Ross County v Falkirk, Tuesday, 12th March

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

Genuine question for all the Falkirk fans questioning Countys' long term financial stability - where did the 450k January spending money come from? Also, by a country mile Dingwall is a far more enjoyable football ground to visit than Westfield.

450k thats a good one.  We had built up a decent bit of rainy day cash with the money accrued from the very successful Little Mix Concert etc .The bairn for life investment also helped us sign McShane.  Even with last years player turnover under Hartley in January we still managed to post a profit As I've said previously I'm more pissed off that we're having to use this extra cash to stay in the league and not to increase the budget for a promotion run.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, dingdong1929 said:

That's broadly what it means.
That's not what it's based on with regard to Ross County, which was the question.

But this thread, and others like it, have given me cause to think .
So let me share; I think your accusation of 'soulless' is based on:
- a desperate lack of knowledge of Ross County (which is fair, why should you be aware of the history of the club, its current workings, or the potential tied into its local geography and economies);
- the opinion that Falkirk should be out-performing Ross County as  Falkirk are from the central belt and were afforded access to the senior leagues decades earlier (also fair, many hold this opinion, largely born of ignorance, but as described above the average football fan can't be expected to understand the numerous factors involved in Ross County's present standing);  
- a desperate frustration that Ross County have consistently out-performed Falkirk for the last few years (who wouldn't feel like that given the above two points! I mean, come on!!!);
- the catharsis of aggressively saying something negative about that thing  which makes you feel less 'powerful' than you would like,  this attack being in the hope that it balances out as a positive for you (hugely common, the very nature of which has been a subject of discussion for centuries , from Aristotle labeling the human species a 'zoon politikon'  (political animal), through Rousseau’s 'Noble Savage', to more recent study on primates in general).

It's fine, most people with souls are capable of understanding, and so I understand.
Please be assured that its not your fault, that its not your chosen club's fault, and that such things go through 'cycles'.
Soon, it will be the turn of Falkirk fans to enjoy a well run and relatively successful club.
And do you know what, I'll be happy for you, I hope you will be happy too. HTH (hope to help)  Xxo

ETA - please be assured that this reply is not just for this particular Falkirk fan, but for all football fans who may find themselves in a similar position.

Get in the sea ya fanny.

On the ‘central belt’ point stop greeting. We have no given right to outperform you based on geography, that’s mental. Not where my head is at all. 

More to do with being a tinpot town tbh. Let’s be honest without Roy’s money you’d have been in the championship at the very most with the resources that would be possible to any other club with a fan base and commercials in a place like Dingwall. You’d be lucky to be full time to be honest. 

Correct. Making huge losses every year that need covered by Roys cash injections is hardly what you would call well run. 

I wish we had a Roy McGregor TBH rather than the snivelling nobodies who have lead us nowhere for too fucking long.

6 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Genuine question for all the Falkirk fans questioning Countys' long term financial stability - where did the 450k January spending money come from? Also, by a country mile Dingwall is a far more enjoyable football ground to visit than Westfield.

450k :lol::lol::lol::lol:

17 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

450k thats a good one.  We had built up a decent bit of rainy day cash with the money accrued from the very successful Little Mix Concert etc .The bairn for life investment also helped us sign McShane.  Even with last years player turnover under Hartley in January we still managed to post a profit As I've said previously I'm more pissed off that we're having to use this extra cash to stay in the league and not to increase the budget for a promotion run.

That must've been some Little Mix concert - how much did we actually make ? I thought we just rented the stadium out these days rather than sharing in the profits (losses) like we got burned with previously.

(BTW I am not suggesting 450k is valid)

450k [emoji23][emoji23]

I believe the number to be under 150k which was covered by our summer concerts of Little Mix and Billy Graham.

However, wait to the summer 20% of the Vaulks transfer, plus a min of 500k from the fans funding buyout.

Fucking box office next season.

14 hours ago, Branch Ton said:

That's all you'll have left after your fine is increased as a result of your spurious appeal. 

Greetin' faced cnut!

Vaulks will go for £10m in the summer and we'll get £2m from that deal. I believe Morton's last 'big' sale was Tidser to, ironically, Rotherham. How much of a sell on did you negotiate in that one?

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Vaulks will go for £10m in the summer and we'll get £2m from that deal. I believe Morton's last 'big' sale was Tidser to, ironically, Rotherham. How much of a sell on did you negotiate in that one?

Given that Morton aren't very good at putting clauses in their contracts, I doubt they got much.....

Archived