Ayr v Queens

No, but I expect both sides will give it a damn good go.

The way we've been this season a win on Saturday wouldn't shock me. I expect us to try and shitfest a draw again though and again fail miserably by again conceding from a corner or a cross. Given both of Ayr's goals against us this season have been from corners then it's almost a certainty to happen. I expect we'll set up to sit in and therefore Dobbie will be useless again as the guy isn't, has never been and never will be a lone striker. Sadly the only person who can't see that is the man that matters. But we'll continue to hear that it's because Dobbie is going through a dry spell and other players need to step up.

It will actually be hilariously infuriating if we go down with a 40 plus goal striker and two of the 3 best assist players in the division. Such a QoS thing to happen.

We seem to be the only team (and Ross County) that hasn’t worked out Queens this season. On paper they’ve been leaking goals from crosses and corners but we very rarely exploit that. I expect it’ll be a 0-0 with Ayr having 70% possession but not actually doing anything with it.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

If Queens did go down, would they have the cash to keep Dobbie?

Wouldn’t have thought so, rumours circulating that queens may go part time regardless of how the season goes as finances not there to continue full time. 

I'm pretty sure Queens are the only team we haven't managed a goal from open play against, and may also be the only team Shankland hasn't scored against?  Doesnt fill me with confidence, although in the game at Somerset which is the only one I have seen we looked the far better side. 

Contrary to what everyone says I didn't think we were THAT bad against Falkirk, in as much as "if we had scored any of the 3 or 4 sitters we missed and our keeper hadnt flapped a cross straight in" sort of thing.    As someone said, if we score first we will be fine and id expect a win and maybe even a resounding one.  If not then its 0-1 or 0-2 full time. 

I'm pretty sure Queens are the only team we haven't managed a goal from open play against, and may also be the only team Shankland hasn't scored against?  Doesnt fill me with confidence, although in the game at Somerset which is the only one I have seen we looked the far better side. 
Contrary to what everyone says I didn't think we were THAT bad against Falkirk, in as much as "if we had scored any of the 3 or 4 sitters we missed and our keeper hadnt flapped a cross straight in" sort of thing.    As someone said, if we score first we will be fine and id expect a win and maybe even a resounding one.  If not then its 0-1 or 0-2 full time. 

Interestingly enough I don’t think we’ve lost a game that we’ve scored first in this season. In fact there’s only been one that we’ve scored first then not won and it was against Queens at Somerset.

I think this ties into the confidence factor though and the players get an obvious lift from going ahead and when that happens we’re likely to score a few. On the flip side whenever we concede first the heads go down which is a common factor with teams on a shite run.

Both our recent form has been horrendous, so who knows how this will go ??

The irony is that QOS have probably been the most impressive side I've seen this season, so it would be typical if this was a game we managed to win to kick start our season.................

Guest Flash
19 hours ago, Hursty said:

Semple played CB in the 3 earlier games. He was replaced by Maguire who looked ok. But he has subsequently been ousted by Brownlie returning after a 10 month lay off.  And he wasn’t that great before.

Overall, I think we will have 5 players missing from the one that beat Ayr at Palmerston and 5 missing from the team that last won a game, including probably the 3 best players (apart from Dobbie).

Naysmith brings a lot of the criticism on himself with his negative style of play and baffling decisions like having a  CB pairing of Fordyce and Brownlie. But having 3 of the better players out doesn’t help matters. 

Semple played CB in the 3 earlier games. He was replaced by Maguire who looked ok. But he has subsequently been ousted by Brownlie returning after a 10 month lay off.  And he wasn’t that great before.
Overall, I think we will have 5 players missing from the one that beat Ayr at Palmerston and 5 missing from the team that last won a game, including probably the 3 best players (apart from Dobbie).
Naysmith brings a lot of the criticism on himself with his negative style of play and baffling decisions like having a  CB pairing of Fordyce and Brownlie. But having 3 of the better players out doesn’t help matters. 

IMO Todd being out gives us a better chance of winning.

43 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

IMO Todd being out gives us a better chance of winning.

Yep we`ve really missed Todd.

In all honesty neither side is in good form. 

FWIW I thought Ayr looked OK in Friday`s game v Falkirk.  On another day Shankland could easily have had a couple of goals.

56 minutes ago, Flash said:

Playing either of them ahead of Maguire is bonkers. 

14 hours ago, Flash said:

Agreed. 

13 hours ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Playing either of them ahead of Maguire is bonkers. 

Agreed. 

18 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Completely forgot that horrible wee shitebag Darren Brownlie plays for Queens. Hope he has a nightmare. 

Brownlie having a 'mare during games isn't really a long shot tbf.   He's only just got back into the team after being injured since the end of last season displacing,   in many people's opinions,  far better options.  (see above 2 posts) 

Archived