won't touch the fabric of the couch - she'll be wanting me to do something or other....but I find solace that I share the pain with a few hundred other poor bast*rds.... Have a good weekend guys.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I can't stand an empty Saturday I went to experience the Broadwood cold. It was so like those freezing years in the past. The game itself was quite a good one and it gave me some idea of what standard we might face in any dreaded play offs. It was fairly even for an hour and a draw was about right. Clyde then dominated and only some careless finishing and a brave goalie kept it level. They took the lead from a corner kick for 2-1 and John Rankin finished off a quick break late on. A Stirling player got  a bad head knock which meant Rankin's goal was 90+8 minutes. Clyde were solid and have experience in most areas. Goodwillie still has danger moments/ Ally Love hares about/Rankin is very calm  and play offs are nervy for the L1 sides.  Dylan Mackin was a sub for Stirling and he appears to be even broader now. My feet have just about heated up and the Stranraer win at Ochilview was in some way a relief although maybe a draw would have been better?  

20 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

I demand Dumbarton rock comes on and explains himself. A rare Saturday off, my game called off this morning and now the sons game off. A Saturday off, no football, having to spend it with the wife.......emoji35.pngemoji23.png

download (3).jpg

21 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

If I had been allowed to get the park verti drained last month the game would have been on. #simples.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not that confident ahead of this game although I am definitely more confident than I was on the original date. Based on our previous games against Dumbarton and our last two results there's no reason why we can't win this. But, I'm also aware that this is Airdrie we're talking about and the same side that has been pish for most of the season so it could still all come crashing down. I'll predict a 1-1 draw.

2 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

We've still to see the best of Paton, dropping him will deny us that opportunity and him a chance of the MOTM award.

He must have been in with a chance of MOTM last Saturday. Melingui only got it because he had only played half a match as opposed to those who had played ninety minutes. So by that logic Paton must have been the other contender.

If we can win this then it goes some way towards patching over the damage caused by Saturday's defeat. I'm not feeling at all positive about our chances mind you with Forbes and DT both off it against Raith and Stenny, Airdrie hitting some form and us looking really Aitken-esque in our attitude during the defeat on Saturday. Hopefully Stuart Carswell, Conor Brennan and a central-defender are back - in which case I'd like to see us going with something like this.

Conor Brennan

David Ferguson Craig Barr Brian McLean/HvS Cammy Ballantyne

Ross Forbes Stuart Carswell Kyle Hutton Bobby Barr

Dom Thomas Boris Melingui

I'm still not convinced by Boris tbh, but he made an impact when he came on and for that alone (in such a woeful showing) deserves a start. We really don't have a chance of getting a result without Carsy in centre-mid imo. Forbes is wasted in there, and Hutton doesn't have the mobility for that role without him. If only we had a quick centre-mid who loved a goal against Airdrie, eh...

Adam still gives me the fear every time he steps on the pitch and, having watched the highlights back, he should be doing better with the second imo. It's strange, beyond the very, very basic ones, he just doesn't seem to make saves at all. Brennan might've been in Abu Dhabi for the past fortnight (which isn't great, even if it is for work) but he still deserves a start. 

That aside things pretty much pick themselves. Again I'd like to see Ben Armour getting a start, but I've no idea where to put him - he's a good option to have on the bench though, especially if we need something different going forward.

Just win plz Sons. I don't care if it involves Beany diving to win a scandalous late penalty which hits the post, David Hutton's back, the post again, Hutton's back again and is then taken in via a gust of wind, or is as a result of another DT screamer. Three points are really all that matter.

19 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:

@Ross Forbes. If you want a central defender back, I'm afraid it won't be HvS. According to his Twitter he's a couple of weeks away from being fully fit due to a knee injury.

That's disappointing. What do we do to players?

Archived