Ayr v Queens

Any chance this game could be off ? It would maybe be a blessing in disguise due to Queens injury crisis. 4 players missing is massive for a club like us with such a small squad. 

Not sure we want to travel up due to the weather forecast 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Any chance this game could be off ? It would maybe be a blessing in disguise due to Queens injury crisis. 4 players missing is massive for a club like us with such a small squad. 

Not sure we want to travel up due to the weather forecast 

Doubt it, can't see us getting the forecasted snow but the pitch will be in some state i'd imagine with all the rain, should be fine though.

With ICT games tonight being postponed this is now a massive to chance to put a bit of breathing space between ourselves and them. Dunfermline host Dundee United so one of them is going to drop points.

We have something like two wins in 13( I can’t even be bothered going to check) while Qots have lost seven games on the bounce so this has shitefest written all over it.  A draw should see both teams immediately demoted to the Lowland league. 

I’m not confident at all- Loser mentality has well and truly set in with this bunch and is showing no signs of lifting. On paper and given the form QOTS current form this is probably the easiest game we have left and if we can’t get the win then we simply don’t deserve to be in the promotion playoffs. 

Teamwise Forrest is back in the squad after a long injury layoff which is a massive boost however Geggan and Moore remain out but are both expected to be back for Dunfermline game. 

I know QOS are in the middle of a bit of an injury crisis. Big fan of Nicky Low and Josh Todd so I’m glad they are out. GN will also have a bit of a decision to make in regards to who starts in goals after the incident with Alan Martin on Saturday. 

From our perspective I’d like to see us line up:

Doohan

Smith Muirhead Rose Harvie

Miller Kerr Murdoch McDaid

Moffat Shankland

Subs:- Hare Reid, Adams, Bell, Docherty, Crawford, Cadden, Forrest.

Watch us start Crawford/Murdoch wide and have 3(Three) wingers sitting on the bench. 

With ICT games tonight being postponed this is now a massive to chance to put a bit of breathing space between ourselves and them. Dunfermline host Dundee United so one of them is going to drop points.
We have something like two wins in 13( I can’t even be bothered going to check) while Qots have lost seven games on the bounce so this has shitefest written all over it.  A draw should see both teams immediately demoted to the Lowland league. 
I’m not confident at all- Loser mentality has well and truly set in with this bunch and is showing no signs of lifting. On paper and given the form QOTS current form this is probably the easiest game we have left and if we can’t get the win then we simply don’t deserve to be in the promotion playoffs. 
Teamwise Forrest is back in the squad after a long injury layoff which is a massive boost however Geggan and Moore remain out but are both expected to be back for Dunfermline game. 
I know QOS are in the middle of a bit of an injury crisis. Big fan of Nicky Low and Josh Todd so I’m glad they are out. GN will also have a bit of a decision to make in regards to who starts in goals after the incident with Alan Martin on Saturday. 
From our perspective I’d like to see us line up:
Doohan

Miller Kerr Murdoch McDaid

Moffat Shankland

Subs:- Hare Reid, Adams, Bell, Docherty, Crawford, Cadden, Forrest.

Watch us start Crawford/Murdoch wide and have 3(Three) wingers sitting on the bench. 

If we’re getting relegated can it not be the Highland League as the away days will be far better.

Also Alan Martin has been ruled out with a “back injury”. Make of that what you will.

16 minutes ago, rb123! said:
1 hour ago, Honest_Ally said:

No chance will that happen

Probably not but I would like it to.  He did change to this system a few times before when our usual 442 wasn't working , but seems reluctant to now. Which is strange as we have the players to suit the system better now and it hasn't been working for months.

Any chance this is off?

I’d be surprised if it’s called off and hope it isn’t given the injuries to key players for QoTS.

However I can’t imagine the pitch will be in great condition given the recent weather.

Forrest coming back isn't going  to make a massive difference any more than Kerr, Adams or even Shanks has. Always get a bit  misty eyed whenever a player is out injured, the longer he's out the more we seem to miss him.

Going into  this game it kinda reminds me of that time we played Raith when Stevo was in nets. Two teams in poor form with fans/players  low in confidence. 

Andy Stirling struggling for tomorrow aswell
Hopefully the weather isn’t too bad and I can make the journey up. Not looking forward too it but will be there as usual
Come on the south

Stirling had a knack of performing against us at Dumbarton and Stranraer. However if we don’t turn up tomorrow we’ll be beaten no matter how many injuries you guys have.

Team mostly picks itself tomorrow, apart from who plays CB and wing to be fair. Fordyce hasn’t been at it for too long now, be good to try a new centre half combination. Ideally it’d have been Doyle and Maguire but with no Marshall, we have to put Mercer on the left and Doyle on the right. I would take a shitfest 1-0 win right now.

I’d be going;

Leighfield
Doyle Maguire Brownlie Mercer
Aird Jacobs Wilson Stirling
Dobbie Dykes

Leaving a bench of: Gibson, Fordyce, McGrath, Murray + young boys

This will likely be my second last game this season other than Alloa in May. Is it too much to ask for a win?

Team I'd play:

Doohan

Miller Kerr Murdoch McDaid

Moffat Shankland

Subs - Hare-Reid, Bell, Adams, Crawford, Forrest, Docherty, Cadden 

With Forrest coming on for half the second half for Miller and some quick passing and triangles between Kerr, Forrest and Moffat leading to a goal!

Heart says 2-1 with a brace for Sir Lawrence and Sir Dobbie with his usual goal. Head says 0-0 borefest.

Archived