• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

1 hour ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Ross County can add ‘skooshing’ the worst Championship of all time alongside their other paltry achievements, such as winning the Plastic Diddy Insurance Cup and the seaside leagues. We’ve been around less than a quarter of their existence and have won the Scottish Cup, played in Europe and finished 3rd in the country. Despite operating on a lower budget, we’ve finished above them 20 times out of 25.

Absolute minter for the Dingwall Oil Merchants. The inferior neighbours.

Yaaaaas. I've spent all day trying to provoke a heads gone. I'm delighted it's a Caley fan that's bit. 

Yaaaaas. I've spent all day trying to provoke a heads gone.

This is up there with Ross County’s all time achievements.

2 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Ross County can add ‘skooshing’ the worst Championship of all time alongside their other paltry achievements, such as winning the Plastic Diddy Insurance Cup and the seaside leagues. We’ve been around less than a quarter of their existence and have won the Scottish Cup, played in Europe and finished 3rd in the country. Despite operating on a lower budget, we’ve finished above them 20 times out of 25.

Absolute minter for the Dingwall Oil Merchants. The inferior neighbours.

Straight into my veins.

8 hours ago, I'm Brian said:

Think it's perm any three from four. Disagree about one of the bottom teams putting a late run in.

At this point in time we're looking as though we're going be Hibsing it on a level that even Hibs would be embarrassed about.

If we can't beat Queens next week then we can probably forget about the play-offs.

At this rate Ayr aren't Hibsing it, they're Mortoning it.

57 minutes ago, GordonS said:

At this rate Ayr aren't Hibsing it, they're Mortoning it.

Nothing can ever be that bad shirley

Tarmo Kink's grudge towards Uncle Roy is shared by many ICT fans. I think it's jealousy.

On one hand, successful local businessman strives to give something back to his local community in the form of developing his boyhood club into a team that can sustain itself at this level (with occasional forays into the topflight) for decades to come. On the other hand, ICT's financial backers have fed their egos with a great wee period of success and now disappeared, not really giving too much of a f**k about whether the club becomes the Clyde FC of the Highlands or just dies completely. As long as the other guy doesn't get power, they'll be happy. Uncle Roy, in contrast, seeks to build a strong relationship between club and community without resorting to getting the begging bowl out on a OTB.

6 hours ago, yoda said:

On one hand, successful local businessman strives to give something back to his local community in the form of developing his boyhood club into a team that can sustain itself at this level (with occasional forays into the topflight) for decades to come. 

When does the development stop and doping start?

It's a million a year for "forays" in the now and its naive to think that we'll see anything other than a sharp correction to a more modest sustainable level.

7 hours ago, yoda said:

Tarmo Kink's grudge towards Uncle Roy is shared by many ICT fans. I think it's jealousy.

Agreed. Not sure why as so many ICT fans seem to forget that the journey through the lower leagues wasnt really that different with full time players and signing players from higher leagues frequently (even playing transfer fees). While RM does help finance RC there is no doubt, the financial mismanagement at ICT is equally significant just at the opposite end of the scale.

If ICT make the plays offs its a statement on how shite this league really is, facts are that teams should be away and clear by now - that ICT could still even catch 2nd place is mind blowing really.

7 hours ago, yoda said:

On one hand, successful local businessman strives to give something back to his local community in the form of developing his boyhood club into a team that can sustain itself at this level (with occasional forays into the topflight) for decades to come. On the other hand, ICT's financial backers have fed their egos with a great wee period of success and now disappeared, not really giving too much of a f**k about whether the club becomes the Clyde FC of the Highlands or just dies completely. As long as the other guy doesn't get power, they'll be happy. Uncle Roy, in contrast, seeks to build a strong relationship between club and community without resorting to getting the begging bowl out on a OTB.

Aka the John Boyle/Brookes Mileson plan. 

Always ends well when the money dries up/dies off. 

26 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Aka the John Boyle/Brookes Mileson plan. 

Always ends well when the money dries up/dies off. 

