Ross County v Falkirk, Tuesday, 12th March

As comfortable a home win County have had this season. 2-0 up from two well taken headers then slipper on, cigars out for the next 70 minutes. 

Spence, Lindsay and Cowie ran the show and dictated the tempo as they saw fit.

Silly first yellow for Grivosti who had an excellent game, yet again.

Would have like to seen more/earlier subs from County and pushed for more goals but the result was never in doubt.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As comfortable a home win County have had this season. 2-0 up from two well taken headers then slipper on, cigars out for the next 70 minutes. 
Spence, Lindsay and Cowie ran the show and dictated the tempo as they saw fit.
Silly first yellow for Grivosti who had an excellent game, yet again.
Would have like to seen more/earlier subs from County and pushed for more goals but the result was never in doubt.

Clearly not at the same game as me

Just home, some of the maddest conditions I’ve ever driven in coming back.

First 20 minutes falkirk got absolutely battered by county, I thought it was going to be another trouncing. Falkirk then came more and more into the game, missed a couple of good chances in the first half.

Second half falkirk had county pinned back for large periods of the game without really creating many clear chances. The last 10 minutes was every county player in their own box kicking the ball in any direction to get rid of it with falkirk piling on the pressure.

If falkirk got that penalty 10 minutes earlier then I would have been confident of an equaliser, maybe even a winner.

1 hour ago, ka202 said:

Just home, some of the maddest conditions I’ve ever driven in coming back.

First 20 minutes falkirk got absolutely battered by county, I thought it was going to be another trouncing. Falkirk then came more and more into the game, missed a couple of good chances in the first half.

Second half falkirk had county pinned back for large periods of the game without really creating many clear chances. The last 10 minutes was every county player in their own box kicking the ball in any direction to get rid of it with falkirk piling on the pressure.

If falkirk got that penalty 10 minutes earlier then I would have been confident of an equaliser, maybe even a winner.

Real fans don't moan about the driving conditions.  

A hairy last few mins but about as comfortable as it gets when you are missing so many players. Was hoping to see at least one of Draper, Vigurs or Stewart on the bench but they must be a bit away yet. No word of Morris at all, and good to see Fontaine is back running although this season is gone for him obviously.

Friday at the Dump and Tues at Tannadice will be a different proposition, at least we have cover for the suspended Grivosti on Fri with Boyle or Semple.  Graham up front on his own gives me the fear but he took his chance well last night. Spence, Watson and Grivosti (until his red) did well too I thought.

Good luck to Falkirk, a decent away support for a Tues night in horrible weather, more than most would bring.

I enjoyed the second half. County really were hanging on at the end. Another 10 minutes and I think we'd have got a draw. Also if Dixon had floated that free kick in at the end instead of trying a Ronaldo we might have had better success too.

Still can't believe how much of a c**t the referee was. I remember being taught a good ref is one you don't notice, this c**t was desperate for attention. Summoning players over from a couple of yards away to stick a yellow card in their face, sprinting to the place of awarding free kicks when there was no confrontation, taking an age over re-starting the game. Fucking attention seeking c**t. 

County looked a bit ropey at the back to me, but it has to be said the two goals we lost were schoolboy stuff. Simple crosses and headers. 

Thought McLean was pretty anonymous and Waddington looked like he was carrying a bit of timber. Was impressed with Osman last night and feel much more confident with Burgoyne in goal too. Rudden looks a great player at this level, an absolute pest of f**k. One of those players you'd absolutely hate if he was playing against you. 

I know wingers can be inconsistent at the best of times, if they were more consistent they wouldn’t be playing at this level, but I’ve yet to see what McLean offers so far.
He wont be offering it on Saturday for sure.

I think that was Osmans best game for us. In the second half he was immense, no one got past him and he broke up county attacks before the halfway line, constantly.
Hopefully he is up to speed to put in a better shift against Thistle than his first game then. He has definitely improved along the way.

13 minutes ago, oot_the_loop said:

Refs that book players for timewasting, then immediately pull the play back to give them time to write in their wee book infuriates near the same as when mcdonalds charge 5p for a paper bag.

Yup. He was a c**t.

Archived