Ross County v Falkirk, Tuesday, 12th March

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decent performance from Falkirk tonight in tough conditions. Gash for the first 20 mins but the better team after that. Mind you, 2-0 doon by that point so County probably sat off a wee bit. Jarvis looks good at flick ons but a bit of a jobber apart from that. Dixon still looks a bit aff the pace as well. Had almost forgotten MacLean was playing until he got taken off.

Played a lot better once Maclean and Petra went off. Rudden and Todorov could be a good pairing.

No idea why there were 7 yellows and a sending off though.

Feels like McKinnon got it wrong tonight with line up and early tactics. However as I wasn’t there it’s only gut feel.
Thoughts of anyone who actually watched the game?…

Just now, roman_bairn said:

Feels like McKinnon got it wrong tonight with line up and early tactics. However as I wasn’t there it’s only gut feel.

A lot of hopeful punts up to Jarvis which amounted to not very much early on. I thought Petra was pretty decent, but there wasn't many other players to aim for when he made runs down the flank. Not sure why Robson didn't start, Dixon wasn't great. MacLean hardly touched the ball.

Petra not tracking back gifted them their first and a number of chances thereafter. He's very good at beating a man, flying past him then booting the ball in the general direction of no-one. Needs dropped. Maclean was shite.

East stand linesman was absolutely hopeless, barely got a decision right for either side.

Hey, I’m no Karen Carpenter myself but the West Stand linesman was probably the most unfit, incompetent official I think we’ve had since the Highland league days

Just now, LauriestonBairn said:

No one talking about McLeans miss at 1-0? Still can’t believe he put that straight in the keepers hands.

Fox did well, but he just blootered it straight at him.

7 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

First half your striker was doing a thankless job chasing down long balls with no support whatsoever by the bank of 5 in midfield. County never looked much out of second gear in the first half and the 2 goals came from the first 2 meaningful attacks...

Second half you battled more and once Rudden came on you changed shape and opened the game up. We were rattled for the last 10 minutes and Falkirk had most of the ball.

Hey, I’m no Karen Carpenter myself but the West Stand linesman was probably the most unfit, incompetent official I think we’ve had since the Highland league days

Comment that makes the ‘eyeball incident’ seem like child banter, tbh....

1 minute ago, NewBornBairn said:

Petra not tracking back gifted them their first and a number of chances thereafter. He's very good at beating a man, flying past him then booting the ball in the general direction of no-one. Needs dropped. Maclean was shite.

Aye, MacLean was non-existent. I see what you mean about Petra, his final ball needs some work but I reckon without him our midfield is far too ponderous and to be frank, slow, going forward. I like McShane and Waddington, but neither of them really have any pace. Paton and Osman don't really contribute much in attack either.

First half your striker was doing a thankless job chasing down long balls with no support whatsoever by the bank of 5 in midfield. County never looked much out of second gear in the first half and the 2 goals came from the first 2 meaningful attacks...
Second half you battled more and once Rudden came on you changed shape and opened the game up. We were rattled for the last 10 minutes and Falkirk had most of the ball.

I’m being careful trying not to be lured into believing you are rational after all....

25 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Yes we felt he was no loss has an attitude problem

On 3/11/2019 at 13:02, Spain said:

I, personally, would be disappointed with anything other than requiring brackets for our score over this cannon-fodder.

Ross County 7 (Seven) Generic Southern Team 0

There we go, is everyone happy now?

I am furious.

Can’t give anyone a two goal start and expect a result far less the most effective team in the league. Was one of those games where you felt if we had got the goal earlier we would have got a result.

Best for us McGhee, Osman and Paton. McLean and Demi I just don’t think they are good enough.

Archived