• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

All things considered, I reckon Ross County have the 13th highest home support in Scotland. 

No reason why they can't still aspire to be a top flight club post-MacGregor imo, especially with the stadium and training ground now in place 

11 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

All things considered, I reckon Ross County have the 13th highest home support in Scotland. 

No reason why they can't still aspire to be a top flight club post-MacGregor imo, especially with the stadium and training ground now in place 

Spoilsport! 

4 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Before our game with Inverness on 16th February, we were 17 points behind Ayr United.

We're now just three behind them - and only six off United, who we play on Saturday at EEP.

pars team.png

brucey.png

scully.png

Horrific and doesnt even seem that long ago.   Fully expect the Pars to go above us on Friday 29th if not before.  Still - i'm on a half day from work that day so i will be doing a tour of the Dunfermline pubs pre match and then probably a quick sorrow drowner or two at the Elizabethan post match as i'm staying at my pals bit who lives 5 mins away, and no doubt alternating between "McCall must go / i'd have bitten your hand off for 8th so it's a great season" depending on my mood. 

FWIW - I stuck £20 on Dundee Utd to win the league at 6/1 in January and cashed it out for £18 today to lose on the Euro games, as I reckon Ross C have the title won. 

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Maybe County will eventually self-sustain in the top flight or at this level, but using attendance as a reason for that is pointless when their attendance figures (like many other clubs’ these days) are fabricated.

Any chance us from Ayr, Inverness and Dunfermline could get our shit together and resign Dundee United to 5th.

That would be a giggle wouldn't it.  Come on you know you want to. It would be good for Scottish Football

Edited by I'm Brian

Any chance us from Ayr, Inverness and Dunfermline could get our shit together and resign Dundee United to 5th.
That would be a giggle wouldn't it.  Come on you know you want to. It would be good for Scottish Football
Scottish football needs a mediocre Dundee United (As is showing with their continued inability to get out this league)

11 hours ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Yes he is. 

Also missing the point that Mileson had Gretna before they were in any league. 

Gretna were in the league for a couple of years before BM got involved, I thought?

29 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Gretna were in the league for a couple of years before BM got involved, I thought?

Possibly, but in an East Stirlingshire barely clinging on fashion. The main point still holds though. Without the sugar daddies cash, all of this clubs folded, or nearly did so. Ross County won't be any different. 

I don't think County will go the way of Gretna.  They have enough fans, infrastructure etc.

11 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I don't think County will go the way of Gretna.  They have enough fans, infrastructure etc.

Not all the way, but if you take Roys money out, a Livi or Dundee surely isn't off the cards?

10 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Not all the way, but if you take Roys money out, a Livi or Dundee surely isn't off the cards?

They'll just fall to their natural level I'd say.  Players on wages the club can afford etc.  All the high earners would be away, jut like every other club that cuts costs.

9 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

They'll just fall to their natural level I'd say.  Players on wages the club can afford etc.  All the high earners would be away, jut like every other club that cuts costs.

Morton-esque, perhaps?

A football club having to cut their cloth accordingly if they lose their main source of finance is certainly the hottest take I've read on P&B for a while.

2 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

A football club having to cut their cloth accordingly if they lose their main source of finance is certainly the hottest take I've read on P&B for a while.

I think the main talking point is how much cloth would be left. 

The idea that everything would be fine, is frankly wild and exactly the sort of thinking that dumps teams like Dundee and Livi into the shit in the first place. 

Edited by HopeStreetPieStall

15 hours ago, Hursty said:

Fully expect the Pars to go above us on Friday 29th if not before.

If we beat United 7-0 on Saturday and Ayr lose 0-7 against Queens...you'd still be ahead of us.

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

4th bottom amirite lads

All jokes aside, I think there's too many teams between Falkirk and Dunfermline.  What I mean is they'll all have to play each other still and get either 1 or 3 points.  Dunfermline, ICT, Morton and QOS can't all lose all their games, they're going to be picking up 10-15 more points each IMO.

Falkirk have left it far too late.

10 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

All jokes aside, I think there's too many teams between Falkirk and Dunfermline.  What I mean is they'll all have to play each other still and get either 1 or 3 points.  Dunfermline, ICT, Morton and QOS can't all lose all their games, they're going to be picking up 10-15 more points each IMO.

Falkirk have left it far too late.

Staying up is where the fun is this season. Anything else is vapour dreams. 

3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

If we beat United 7-0 on Saturday and Ayr lose 0-7 against Queens...you'd still be ahead of us.

You're right - I had forgot about the free weekend on the 23rd!