Ayr v Queens

20 hours ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Playing either of them ahead of Maguire is bonkers. 

On the basis of the matches I’ve seen him play, I think Maguire is severely overrated by most Queens fans. Granted Fordyce and Browlie are both rubbish, but Maguire is hardly a panacea for all our defensive ills.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Frankie S said:

On the basis of the matches I’ve seen him play, I think Maguire is severely overrated by most Queens fans. Granted Fordyce and Browlie are both rubbish, but Maguire is hardly a panacea for all our defensive ills.

I think there can be a tendency towards this.

If someone does ok, his contribution often gets overstated.

On 10/03/2019 at 19:14, 19QOS19 said:

He's a complete zoomer. Trolls our threads all the time and is never happier than when Queens are losing.

No, but I expect both sides will give it a damn good go.

The way we've been this season a win on Saturday wouldn't shock me. I expect us to try and shitfest a draw again though and again fail miserably by again conceding from a corner or a cross. Given both of Ayr's goals against us this season have been from corners then it's almost a certainty to happen. I expect we'll set up to sit in and therefore Dobbie will be useless again as the guy isn't, has never been and never will be a lone striker. Sadly the only person who can't see that is the man that matters. But we'll continue to hear that it's because Dobbie is going through a dry spell and other players need to step up.

It will actually be hilariously infuriating if we go down with a 40 plus goal striker and two of the 3 best assist players in the division. Such a QoS thing to happen.

A complete zoomer who is never happier when Queens lose if only that was true.

I just give my opinion  of how Queens are playing right now they are playing like a team who will go down without a fight.

I can’t imagine they’ll be many changes, if any, to the team that lost to Falkirk.

Forrest will likely be on the bench and McCall said Adams could come back into the team as he feels we’ve struggled with the lack of height throughout the team.

Not sure who you drop though to make room for Adams in midfield.

I can’t imagine they’ll be many changes, if any, to the team that lost to Falkirk.

Forrest will likely be on the bench and McCall said Adams could come back into the team as he feels we’ve struggled with the lack of height throughout the team.

Not sure who you drop though to make room for Adams in midfield.
He played Bell in midfield against Dunfermline for height and it never worked.

He played Bell in midfield against Dunfermline for height and it never worked.

No he didn’t

He played Bell there as Dunfermline played 4 central midfielders in the middle and Bell was supposed to give a bit of protection. Bell isn’t even the tallest of players anyway.

Is Dykes still not playing up front with Dobbie or has that gone by the wayside?

Dykes’ main role is to mark the opposing holding midfielder and get “goal side”. If he does that successfully he has done his job apparently.

The fact that we can lose 7 consecutive matches with this formula and still persevere with it says it all.

Archived