Drawing parallels between Mileson at Gretna and MacGregor at County is a sign that you're:

a) Just poorly informed

b) A barely functioning idiot

c) Both of the above

6 minutes ago, yoda said:

Drawing parallels between Mileson at Gretna and MacGregor at County is a sign that you're:

a) Just poorly informed

c) Both of the above

So if he drops dead tomorrow,or decides to stop funding the club, you'll just sail merrily on as before, top of the chsmpionship/bottom or mid Premiership, aye? 

Because if the answer is no, you've just made a fanny out of yourself. 

9 hours ago, yoda said:

ICT's financial backers have fed their egos with a great wee period of success and now disappeared, not really giving too much of a f**k about whether the club becomes the Clyde FC of the Highlands or just dies completely. As long as the other guy doesn't get power, they'll be happy.

Fair point you make.

2 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Agreed. Not sure why as so many ICT fans seem to forget that the journey through the lower leagues wasnt really that different with full time players and signing players from higher leagues frequently (even playing transfer fees). 

I think that only applied in the bottom two divisions. Certainly not the 5 years we spent in div 1 as it was then. When we left div 2 in 99 it was behind Livi who had been buying the league as well as all our players. 

ETA - there was nearly two decades after us when County couldn't keep up, and I think money had little to do with that. We had a knack of recruiting the right people, while County made a few right royal blunders, no names mentioned :lol:

Edited by The Mantis

9 hours ago, I'm Brian said:

Nothing can ever be that bad shirley

Yeah sorry, I took that too far.

8 hours ago, yoda said:

a) Just poorly informed

c) Both of the above

Sorry Yoda, but your sugar person is clearly underwriting the opex of your club in the form of players and their associated salaries. He may well be doing all sorts of other “community” stuff, but the bit that keeps RC where they are is the cash he splashes in players. If and when that stops, then you won’t be flipping twixt Championship and top flight very often. 

I am sure Gretna and Motherwell and Dundee supporters all bought into the altruistic nature of their benefactors, but the reality in all cases was that the Milesons, Boyles and Melvilles were all financing the playing budget. When that stops, the “self sustaining” bit evaporates very quickly. Of course, all such ventures seem to end in the club’s running to hide behind the skirts of administration when the unpaid bills start to pile up.

You may not be there now, but sooner or later, it will all come home to roost. It always does.

Before our game with Inverness on 16th February, we were 17 points behind Ayr United.

We're now just three behind them - and only six off United, who we play on Saturday at EEP.

pars team.png

brucey.png

scully.png

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Sorry Yoda, but your sugar person is clearly underwriting the opex of your club in the form of players and their associated salaries. He may well be doing all sorts of other “community” stuff, but the bit that keeps RC where they are is the cash he splashes in players. If and when that stops, then you won’t be flipping twixt Championship and top flight very often. 

I am sure Gretna and Motherwell and Dundee supporters all bought into the altruistic nature of their benefactors, but the reality in all cases was that the Milesons, Boyles and Melvilles were all financing the playing budget. When that stops, the “self sustaining” bit evaporates very quickly. Of course, all such ventures seem to end in the club’s running to hide behind the skirts of administration when the unpaid bills start to pile up.

You may not be there now, but sooner or later, it will all come home to roost. It always does.

I don't particularly want to derail this thread any further but comparing MacGregor to Melville is quite frankly ludicrous.

MacGregor has been involved in County since before they were in the SFL. Comparisons to charlatans like Boyle, Mileson, Melville, and the other crooks who have brought various football clubs to their knees show a staggering amount of ignorance. 

10 minutes ago, yoda said:

I don't particularly want to derail this thread any further but comparing MacGregor to Melville is quite frankly ludicrous.

MacGregor has been involved in County since before they were in the SFL. Comparisons to charlatans like Boyle, Mileson, Melville, and the other crooks who have brought various football clubs to their knees show a staggering amount of ignorance. 

Are you willfully ignoring the substantive point that has been put to you on several occasions?

41 minutes ago, sophia said:

Are you willfully ignoring the substantive point that has been put to you on several occasions?

Yes he is. 

Also missing the point that Mileson had Gretna before they were in any league.